Windows 10: No Audio After Changing Settings in Windows 10 v1803

Discus and support No Audio After Changing Settings in Windows 10 v1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded to W10 v1803 recently. Today I went through Settings and made a few changes. The most substantial thing I did was: Update & Security>Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vanp, May 13, 2018.

1. vanp Win User

No Audio After Changing Settings in Windows 10 v1803

I upgraded to W10 v1803 recently. Today I went through Settings and made a few changes. The most substantial thing I did was: Update & Security>Windows Security>Open Windows Defender Security Center>Device security>Core isolation details>Memory integrity; I turned it on. I had to restart, and when I did I had no sound, and it won't let me turn it back off. I don't see any relationship, but I don't know what else to do. I did do the Microsoft/Windows troubleshooting, but no luck. It told me there are 2 audio services, one of which was turned off, but they're both on. I restarted the computer again but no change.

I see threads about RealTek, but they don't seem relevant to me, and I've never had to download any updates related to the speakers.

If all else fails, I'll restore a system image from last week. Any advice? Thanks.

:)

2. After system restore, change in Windows settings on Windows 10.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "done everthing possible", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • When you say that "paltalk and set my audio settings", have you change the audio settings through audio icon on the taskbar?
    • Have you created a System Restore point of last good known configuration on the system?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the system maintenance troubleshooter. It will resolve the common system problems.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting

3. Then click on System and Security.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I recommend you to boot the computer in safe mode. Try to change audio settings and other common system settings. Check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2018
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    More comments on V1803 Windows Update

Hi Robert. Here are two threads of mine:

> A new record? < Second paragraph shows that five WUs were 'processed' in the same session. This occurred
    on my bottom-of-the-range Acer that I bought as back-up to get me out of the BSOD crashes that earlier WUs had caused.

>V1803 beggared-up my Word<

and this is relevant too.

>BSOD bug in a WU<

Microsoft holds up Windows 10 feature upgrade after finding BSOD bug

Interestingly, this article refers to a BSOD bug that was delaying v1803.

Taffy087, May 16, 2018
Thema:

No Audio After Changing Settings in Windows 10 v1803

1. No Audio After Changing Settings in Windows 10 v1803 - Similar Threads - Audio Changing Settings

2. Stop Windows 10 From Changing Audio Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Windows 10 From Changing Audio Settings: This problem is on Windows 10 and I have no idea why it is not resolved yet. I've seen other posts about it but no sure fix. Why is it every time I plug in a new device to my PC that has audio capabilities. Windows automatically thinks I want my sound setting changed and it...
  3. Windows 10 Changes My Audio File Attribute Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Changes My Audio File Attribute Settings: Window 10 Audacity is my sound file app.. Last night I winnowed down audio file lists to just Name and Date Created and Size. Today Windows has tossed out my work and replaced my Column Heading layout with #, Title, Contributing Artist, and Album. What is going on?...
  4. Windows 10 keep changing my audio setting?

Windows 10 keep changing my audio setting?: My main problem is when i plug in my headphoneWhich has broken mic i can't select my inbuilt mic. So, When i uninstall the realtek high definition audio driver and reinstall it. Then i can change the mic to inbuilt mic. After severl minutes windows 10 automatic change...
  5. Windows 10 v1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v1803 update: I updated my windows 10 from 1703 to 1803 I found some problems so I rolled back to 1703 if I want to upgrade it again later what should I do ? Update stuck on needs restart to be install...
  6. Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803: Windows 10 Pro v1803 After running sysprep and rebooted i get " Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer" and obviously restarting did not fix the issue. So i pulled the log file from...
  7. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803

"No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803: Before anything else, I want to state that I've already tried the following methods to troubleshoot this: - Uninstalling and reinstalling Intel(R) Display Audio driver. (only audio driver that showed) - Searching for driver updates. - Clicking on the small sound tab with a...
  8. Windows 10 v1803 Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 v1803 Photos: I am trying to export a video project I created in Windows 10 v1803 Photos and I am just getting the "spinning circle" showing 0 percent. It stays like that for hours and doesn't do a thing. Also, where can I find the files that contain my project so that I can save them to...
  9. Audio controls and settings changed

Audio controls and settings changed: After a batch of 3 updates, my audio controls changed. The updates had nothing to do with audio. In the audio settings before were speakers through an audio speaker jack.. After the update were 4 hdmi graphic card audio connections were discovered while troubleshooting,...
  10. V1803 Changes Audio Playback Detection

V1803 Changes Audio Playback Detection: I use my PC for both general use and for my home recording studio. Prior to1803 I could have my recording interface connected (its an MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid with ASIO) and also my regular PC audio (Realtek) and the PC Audio "Speakers" would remain as the default audio playback...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound after changing security setings

2. no audio after changing realtek audio setting

3. no sound in windows 10 v1803 bld17134.471