Windows 10: No Admin Login Option

Discus and support No Admin Login Option in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Per a new software's instructions, I have to log in to Win10 as an admin before installing. I went in to a command line to activate or enable the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Phil3, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Phil3 Win User

No Admin Login Option

Per a new software's instructions, I have to log in to Win10 as an admin before installing. I went in to a command line to activate or enable the "Administrator" account. But, when I restart the computer, there is no "Administrator" login option. I can only login under my family account name. How can I login as Administrator when there is no option to select it?

Thanks.

Phil

:)

Phil3, Aug 20, 2016

2. Lost Administrator account

I changed my login name and now I do not see it as an option with the other user names on the login page my pc. As I was the only one with Admin privileges I no longer have any Admin access on the pc - does anyone know how to recover my user account, or
    create an Admin user account? Note - none of the other users who can login have Admin privileges No Admin Login Option :(

KiteflyerG, Aug 20, 2016
  3. geo_2015 Win User
    Win 10 Upgrade from Win7 Pro, Admin Login Missing

I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro, I hade 3 logins on Win 7 Pro. User 1, User 2 and Admin.

I set up Admin login a year ago ( on Win 7 ) when I got locked out of a previous login ( User 1 ) . Thus, I had saved files to the documents section within the Admin login.

When I upgraded to Win 10, User 1 and User 2 displayed as potential logins. The admin was not an option.

I have read there is a hidden admin on Win 10, I don't want to activate the hidden admin yet since there may be the potential to write over the old admin with my files? Or will my old admin account activate when I activate the hidden admin ?

- Geo

geo_2015, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

No Admin Login Option

Windows has two different administrator account types, local administrator and built/in administrator which is a system account and has nothing to do with normal user accounts.

When a pre/installed Windows is set up or you do a so called clean install installing Windows by yourself from an install media, the first, initial user account created will automatically be a local administrator account. All subsequent user accounts created on same PC will by default so called standard accounts, without local admin rights.

See this tutorial for how to tell if your Windows 10 user account is a local administrator account or a standard account:Account Type - Determine in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

See this tutorial for how to change account type (local administrator / standard): Account Type - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

When software instructions ask you to log in as an administrator, they mean your normal local administrator account, not the Windows built-in administrator account which should only be used to specific tasks, and which a normal user usually never needs. Using myself as an example, my computer / Windows usage being extreme or as my ex-wife said "beyond healthy behaviour" *Wink, I cannot even remember when was the last time I have needed the built-in admin account.

As per your software instructions, sign in using your local administrator account. If your account type is standard you need to sign in using another user account, a local admin.

OK, then the failing built-in admin activation: are you sure you received "The command completed successfully" message:

No Admin Login Option [​IMG]

The command to activate built-in admin does not work when given in normal Command Prompt:

It only works with an elevated Command Prompt (tutorial). When activated you should then see Administrator in Switch User dialog (click your avatar in Start):

Thema:

No Admin Login Option

1. No Admin Login Option - Similar Threads - Admin Login Option

2. No options to login as an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to login as an admin: Hi,Whilst setting up a windows 11 laptop for my child 2 admin accounts were created, one, because my child logged on first and was set up as an admin, and a second when I took over the laptop to set up the family safety features and set the user account settings.Whilst doing...
  3. No options to login as an admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options to login as an admin: Hi,Whilst setting up a windows 11 laptop for my child 2 admin accounts were created, one, because my child logged on first and was set up as an admin, and a second when I took over the laptop to set up the family safety features and set the user account settings.Whilst doing...
  4. Lost admin access to my laptop and could not get an option to login with admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin access to my laptop and could not get an option to login with admin account: Hi Team,I could not access my laptop with admin account suddenly. I just changed my user name as it is having spaces where i am facing issues with tools installation.For all admin access, login button to switch/enter admin user id and password got disabled.Appreciate if some...
  5. Admin Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Login: Hi! I am using a Surface Pro with two users. The first one is a local Admin and the other a Standard User. I don't remember the Admin credentials and I'm not registered with a Microsoft Account. I tried to reset my device via Troubleshooting but it requires a Bitlocker key ID...
  6. Admin Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Login: Hi, I'm really stuck and can do with some help. Basically I can log on to my computer not a problem and log on to my windows account but the problem lies with the admin. I am in desperate need of Adding, Modifying and Updating programs on my computer and it's asking for...
  7. Admin login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin login: Hi everyone! I need to install an app for my job so I can work from home and it's asking me to approve a change as an admin on my personal computer. Per my account info on the settings my admin email is my outlook email but the app is not accepting that login with the...
  8. Admin login in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin login in: Why I cannot login as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-login-in/fc24b8d4-44c7-4b1b-bb6b-235633a4f260
  9. admin login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    admin login: i changed my user preference from admin to standard user. now i am unable to log in using admin id and password .Any one have soln to this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-login/3ae74438-8c46-49f6-90ac-b6d1cded4ae3
  10. Admin login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin login: Hi Experts I am using Windows 10 I am a normal user and i am not able to install any software on my laptop. When i try to install any software i get prompt to enter administrator password. i dont remember the password for the administrator account. is there any tool or...