Windows 10: No audio coming from DisplayPort.

Discus and support No audio coming from DisplayPort. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Liam Baum, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Liam Baum Win User

No audio coming from DisplayPort.

I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's no sound coming through my headphones. Even in the sound mixer, it's showing that audio is being outputted. I've tried reinstalling drivers, adjusting the monitor volume, and every other solution I could think of, but nothing seems to be working.GPU: RTX 3080TiMonitor: ASUS VG279QM

:)

Liam Baum, Apr 24, 2024
  2. entant Win User

DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

I'm using a Surface Pro 2. After my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I'm not getting any audio out from the DisplayPort.

I use DisplayPort to HDMI to a receiver. I've upgraded to the latest RealTek audio drivers, but it's not helping. Could there be a different driver issue at play?

Any suggestions appreciated.

entant, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 24, 2024
  4. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

No startup sound when login password is active (DisplayPort connected monitor speakers)

Hello. I assume it is related to analog/digital output or system prioritization. I feel like if there is password, Windows does not play the sound through DisplayPort because it is named AMD High Definition Audio Device (prioritization or does not send the audio at all).

Does anyone have a logical explanation and/or a possible solution to this?

• Monitor speakers (DisplayPort) + account password: There is no startup sound
    • Monitor speakers (DisplayPort) + no account password: There is startup sound
    • Analog headphones (3.5mm jack) + account password: There is startup sound
    • Analog headphones (3.5mm jack) + no account password: There is startup sound

Thank you.

Berk Cinar, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

No audio coming from DisplayPort.

1. No audio coming from DisplayPort. - Similar Threads - audio coming DisplayPort

2. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming from DisplayPort.: I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's...
  3. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio through DisplayPort: More specific:-My laptop is HP Folio 9470m, running Windows 10 22H2. There is no HDMI but DiplayPort on this device. Other video output is VGA.-I connect it through a DP to HDMI adapter, then to HDMI cable to the TV. There is video appear, but audio still only laptop built-in...
  4. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio through DisplayPort: More specific:-My laptop is HP Folio 9470m, running Windows 10 22H2. There is no HDMI but DiplayPort on this device. Other video output is VGA.-I connect it through a DP to HDMI adapter, then to HDMI cable to the TV. There is video appear, but audio still only laptop built-in...
  5. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager: Running Windows 10 with 2x HP S240uj monitors with built-in B&O speakers.Up until two weeks ago I was running audio through one of the monitor speakers via DisplayPort connection. I could see both monitors as output audio devices in both sound settings and device manager, and...
  7. DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager: Running Windows 10 with 2x HP S240uj monitors with built-in B&O speakers.Up until two weeks ago I was running audio through one of the monitor speakers via DisplayPort connection. I could see both monitors as output audio devices in both sound settings and device manager, and...
  8. DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

9. No Audios Coming Out From My PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audios Coming Out From My PC: Hi there My PC started to have no audio since a few hours back, I have checked all the plugs are properly plugged in and drivers are all up to date but there is no application detected in volume mixer even system sound is not on there as well, I have tried to restart my...
  10. DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10: I'm using a Surface Pro 2. After my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I'm not getting any audio out from the DisplayPort. I use DisplayPort to HDMI to a receiver. I've upgraded to the latest RealTek audio drivers, but it's not helping. Could there be a different...