Windows 10: No advantage in Reserving Your Copy?

Discus and support No advantage in Reserving Your Copy? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is the advantage of reserving win10? I did this the first moment it was possible. About a month later I eventually did it to my other four... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jim137, Aug 4, 2015.

1. jim137 Win User

No advantage in Reserving Your Copy?

What is the advantage of reserving win10?

I did this the first moment it was possible.
    About a month later I eventually did it to my other four machines.

The last machine I reserved it on was my laptop.

The first machine to say it was ready to install was the laptop.

I made three attempts at installing from the reserved copy that had been downloaded after noticing
    three or four failed attempts. One of the error messages said corrupted download.

The next two attempts I used the downloaded USB version.

It too did not work for various reasons.

Isn't this reserve your copy now business just a come-on to advertise and create anticipation for win10?

What could be the advantage of having some 3-5 GB file being downloaded in the background when you can
    do it manually now?

Granted the laptop I was trying to install it on is relatively old but totally up to specs.
    I checked each error message of each bad attempt and tried the suggested solutions.

The whole process made me realize, why am I going this to an old perfect working machine?

My first experience with Win10 has not been good, and I will wait until the dust clears to do more
    experimenting.

Luckily, this forum clearly shows how to remove the get your copy icon, and the KB3035583.

So the other four computer and the laptop will not constantly nag me to upgrade.

:)

jim137, Aug 4, 2015

2. No windows icon in the right corner?

Wait until July 29, 2015 and just get it when you are ready. The advantages of reservation are very few (one maybe: it might pre-download some bits to your system ahead of time) and the process is very unnecessary (reservation) to the end goal.

Shenan Stanley, Aug 4, 2015
  3. windows 10 recovery

Hello,

If your Windows 7 is activated, your copy of Windows 10 will be activated automatically. If you've reserved your upgrade, then this can be taken as advantage of free upgrade offer.

Hope this answers your query No advantage in Reserving Your Copy? :)

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

No advantage in Reserving Your Copy?

1. No advantage in Reserving Your Copy? - Similar Threads - advantage Reserving Copy

2. Hp Deskjet Ink Advantage 2778 Aio Printer, Copy, Scan driver for windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Deskjet Ink Advantage 2778 Aio Printer, Copy, Scan driver for windows 8.1: I am unable to run printer set up for Hp Deskjet Ink Advantage 2778 Aio Printer, Copy, Scan in my desktop windows 8.1 OS. Pls, provide me the driver for that printer...
  3. Your Phone Select and Copy Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone Select and Copy Photos: Using the "Your Phone" app linked to my mobile phone, is there any way I can select several photos from the phone and paste them on to my PC? I can only do this one photo at a time....
  4. How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R: Hi,I wonder if it is possible to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R.Any help in this regard will be appreciated.My question is particularly for DVD-R not Hard Drive or USB.Thank you...
  5. Is there any advantage .....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any advantage .....: to running a static IP. If how to set it up and where to get the settings. "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir...
  6. How to copy files with reserved names?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy files with reserved names?: I use an encryption & password protection program with an export function that creates file names containing "CON.". No problem if I just want to export and import the files, but I cannot copy the exported files. An attempt results in an invalid handle error. I assume that is...
  7. How to reserve a copy from within 10 preview?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reserve a copy from within 10 preview?: I upgraded both of my 8.1 machines to 10 about 3 months ago and have just been using them ever since. Today I reserved my 10 upgrade on my other win7 machine. It occurs to me that I have no way of reserving an upgrade to 10 when I am already running 10. I have my product keys...
  8. What is the size of Your System Reserved Partition?

What is the size of Your System Reserved Partition?: Win Ten boot Loader Under 10240 I do believe it was 505Mb Under 10586.29 mine is 430Mb 33619
  9. Advantages of UEFI (Windows 10)?

Advantages of UEFI (Windows 10)?: I've been having some trouble with a clean install of Windows 10 done using the Bios route, and I'm considering doing a clean install on a brand new SSD to overcome any mistakes that I made the first time round, and I have two questions: 1) What are the advantages of...
  10. Thanks for reserving your free upgrade

Thanks for reserving your free upgrade: Hello, I have a problem in that I have reserved my free windows 10 upgrade, BUT for some reason which I certainly don't I am unable to upgrade, it keeps say that we're validating windows 10 for your pc, we recommend that you update after you get your notification, well I...