Windows 10: No admin permissions

Discus and support No admin permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a problem regarding permissions on my Asus laptop, running windows 10 home. If for example wanting to run cmd as administrator I am prevented... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by survivor51, May 22, 2018.

1. No admin permissions

I have a problem regarding permissions on my Asus laptop, running windows 10 home. If for example wanting to run cmd as administrator I am prevented from doing so by this message : 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device'
    To continue:'' enter an admin user name and password''- all fine you may say, except its the guest user name and password that are required. I enter that password which I know-but then get the message :'' The password for this account has expired'' so I can go no further.
    I am admin and login as such, yet the laptop is treating the guest as the administrator ! All efforts to change this have thus far failed.

Any advice on how to get past this then would be much appreciated

:)

survivor51, May 22, 2018

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 22, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 - Cannot access restored files from backup - denied permission.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to open Command prompt with Admin.

• Right Click on Windows Icon.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin) and follow the steps given previously and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 22, 2018
  4. No admin permissions

I have a problem regarding permissions on my Asus laptop, running windows 10 home. If for example wanting to run cmd as administrator I am prevented from doing so by this message : 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device'
    To continue:'' enter an admin user name and password''- all fine you may say, except its the guest user name and password that are required. I enter that password which I know-but then get the message :'' The password for this account has expired'' so I can go no further.
    I am admin and login as such, yet the laptop is treating the guest as the administrator ! All efforts to change this have thus far failed.

Any advice on how to get past this then would be much appreciated

:)

survivor51, May 24, 2018
Thema:

No admin permissions

1. No admin permissions - Similar Threads - admin permissions

2. My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...: This has just starting today, my computer has started to need to ask for administrative permission in order to essentially do anything with files other than renaming them. This has became a great hassle as programs and applications that are installed in "Program Files x86"...
  3. My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...: This has just starting today, my computer has started to need to ask for administrative permission in order to essentially do anything with files other than renaming them. This has became a great hassle as programs and applications that are installed in "Program Files x86"...
  4. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  5. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  6. the admin account’s permissions are broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the admin account’s permissions are broken.: on my PC this is by the way the same admin account from my last PC that is tied to my Microsoft account. The reason i know this is in fact the problem is i am trying to get Battle.net the application to run it gets stuck on the log in and fails to load regardless of having...
  7. the admin account’s permissions are broken.

the admin account’s permissions are broken.: on my PC this is by the way the same admin account from my last PC that is tied to my Microsoft account. The reason i know this is in fact the problem is i am trying to get Battle.net the application to run it gets stuck on the log in and fails to load regardless of having...
  8. Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...: I have a secondary user on my laptop that's trying to use an app on their profile but when they open it the app is blocked for trying to makes changes and it prompts them to enter the admin password. Is there a way to bypass this so they have full access to the app and don't...
  9. Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...

Can I unblock admin permissions block changes to computer on a specific downloaded app for...: I have a secondary user on my laptop that's trying to use an app on their profile but when they open it the app is blocked for trying to makes changes and it prompts them to enter the admin password. Is there a way to bypass this so they have full access to the app and don't...
  10. How can i fix Admin permission gone

How can i fix Admin permission gone: Ive tried downloading windows iso however it just dosent download after waiting on the page for an hour, ive also tried all the register commands everything ive tried nothing works can you please help me im going insane...