Windows 10: No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10

Discus and support No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro, using Hyper-V, with a VM that is running Windows 10. I've already read Overview: Client Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by IronRod, Jan 8, 2016.

1. IronRod Win User

No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, using Hyper-V, with a VM that is running Windows 10. I've already read Overview: Client Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 8.1 and Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode - Turn On or Off (referred to in several other related articles) and neither worked.

In my case, I never see the RDP connection dialog that allows selecting the audio. When I click "Connect" from on the VM from within "Hyper-V Manager", it displays the VM terminal window. The only actions are to "Start" or "Checkpoint" the VM.

On the VM host, both the "Enhanced Session Mode Policy" and "Enhanced Session Mode" are checked. On the VM guest, "Remote Desktop Services" is running.

What else needs done?

:)

IronRod, Jan 8, 2016
  2. Cybot Win User

Hyper-V Virtual Machines Fail to Start and Initialize after Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1

I setup a vm on win8.1.2 using the exact same settings I used on win10, and the vm started to boot (it did not totally boot beacuase there was no OS, but I got expected results) there is definitely an issue with win10 hyper-v. I did notice that disabling
    the hyper-v remotfx3d entry in device manager seems to allow the vm to boot further before erroring out with the same error as in OP

Cybot, Jan 8, 2016
  3. After installing Win10 1709 on host OS, Hyper V VM viewer no longer has sound

After upgrading to Win10 1709, the Hyper V VM viewer is no longer playing sound from a Win10 1703 or 1709 guest. It worked fine prior to the 1709 update. Sound also works fine using Remote Desktop. I've tried disabling and re-enabling guest services
    with no luck.

Paul Golabowski, Jan 8, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Are all services checked in the VMs integration services tab?

No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10 [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jan 8, 2016
  5. IronRod Win User
    I found that creating a VM using Win 10 Pro presented the connect dialog as described in the articles. I can now use the audio. Apparently Win 10 Home doesn't have the right pieces as a guest to support the enhanced sessions. That's annoying.

IronRod, Jan 8, 2016
  6. IronRod Win User
    @Cliff S -- Yes, all services are checked.

For further info:
    • The first VM I created was a Generation 1 running Windows 10 x64. It did not present the connection dialog allowing for screen resolution adjustment or selection of resources.
    • The second VM I created was a Generation 2 running Windows 10 Pro x64. It presented the connection dialog and allowed selection of resources. Audio as working.
    • I then created a third VM as Generation 2 running Windows 10 x64 to see if the generation made a difference. This one still did not present the connection dialog.

IronRod, Jan 8, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    I think these pre-requisites are still valid (i.e. you need Pro in the guest as you found).

source

You might also you need the network (on the guest) to be private not public. Certainly you do for RDC and enhanced session mode is much the same.

lx07, Jan 8, 2016
  8. IronRod Win User

@Ix07: I agree. For example, When checking on Windows 10, the "Remote Desktop" section is not present under Control Panel > System > Remote nor is there a tsclient found as a Network device, even though the "Remote Desktop Services" is running.

On Win 10 Pro, the "Remote Desktop" section is visible and there is a tsclient Network device.

IronRod, Jan 8, 2016
  9. inertia Win User
    What a major bummer this is. I spent some time configuring my VM before running into this bump in the road. I guess I have no choice but to fork over $100 just to hear audio.

inertia, Feb 18, 2016
  10. lx07 Win User
    Yeah, you could. Or you could donate it to the pope.

Using terms like that (M$, Microshafted and Crapple) just make you look like a small minded cnut though.

Spelling is difficult though I guess.

Here hear hare her, ha ha *Wink

Thema:

1. No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10 - Similar Threads - audio Hyper Win10

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V and Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V and Win10 Home: Hello - I need to use VMWare to access a database I have, but when I launch VM it tells me VM is not compatible with W10Home. When I first bought the database it came with VMWare and worked as instructed. I started getting an error when I launch VM and it will not open...
  4. Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016: I am having trouble moving a VM from windows 10 to Server 2016. I have updated Win 10 to 20H2 and applied all available windows updates. I created a VM on Win 10, exported it, and then copied to a server 2016 computer with Hyper-V installed but it does not present as...
  5. Overlocking w/ Win10 Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Overlocking w/ Win10 Hyper-V: Hi, I'm running a single VM using hyper-v from windows 10. The VM runs the same license and OS as the host. My problem is I lose my custom hardware settings defined by my UEFI. Is there a way to get overclocking performance to the VM?...
  6. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  7. Exporting VM with hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  8. Win10 hyper-v cannot connect to internet. Vm can only ping router!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win10 hyper-v cannot connect to internet. Vm can only ping router!: I have installed a Win10 Hyper-v machine in my windows 10 system and cannot get this thing to connect to the internet I can get as far as the router, in other words from the VM I can ping the router; in reality it doesn't matter what IP address I try to ping, if I ping...
  9. Hyper-V & Win10 #2

Hyper-V & Win10 #2: Is there a way to create a Desktop shortcut to the Hyper-V Windows 10 Client so when I double click it I launch Windows 10 under Hyper-V? I've seen suggestions for Powershell and VB scripts, none of which I could get to work. 2338
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v audio

2. hyper v vm no audio

3. sound on hyper v vm

4. sound driver for hyper v in windows 10 pro,
  5. not list hyper-v on windows10,
  6. hyper-v windows 10 sound,
  7. no sound on hyper v windows 10,
  8. hyper v vm sound,
  9. no sound hyper v windows 10,
  10. vm audio,