Windows 10: No audio from email, browser, facebook, etc.

Discus and support No audio from email, browser, facebook, etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 10 from an automatic upgrade from Windows 8.1. My machine is a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop on my home wi-fi network which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samkrit, Aug 28, 2015.

1. samkrit Win User

No audio from email, browser, facebook, etc.

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 from an automatic upgrade from Windows 8.1. My machine is a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop on my home wi-fi network which is powered by Cox Gigabit service. Everything works well and fast, except that I get no audio from videos in Facebook, Email and those in browser sites, like CNN. I do get audio from ITunes and other previously saved music. Can you help? Thanks,

Sam K.

:)

samkrit, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Share function in PEOPLE, WHAT NEWS

Sharing is done from whatever you want to share. Go to the Pictures hub to share a picture to your email/social network, go to the web browser to share a link, etc.

If you're talking about reposting a Facebook status, you can't do that from the People Hub. You can retweet a tweet though.

Entegy, Aug 28, 2015
  3. jhk07 Win User
    HTC Trophy. I want to Private message a picture(in my saved pictures) to Facebook contact.

Not talking about the chat option. If I click on a picture(saved on my phone) I can share on facebook, my wall. Use it as wallpaper. Email it. MMS it.... etc. What i cannot do is send it in a private massage as in Facebook messaging. If
    you were in the desktop version of Facebook there is a little camera to add a pic or file etc. Mobile version does not have that. if you load desktop version on Windows phone, the photo button says "browser does not support this"....

jhk07, Aug 28, 2015
  4. No audio from email, browser, facebook, etc.

fracking4oil, Aug 28, 2015
  5. samkrit Win User
    ;

Yes I have, but the problem still exists.

samkrit, Aug 28, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    It could be a plug-in or an outdated Adobe Flash Player (probably not Adobe Flash Player, but it's a good idea to keep it updated anyway). First, download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions, unchecking the optional offer, run the setup file and install it, and if that doesn't work, download something like VLC Player which I know has working browser plug-ins.

7. samkrit Win User
    Thanks for the advice. I am running Google Chrome as my browser, and it automatically updates Flash Player, so I don't think that is the problem. I did install VLC player, but that didn't seem to help either. With vlc, do I need to do anything to make it the default audio player? I have ITunes currently set as my default player.

Sam K.

samkrit, Aug 29, 2015
  8. Antilope Win User

There can be separate slider volume controls for Speakers, System Sounds, Browsers, etc.

To access those separate controls, Right Click on the Speaker Icon on the lower right of the Desktop.
    Select Open Volume Mixer. It should show separate volume slider controls. Maybe some have the volume turned down.

If that doesn't work...

Try uninstalling the sound hardware in Device Manager and then let the Device Manager re-detect sound hardware and re-install.

Right Click on the Start Button, Device Manager, Sound, video and game controllers,
    Click on the Sound hardware, right click and Uninstall. Do Not Uninstall the Driver (or you will have to find a driver file and reinstall).

Now on the Device Manager top menu bar, click on Action, Scan for hardware changes.

The Device Manager should re-install the Sound Hardware. Hopefully this will prompt it to work.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
  9. samkrit Win User
    After several weeks of trying things out, I now know that all of the audio from Web browser programs, like Facebook videos, plays correctly when I use Edge as my browser. I do not want to use Edge, because an important website for me (a school at which I teach online) is not compatible with Edge. I want to use Chrome, and when I do use Chrome, I get no audio from web browser programs, as I reported before. What can I do to get audio when I am using Chrome? Thanks,

Sam K.

samkrit, Oct 3, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    You can try uninstalling and than re-installing Chrome because obviously it's Chrome making problems.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No audio from email, browser, facebook, etc. - Similar Threads - audio email browser

2. Pictures no longer attach in Emails, Facebook, Nextdoor, etc. etc? since the new updates??...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures no longer attach in Emails, Facebook, Nextdoor, etc. etc? since the new updates??...: My pictures from my tile have always been able to click and attach to emails, Facebook posts, Nextdoor posts, etc. I can no long attach anything to my documents or sites? New updates have been updating and are done....
  3. Compromised email and facebook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Compromised email and facebook: Recently I was asked how to find out if someone used your email and facebook account to send derogatory and threatening messages to people. Is it possible to discover and prove where those nastygrams were sent from and by whom (assuming it was not the email/facebook account...
  4. Facebook Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Browser: Which browser do I have now? I clicked on Edge. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-browser/3f316119-6b38-48a4-acbf-20adf9b00501
  5. FaceBook tells me to change Browser

FaceBook tells me to change Browser: FaceBook telling me to change Browser (Using the MSN "butterfly" link)...….Why, or how to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-tells-me-to-change-browser/0ad2b96c-b85a-4fe7-af73-ee5bb9e93abf
  6. popups on desktop from facebook, youtube, etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    popups on desktop from facebook, youtube, etc: I'm trying to stop the random popups on the bottom of my screen. Whether it's Facebook, YouTube, etc. Please, anyone tell me how to make them stop!!!!!! Thank you from "Waaay Over the Popups in AZ!"...
  7. Unsolicited Facebook emails

in Browsers and Email
    Unsolicited Facebook emails: I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails. Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account? Is this just typical spam? There is a link to unsubscribe, but given Facebook history, I don't want to have any contact with...
  8. Unsolicited Facebook emails

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsolicited Facebook emails: I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails. Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account? Is this just typical spam? There is a link to unsubscribe, but given Facebook history, I don't want to have any contact with...
  9. Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers

Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers: I am unable to connect to Facebook on any of the browsers in my laptop for the last 3 days. It runs Windows version 1803 with OSbuild 17134.345. The error I get on Edge is that it cannot connect securely to this page, because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security...
  10. Browser Malware Etc

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Malware Etc: A while back I commented on browsers, namely firefox, adding malware to their product. I was told basically that this was impossible if I got it from source, which I always do. I meant to produce some visual evidence but a bad memory let time slip by. Here is a screen...