Windows 10: No audio on laptop after April update

Discus and support No audio on laptop after April update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop updated overnight Windows doesn't detect any audio device since. Internal speakers or plugged in headphones don't work, instead showing a "no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andrzej_332, Aug 22, 2018.

1. No audio on laptop after April update

My laptop updated overnight Windows doesn't detect any audio device since. Internal speakers or plugged in headphones don't work, instead showing a "no speakers or headphones connected" bubble. I used Windows HD audio drivers on previous builds, and they worked just fine. Now they stopped working, and I can't install Realtek drivers, getting a "this operation requires an interactive window station" when trying to install via device manager, and 0x000005b3 when trying realtek setup file.
    Things I've tried:
    -verifying driver integrity with sfc /scannow
    -deleting windows hd audio driver and installing realtek
    -same but in safe mode
    -taking ownership of Windows\system32\drivers and \DriverStore folders

Note, this laptop came shipped with Realtek drivers, but I've performed a clean install of win10 and they /shouldn't/ be here.
    Model: Samsung NP550P5C
    Build: 17134

:)

andrzej_332, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 22, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 22, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

No audio on laptop after April update

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

No audio on laptop after April update fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

No audio on laptop after April update scu-png.png

newtekie1, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

No audio on laptop after April update

1. No audio on laptop after April update - Similar Threads - audio laptop April

2. no output audio laptop after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no output audio laptop after last update: no output audio on laptop after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-audio-laptop-after-last-update/daa1ce10-3eb1-4e53-9297-e5b99b51c3f4
  3. no output audio laptop after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no output audio laptop after last update: no output audio on laptop after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-audio-laptop-after-last-update/daa1ce10-3eb1-4e53-9297-e5b99b51c3f4
  4. no output audio laptop after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No audio on laptop after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio on laptop after update: Last week I installed updates which included Intel and HP driver updates, which I assume are the problematic ones. Afterwards there were no audio drivers detected - the message was "no audio output device installed" - but this was remedied by doing a system restore....
  6. No audio on laptop after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio on laptop after update: Last week I installed updates which included Intel and HP driver updates, which I assume are the problematic ones. Afterwards there were no audio drivers detected - the message was "no audio output device installed" - but this was remedied by doing a system restore....
  7. No audio on laptop after update

8. Loss of Audio after update April 5, 2020

Loss of Audio after update April 5, 2020: After the latest update installed, my computer lost the audio from the motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. It uses Realtek and Nahimic drivers. I unistalled the drivers and reinsyalled the latest drivers, all to no avail. No sound. Windows keep sayin there are no...
  9. Locked out after the April update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out after the April update: I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission. I want Control Back In My possession I have an HP Envy Touch smart Sleek book. all biometrics are gone this computer has been...
  10. Black screen after April Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after April Update: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor, I have updated the drivers, a Toshiba HDD, and Windows Update Assistant says my laptop is compatible with the update. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds...