Windows 10: No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 last week I have been unable to get audio from my computer. The icon in the system tray shows a pop-up that says, "No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesDuke1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade

Since upgrading to Windows 10 last week I have been unable to get audio from my computer. The icon in the system tray shows a pop-up that says, "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." If I open the Sounds control window, however, it shows that my speakers are plugged in. I can also unplug them and see the change in that window. I have run the audio troubleshooter and it says that the audio services aren't running. I checked that as well and they seem to be. I also believe I'm running the most up to date Realtek audio driver. I'll upload a screenshot of the windows I've used to try to troubleshoot the problem myself. Thanks.

No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade 8f48d5ae-92ce-4aa3-badd-22a5d2cdb969?upload=true.jpg

:)

JamesDuke1, Aug 4, 2018

2. Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade

1. No audio no HP s5580t since Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - audio s5580t since

2. Distorted audio since upgrading to Windows 10 long ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted audio since upgrading to Windows 10 long ago: I have a Dell N411z that was originally a Windows 7 machine. The sound has been distorted ever since upgrading to Windows 10 now at Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1165 . I believe it originally had Realtek Audio drivers that always worked great. I have tried some of the...
  3. No Audio HP laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Audio HP laptop windows 10: Recently I am facing an issue with my laptop speaker. Immediately after the windows update the audio goes off. When I pair my headphones via Bluetooth, the audio works, but when it's through my laptop speaker it doesn't work. It happened once during the month of December, not...
  4. HP laptop won't stay connected since Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP laptop won't stay connected since Windows 10 upgrade: I have followed the forum instructions for this problem, to DESELECT the choice to allow my computer to be shut off. This has not worked. Some days, I seriously drop my connection every 2-3 minutes. I can't get anything done! This was not a problem with Windows 7...EVER. Is...
  5. No Audio Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio Windows 10 upgrade: Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and there’s no Audio when I try to update the drivers I get a error. submitted by /u/Pac_2012 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvgryk/no_audio_windows_10_upgrade/
  6. No Audio with Windows 10 Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio with Windows 10 Upgrade.: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now I have no Audio. I checked all the cables, hardware, and drivers. Everything is O.K. and was working with Windows 7. I even tried the troubleshooter on the Microsoft site. It only suggested what I had done already. Can...
  7. Bad Quality Audio since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Quality Audio since upgrading to Windows 10: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 on Monday and ever since the audio quality has become weak and quite metallic sounding, like an old radio. I've tried updating my drivers and troubleshooting for any audio problems, but it's saying my drivers are up to date and no...
  8. lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to W10

lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to W10: lost audio on HP DV6700 laptop since upgrading to Windows 10 have removed sound device from device manager and reinstalled, have replaced driver with previously saved W7 driver....still nothing, not even the windows system sounds, critical battery etc.... all seems eps...
  9. Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10

Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10: I get crackles and delays in audio (when watching videos online as well as in files offline). I have tried reinstalling drivers and disabling audio enhancements but that hasn't helped. I've tried a tool called LatencyMon and it points to the network drivers. One of the...
  10. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...