Windows 10: No audio devices appear after windows 11 reset

Discus and support No audio devices appear after windows 11 reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I’m having a problem with my laptop. I have an HP omen 15 en0000I did a system reset on windows 11, and i noticed my sound is “muted” and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by marlina stephens, Dec 3, 2023.

1. No audio devices appear after windows 11 reset

Hello, I’m having a problem with my laptop. I have an HP omen 15 en0000I did a system reset on windows 11, and i noticed my sound is “muted” and no reaction. Later after trying to troubleshoot with windows and hp support with no success, I tried several solutions on the web. the speakers do not appear in “device manager” or in the “playback” tab at the "sounds" settings. I have no new updates on windows, and hp provides only drivers for windows 10 for my computer. I tried “add legacy hardware” for USB audio OEM device, but it fails to install. On device manager under “sound

:)

marlina stephens, Dec 3, 2023

2. Windows 11 messed up audio devices

Hey all, I just upgraded to windows 11 from 10, and now all my audio devices are messed up. I used to have it as my speakers that are plugged into the front audio port, and my headphones/mic plugged into the back. They were listed as 2 separate devices that I could toggle between. Since I went to 11, it is now showing as 1 audio device only and the audio plays from speakers and headphones at the same time. any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

RustPorcupine33, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Audio device missing or inoperative in windows 10

All sound is inoperative in my windows 10 system. Happened when I reset the system using a Windows 10 download. Device manager lists " Audio device on high definition Audio Bus". Attempting to reload the driver for this device results in an error "IDT
    high definition Audio Codec error", a device attached to the system not operating" Is my Windows operating system download corrupt? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I tired downloading the Realtek Audio Manager as a substitute per a suggestion
    on this site. Installation appeared to be successful but I don't see it anywhere in Device Manager. Also got an error message that a cable was missing, needed plugged in. Seemed like it was looking for a game controller.

AdministratorKeeley, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Aceman.au Win User

No audio devices appear after windows 11 reset

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

No audio devices appear after windows 11 reset

1. No audio devices appear after windows 11 reset - Similar Threads - audio devices appear

2. Audio driver issue on windows 11 devices appearing and disappearing repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio driver issue on windows 11 devices appearing and disappearing repeatedly: Hey.I own a Windows 11 Pro license, and for some reason, about 2 months after the windows 11 update I got an audio driver issue.Every device that I plug in my PC just starts appearing and disappearing, regardless of what type is it headphones, audio interface, etc.. or what...
  3. Audio driver issue on windows 11 devices appearing and disappearing repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio driver issue on windows 11 devices appearing and disappearing repeatedly: Hey.I own a Windows 11 Pro license, and for some reason, about 2 months after the windows 11 update I got an audio driver issue.Every device that I plug in my PC just starts appearing and disappearing, regardless of what type is it headphones, audio interface, etc.. or what...
  4. No audio devices appear after windows 11 reset

No audio devices appear after windows 11 reset: Hello, I’m having a problem with my laptop. I have an HP omen 15 en0000I did a system reset on windows 11, and i noticed my sound is “muted” and no reaction. Later after trying to troubleshoot with windows and hp support with no success, I tried several solutions on the web....
  5. No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore

No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore: all of a sudden my headphones are not showing as devices i can add and I cannot hear anything! I currently have VB audio downloaded which allows me to play music through mic and that works but Im unable to hear any music or audio suddenly Worked in the past. In settings my...
  6. Audio device keep appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio device keep appearing and disappearing: So I have a headset connected with usb type-c. This morning it started appearing and disappearing at the settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooting. Everything. Any idea what could cause this issue and how can I solve it?...
  7. Audio device Fastswitch appears blank

Audio device Fastswitch appears blank: Hi,I have a problem concerning the task bar, more precisely in the sound devices. They all work perfectly fine, they all appear if i go into mixer or settings, but they not appear on the fast switch when i click the little arrow at the right side of the slider in the taskbar....
  8. DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager: Running Windows 10 with 2x HP S240uj monitors with built-in B&O speakers.Up until two weeks ago I was running audio through one of the monitor speakers via DisplayPort connection. I could see both monitors as output audio devices in both sound settings and device manager, and...
  9. no audio output device after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio output device after reset: No audio output device after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-after-reset/5dc1429e-2830-4c7b-a5f2-7aa489179fa3
  10. No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output Device installed after resetting windows 10: I have upgraded my laptop Asus k43s from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything went fine but then I decided to reset the laptop to have a fresh start. After resetting, my sound button has a red x mark on it saying that "No audio output device is installed". So I go to the...