Windows 10: No audio input device found

Discus and support No audio input device found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cortana 't respond to my voice after recognising "Hey Cortana". Other voice inputs like Ok Google work fine. Help!!! 64287 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vandap, Sep 19, 2016.

1. vandap Win User

No audio input device found

Cortana 't respond to my voice after recognising "Hey Cortana". Other voice inputs like Ok Google work fine. Help!!!

:)

vandap, Sep 19, 2016

2. Audio inputs not found

Hello Omar,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
    remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 19, 2016
  3. Audio inputs not found

Hi Guys !! i've just bought amd radeon HD 5450 and installed it but the audio connected to the pc is not found or discovered i tried to find from computer management but nothing..i also tried to find them in the sound properties but there was nothing at
    all what should i do please ?!!

Omar Ali2000, Sep 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, what sort of microphone are you using? Is the correct microphone set up as default?
    If using a USB mike, can you try using just the one in your laptop?

dalchina, Sep 19, 2016
  5. vandap Win User
    I am using the default mike of my laptop, which used to work fine until it stopped working with cortana.

vandap, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No audio input device found - Similar Threads - audio input device

2. No audio input devices found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio input devices found: I have been trying use my computers microphone, it was working fine. But all of a sudden my laptop stopped detecting microphone since 2 days on my dell pc.It constantly shows 'no input devices found' in settings. Even with and without plugging in an earphone. Please help me...
  3. No Audio INPUT found

No Audio INPUT found: After I installed VR, my pc no longer detects the microphone from my headphones. I have done a full system restore, reinstalled every driver imaginable and still nothing. I've tried multiple types of earphones and headphones but none seem to work. there's no visible damage...
  4. No audio input device found on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No audio input device found on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users reported that the sound of the computer stopped working completely when they […] This article No audio input device found on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Help! No audio input devices found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! No audio input devices found: I just purchased a new laptop (HP envy 360) and am experiencing audio issues! It will not pick up my audio no matter what I do. Under sound settings, the input option is listed as “no audio input devices found.” When i plug in my headphones (that have a working microphone),...
  6. No input Devices Found.

No input Devices Found.: Hey! So I got this new monitor today The Lenovo Q27q-10 and I plugged my headset Razer D. Va Meka Headset into the back of it and then went to go play with my friends. My mic didn't work. I went to go look at the setting and it said no input devices found? None of the forums...
  7. No input devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    No input devices found: Audio input device not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-input-devices-found/25f2e93b-614a-4cd1-9800-fcf77574be0d
  8. no input or output audio devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    no input or output audio devices found: My computer used to play audio and one day it stopped and says no audio playback devices are found on this computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says the update should take care of it and to restart your computer. Which I have done multiple times. Any ideas?...
  9. No audio input or output devices found

No audio input or output devices found: After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found....
  10. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Input or Output Devices found: After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/ Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems .. Sound settings say...