Windows 10: No Administrator ID

Discus and support No Administrator ID in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My friend Frank recently migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. In the process he ended up having to login via a Microsoft Account. But he was having... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Swifty, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Swifty Win User

No Administrator ID

My friend Frank recently migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. In the process he ended up having to login via a Microsoft Account.
    But he was having weird problems, so as an experiment I converted him to a local account, cunningly named "Frank".

ID Frank has Administrator access, according to the User Accounts. But there are some files on his system that he cannot access. If he goes into the Security tab of one of these files, instead of getting a list of accessors, he gets a popup message "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object..."

It seems that he doesn't have read permissions...

So, since he has Administrator privilege, I tried to take ownership of one of these files. But there is no "Take Ownership" action that I can find.

How can I help Frank get access to these files?

The plot thickens after this point, but let's see how we get on so far.

:)

Swifty, Jan 24, 2017
  2. torbar Win User

Windows 10 Administrator id - User Accounts and Logon Screen

Afternoon

What the rep did, was caused the local administrator id to be displayed. When I follow the path as directed this displays:

Administrator (default picture)

Local Account

Administrator

Last 2 lines are smaller font

On the left side:

Make changes to Administrator Account

Create a password

Manage another account

I believe that this id is the default administrator id that is on every Windows PC. I do not want to delete this Id. I just do not want it to display on the logon screen with other ids.

torbar, Jan 24, 2017
  3. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Jan 24, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

No Administrator ID

Any files owned by the MS account he won't have rights to

Samuria, Jan 24, 2017
  5. Swifty Win User
    Well, I said the plot thickens... Whilst he cannot see the security tab (apparently he lacks read permission), he can open the word documents in Microsoft Word. Odd, eh?

Swifty, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Administrator ID

1. No Administrator ID - Similar Threads - Administrator

2. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  3. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  4. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  5. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  6. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

7. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...: I resetted my pc completely by doing a cloud reset. I setted it up and downloaded mc afee. Today when I tried to join a minecraft server, it showed "Disconnected". After some research I found out that this is done because of the firewall. I tried to edit it but then the error...
  8. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...: I resetted my pc completely by doing a cloud reset. I setted it up and downloaded mc afee. Today when I tried to join a minecraft server, it showed "Disconnected". After some research I found out that this is done because of the firewall. I tried to edit it but then the error...
  9. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...