Windows 10: No applications running after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Discus and support No applications running after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I just upgraded my Windows 7 installation to Windows 10 using the Windows free upgrade. The upgrade completed successfully and I am able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rinjo, Aug 4, 2015.

1. rinjo Win User

No applications running after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Hi All,

I just upgraded my Windows 7 installation to Windows 10 using the Windows free upgrade.
    The upgrade completed successfully and I am able to boot into Windows 10.
    However, that is where the happy journey ends! *Sad

I am not able to open any applications pinned to the taskbar. Even the windows menu is not launching! *Huh
    Hence I am stuck with only limited set of applications which have shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might be the issue here?
    Any help is appreciated...

-

:)

rinjo, Aug 4, 2015

2. How can I re-perform Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 after crash.

My Windows 10 OS crashed yesterday and in order to recover my applications and files, I performed a System Restore from an image I created from Windows 7 prior to my free upgrade to Windows 10, July of last year. I didn't create a new image after the successful
    upgrade to Windows 10. I am now up and running successfully on Windows 7 and all my applications and files have been restored and are functional.

How can I perform an upgrade to Windows 10 again without purchasing Windows 10. I have Windows 7 Home edition on an X64 laptop.

Thanks

J_Sanchez_Fairport, Aug 4, 2015
  3. KyungYu Win User
    IE 11 on Windows 10 crash but not on Windows 7

When I run internal application with IE11 in Enterprise mode on Windows 7, application runs. However, after recent upgrade to Windows 10, even when running IE 11, the application hangs.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

KyungYu, Aug 4, 2015
  4. rinjo Win User

Even alt+tab does not work. If i mini-zed an app it does not go to task bar, but remains invisible. I need to launch windows task manager to list out and open the app gain.

rinjo, Aug 4, 2015
  5. rinjo Win User
    I do not know whether the new Windows 10 takes a long time to setup everything and make everything available, but a couple of reboots actually solved the issues that I had reported as part of this thread.

Now I am able to use the task bar and also the start menu without any issues! *Rolleyes

Although not fully stable (I observed a couple of BSOD crashes while running youtube videos), the system is in sort of a usable state...

I will post the BSOD issues on some other thread.

--

rinjo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No applications running after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - applications running upgrade

2. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  3. no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7: Can someone please help me find out how to get my ethernet back> My computer also has wifi so I'm not completely disabled but after windows 7 to 10 upgrade I completely lost my ethernet connection and don't know how to get it back. thanks...
  4. Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7: One week ago I installed Windows 10 on my computer. I was upgrading from Windows 7. Not sure what happened but it is not working properly. I had a glitch during installation and think that may be the cause. Can I just revert back to Windows 7 and then install Windows 10...
  5. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  6. All .NET Applications crash on startup after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

All .NET Applications crash on startup after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hi, I just recently upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 on my laptop. The upgrade seems to have gone smoothly except for one problem: applications using the .NET Framework such as PatchCleaner and Microsoft Hyperlaspe Pro, that previously worked on windows 7, not crash under...
  7. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  8. Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.: Ever since I upgraded from windows 7, even after reinstalling each of these individual pieces of software I'm having problems with windows 10 failing to properly start programs. For example, my NVIDIA control panel does launch, but it no longer automatically applies my...
  9. Missing applications in Start Menu after upgrading from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing applications in Start Menu after upgrading from 7 to 10: Hi All, I've just upgraded yesterday from Windows 7 to Windows 10, operation went smoothly, after around an hour of additional configuration tasks I'm almost 'at home'. However what I noticed and is really confusing is that I have around 40 applications installed (visible...
  10. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...