Windows 10: No audio on external speakers after last update

Discus and support No audio on external speakers after last update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The system did an update on Sunday morning 07/02/03, since the update I have not been able to get the external speakers plugged into the line out to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BWalton, Jul 2, 2017.

1. BWalton Win User

No audio on external speakers after last update

The system did an update on Sunday morning 07/02/03, since the update I have not been able to get the external speakers plugged into the line out to work, the speakers in the laptop work fine but as soon as I plug in the external speakers.....silence They do show audio on the bar graphs just nothing coming from the speakers they worked fine before the update.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Bill.

:)

BWalton, Jul 2, 2017

2. Internal speaker on all times

My internal speaker came on after receiving a Trojan which was deleted. Manual says the internal speaker turns off when headphones or external speaker is plugged in. I have sound at both headphones and internal speaker. Also the external speaker jack
    has a buzz and no audio. At first Audio was extremely low for the external jack--Now just a buzz.

I want the internal speaker off and the headphone and speaker jack working. How do I do this???

DonaldEisenbarth, Jul 2, 2017
  3. I have been using windows 10 for a few years and now it is telling me that my audio devices are installed

I have been using windows 10 for a few years no problems. Now I have a problem with my external speakers. I have a red X on my audio and a message saying that no audio devices are installed. I just used the speakers last week and they worked. What happened?

DottieClark_431, Jul 2, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

"Refresh" the audio. Go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for your PC sound (e.g. Conexant, Realtek, etc) then LEFT click "uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will reinstall the sound. This fixes many problems and may take care of yours.

fireberd, Jul 2, 2017
  5. BWalton Win User
    I gave that a try it did not seem to help, there seems to be 2 groupings for audio 1 up near the top of the list :

No audio on external speakers after last update [​IMG]

and 1 down near the bottom

This is what it shows for audio

As I said the speakers work fine on the laptop just won't work on the line out to the external speakers

Thanks
    Bill

BWalton, Jul 2, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    Under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, the High Definition Audio Device is currently your PC sound device. However, that is only a Windows installed generic, basic function, audio driver but unfortunately HP only lists a Windows 7 driver. Also HP lists Conexant and IDT drivers suggesting different versions of the G6.

Uninstall the High Definition Audio, but NOT the drivers. Restart and see if that fixes it. What you have is probably the best you can do under the limited HP drivers. The Win7 driver is not compatible, even if installed in a compatibility mode.

fireberd, Jul 2, 2017
  7. BWalton Win User
    Thanks, I tried that with no luck

It seems nuts to me that they would do something in this update that would stop it working, it worked fine before the July 02/2017 update.

It seems to be leaving me 3 options:

- Roll it back, although I thought I read someplace you can't roll this update back
    - Re install win 10 with a version I have before the update
    - Re install Win 7 and to heck with Win 10

Or just suck it up and deal with it until the new MSI Trident 3 Arctic's become available again in Canada, I plan to update when their available again.....Sometime this month I Hope.

All the Best
    Bill

BWalton, Jul 3, 2017
  8. No audio on external speakers after last update

You can get an external USB sound card too to fix the issue, but try using an older version of your sound card (can find the exact driver based on the Hardware ID)

theveterans, Jul 3, 2017
  9. BWalton Win User
    will look into the usb sound card, I can't do anything with the computers its a laptop

Thanks
    Bill

I

BWalton, Jul 3, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    1) Open the HP web site for software and drivers: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

2) type: fun + esc (simultaneously) (many HP models this will open HP system information)
    3) enter your serial number, choose windows 10 operating system
    4) locate the IDT high definition CODEC and reinstall
    5) reboot
    6) check performance

If the above does not fix the problem proceed to the next set of steps:

Type:
    1) win + r (simultaneously)
    2) services.msc
    3) click OK

Scroll to each:
    1) plug and play
    2) windows audio
    3) windows audio endpoint builder

Under status what do you see for each of the above?
    Under startup type what do you see for each of the above?

Right click on any of the above to make sure they display for startup type: automatic
    Right click on any of the above to make sure they display for status: running
    If you change any of the above reboot and check performance.

If the above does not fix the problem proceed to the next set of steps:

1) In the left lower corner search type: control and open the control panel
    2) view by large and small icons
    3) click troubleshooting
    4) in the left pane click view all
    5) scroll to playing audio and click to open
    6) click on advanced and make sure apply repairs automatically is checked
    7) It may display the option to check the speakers IDT High definition CODEC
    8) click next, if open enhancements is available click to open
    9) click the advanced tab
    10) test the sound
    11) click restore defaults then ok
    12) on the troubleshooter click test sounds
    13) complete the playing audio troubleshooter
    14) if the sound is good proceed
    15) if the sound is bad then reinstall the current driver
    16) click on view detailed information

If anything was fixed or not fixed use the Microsoft imaging tool and post into the thread.

If the above does not fix the problem proceed to the next set of steps

1) open device manager
    2) expand sound video and game controllers
    3) right click on each sound device that is displayed an click uninstall
    4) click ok to confirm device uninstallation
    5) on the device manager menu bar click on action and scan for hardware changes

check performance

If the above does not fix the problem proceed to the next set of steps

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

2) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

3) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)
    check performance

Please report the results of each of the above steps into the thread.

zbook, Jul 3, 2017
  11. BWalton Win User
    I tried a few options and nothing seemed to work so I went at it from a different angle........

After throwing my hands in the air and cursing a few times,

I disconnected the monitor & external speakers I was using and switched to a flat panel TV with hdmi so I get the sound through the hdmi to the tv.

It will work for now.

Thanks to all that replied

All the best
    Bill

BWalton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No audio on external speakers after last update - Similar Threads - audio external speakers

2. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  3. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  4. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  5. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. no audio to external speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no audio to external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-to-external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8
  7. Audio problem after last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio problem after last update.: My speakers doesn''t work. The sound comming only from the bass speaker. Sound is muffled. anyone has the problems? submitted by /u/Reisven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl9d6j/audio_problem_after_last_update/
  8. No audio after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio after last update: So 2 days ago i updated my Windows to the latest version and with the update the sound just went missing. I know for a fact that my headphones aren't a problem because they work just fine on my phone, i also connected my PC to my TV to see if it was a problem with windows...
  9. After the last Windows update, Line In cannot be heard on external speakers

After the last Windows update, Line In cannot be heard on external speakers: After the last Windows update, Line In stopped being heard on external speakers. In the Line In device properties events it shows "Device migrated" at the time I installed the last Windows update, along with "Device configured (audioendpoint.inf)", and "Device started". In...
  10. Audio/Sound after the last update

Audio/Sound after the last update: After the last update of the operating system others can not listen to me. I've tried seveeral different possibility with no success. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audiosound-after-the-last-update/fdb9b237-77e0-4a80-9436-c3d6fb15ed39