Windows 10: No audio on Edge

Discus and support No audio on Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When viewing a video on Edge,there is no sound.If the video is downloaded,then it plays normally.Cannot say when this occurred,because I only watch an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by joeandmarg0, Oct 17, 2016.

1. No audio on Edge

When viewing a video on Edge,there is no sound.If the video is downloaded,then it plays normally.Cannot say when this occurred,because I only watch an online video infrequently.Now that Flash Player is integrated with Edge,there does not appear to be any way of uninstall/reinstalling FlashPlayer.It is selected "on" in Advanced Settings.Does anyone have a fix for this?
    Thanks,
    Joe

:)

joeandmarg0, Oct 17, 2016
  2. ErwinHenstra, Oct 17, 2016
  3. MichelleF1, Oct 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

No audio on Edge

No audio on Edge [​IMG]

Hi, is the bottom option ticked?

dalchina, Oct 17, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    No audio on Edge [​IMG]

Hi, is the bottom option ticked?

Also check sound isn't disabled here:

No audio on Edge [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 17, 2016
  6. Thanks Dalchina.Everything operates normally,except on Edge.The box is checked and research gives the impression the problem is not uncommon.Vert frustrating.

joeandmarg0, Oct 17, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 17, 2016
  8. No audio on Edge

Thanks for your time again Dalchina.IE works fine and the enhancements were never applied.The problem was [note the past tense!] specific to Edge.
    I disabled Flash Player and restarted.No change.
    Re-enabled it,restarted,disabled it again and shutdown overnight
    Now works normally and I haven't the faintest idea why.

joeandmarg0, Oct 18, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Good news.. now who said computers behaved consistently?

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No audio on Edge

1. No audio on Edge - Similar Threads - audio Edge

2. Senso S250 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones have very bad audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Senso S250 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones have very bad audio: Hi, My Senso Bluetooth S250 wireless earbuds have given me very bad sound quality. I've done everything - factory reset, making my computer forget the wireless earbuds, charging my earbuds up fully, etc. Also, there appear to be two different things that I can connect to...
  3. Audio displays red "X" and error message "No Output Audio Device is installed"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio displays red "X" and error message "No Output Audio Device is installed": My computer suddenly stopped playing audio over the course of one night. I had not downloaded anything new, nor uninstalled anything. No changes had been made to my computer which would cause this. The audio icon in the bottom right corner displays a red circle with a white...
  4. How do I install a audio output driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I install a audio output driver: Houw do I install the audio output driver for my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-a-audio-output-driver/eefde989-9339-4605-9aac-e0115a82c57c
  5. Cannot stream video or audio content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot stream video or audio content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10.: I cannot stream any content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10. Any thoughts on what is wrong? I have other Win10 systems on my network that work fine, so I know that it is not a network issue, but something specific to this one system. Thanks for any help that can...
  6. Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10 SAC 1809 & audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10 SAC 1809 & audio playback: When I use Windows Media Player on Windows 10 SAC 1809 and am browsing the web using Internet Explorer or Edge certain sites (Facebook mainly, but there are others for a fact) degrade the audio experience massively - to the point that there is no point browsing the web using...
  7. Nasty popup with audio due to mis-type on address bar - window edge

in Browsers and Email
    Nasty popup with audio due to mis-type on address bar - window edge: Has anyone experienced a popup alerting to worm/virus that looks like a windows alert that is complete with audio and phone numbers? After ending task and re-launching EDGE the alert returns. Nasty! Performed a PDR and things cleared. 19765
  8. Is there an Audio Equalizer for Browsers Like Firefox and Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there an Audio Equalizer for Browsers Like Firefox and Edge?: Is there an audio equalizer that I can download for Win 10? My bluetooth headset sounds weird on Firefox and Edge when I listen to youtube and I want a way to tweak its sound. Let me know! 74610
  9. Bringing Web Audio to Microsoft Edge for interoperable gaming and...

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing Web Audio to Microsoft Edge for interoperable gaming and...: In March, we released initial preview support for Web Audio to Windows Insiders. Today, we are excited to share details of our Web Audio implementation in Microsoft Edge. Web Audio provides tight time synchronization not possible with HTML5 Audio Elements, and includes audio...
  10. Announcing Dolby Audio for high performance audio in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Dolby Audio for high performance audio in Microsoft Edge: Web browser media experiences have advanced significantly in recent years, from the first releases of HTML5 media, through the subsequent additions of Media Source Extensions for adaptive streaming and Encrypted Media Extensions for content protection. And formats have been...