Windows 10: No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down

Discus and support No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge started not responding- couldn't turn it off and it wouldn't search. I can't open anything file wise. I can look in the file- just not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KWestworth, Jun 2, 2016.

1. No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down

Microsoft Edge started not responding- couldn't turn it off and it wouldn't search. I can't open anything file wise. I can look in the file- just not open. Settings, Windows icon, nothing will open. I have done two hard resets. I was able to reach and run defender by backdooring through the search at the bottom. I clicked on it and found defender and ran it- it found nothing. I pushed CTRL-ALt-DEL to see if something was running on task manager- it wouldn't open. Saw at the bottom rt a power button. Hit it, and now BSOD.

This has to be a bug. The computer is new. Just got it in December. Mainly used for Internet browsing, photos and couponing. Please help.

One other thing,the carat at the bottom rt, for hidden icons when I hit it says defender- PC status protected and Outlook is closing.

:)

KWestworth, Jun 2, 2016

2. When shutting down get bsod after 5 min then shuts down

When shutting down after 5 min get driver_power_state_failure BSOD then shuts down don't want to damage my computer....

RogerFreeman67, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Hollyecho Win User
    BSOD after starting to install AMD drivers to get win 10 to see my other 3 monitors

That method ONLY works if windows will come up. Windows will NOT START.

1. BSOD "ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY"

2. It shuts down, then goes to:

3. Prepairing automatic repair - THEN another BSOD

"WDF_VIOLATION"

4. It shuts down, then goes to:

5. (it attempts restart-then goes to)

6. BSOD "ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY"

7. It shuts down, then goes to:

8. Prepairing automatic repair - THEN another BSOD

"WDF_VIOLATION"

9. (it attempts restart-then goes to)

10. BSOD "ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY"

11. It shuts down, then goes to:

12. Prepairing automatic repair - THEN another BSOD

"WDF_VIOLATION"

THIS IS A FOREVER LOOP. WINDOWS WILL NOT START - F8 or SHIFT F8 will not --- repeat WILL NOT start safe mode.

Every solution you have given me so far NEEDS WINDOWS TO START! WINDOWS WILL NOT START.

Hollyecho, Jun 2, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down

If it is in its warranty period I would simply take it back to the store.

philc43, Jun 2, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    You are within warranty. So you can send it back for RMA.

If you think that you will give the troubleshooting a go before RMA, try to follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
    and post a reply in this thread with the zip file.
    If you cannot do that, at least take a camera snap of the BSOD screen and post it here.

Thema:

No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down

1. No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down - Similar Threads - apps BSOD trying

2. BSOD When shutting down constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When shutting down constantly: In the last month constant BSODs into forced restarts when I shut down the PC. See Below for full dump.******************************************************************************* ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. BSOD When shutting down constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When shutting down constantly: In the last month constant BSODs into forced restarts when I shut down the PC. See Below for full dump.******************************************************************************* ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  5. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  8. BSOD when shutting down

BSOD when shutting down: No idea why this is happening, but whenever i try to shut down my computer after using it, it does not shutdown, instead, it stays on, screen goes dark, then restarts itself. It creates a dump file so im pretty sure its a bsod, i have all drivers update so there is no reason...
  9. "Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?

"Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?: Hello when i try to shut down my computer it says "this app is preventing you from shutting down" however I have no apps open. I went to the event viewer and this error comes up "The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: nsload.exe." I went back and it has...
  10. BSOD when shutting down. PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES

BSOD when shutting down. PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES: Hi I'd love it if someone could help me with this problem. It is mainly happening when I ask my computer to shut down I get a BSOD with that error and I've had a friends help me and he got as far as detecting which file was falling over but not why or how to fix it other than...