Windows 10: No Audio Output Device is installed. No Realtek Device in DevManager

Discus and support No Audio Output Device is installed. No Realtek Device in DevManager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have my ASUS X555LD for almost a year now, so as far as date is concerned my laptop shouldn't be too old to suffer such illness. So it came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SkyFire, Sep 11, 2015.

1. SkyFire Win User

No Audio Output Device is installed. No Realtek Device in DevManager

i have my ASUS X555LD for almost a year now, so as far as date is concerned my laptop shouldn't be too old to suffer such illness. So it came with Win8.1 x64 of course and just recently, as soon as Windows 10 was released, i upgraded quickly.

but right after i upgraded to Windows 10, my laptop became ill and had this errors:

1. i got BSoD Most of the Time, one would say CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. there are times my laptop would freeze in the BSoD, not even the 0% would move to 100%. so i had no other choice but to force shutdown it, and sometimes after turning my laptop on again i end up at my BIOS with no HDD nor BOOT ENTRY listed. as i experimented, i had to press slightly hard on the right side of my Laptop where my HDD is Located just for my Laptop to re-read my HDD once again, as soon as i got back to Windows 10, i ran an HDD Check and nothing was wrong, no bad sectors or anything. this is confusing me as to how it is happening. so i somehow got used to BSoD since my Laptop frequently experience it. sometimes just a simple movement that would shake my laptop would turn into BSoD again, i suspect something like my HDD or loose or the likes. i dont really know.

2. after the BSoD Case, a week or three i guess. i started to loose Audio Ability. it was just this morning, the Volume Icon has a "RED X" on its icon and states "No Audio Output Device is installed.". and after checking my Device Manager, to my surprise the Built-in Audio Device (Realtek) is not there. i don't know how or why it happened but i can't get it back.

i hope anyone here can help me, even checking the sound tab on the control panel doesn't bring out Audio Devices.

i was wondering if ASUS or the PC Store where i bought my Laptop would fix it for me as per warranty is involved ?. thanks

:)

SkyFire, Sep 11, 2015
  2. Jason7G Win User

No audio, 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed', have already updated BIOS and chipset and drivers, Windows 10

I am having this VERY same issue and have exhausted the VERY same measures as you did. I would love to hear a resolution but I don't guess there will be one given.

Jason7G, Sep 11, 2015
  3. geoff_903 Win User
    No audio, 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed', have already updated BIOS and chipset and drivers, Windows 10

Please, any more suggestions? I'm thinking that there is a way to fix this.

And when I updated the driver for 'High Definition Audio Codecs', Device Manager switched it to 'Realtek High Definition Audio', even though that was already listed under 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers' (so now 'Realtek High Definition Audio' is listed
    twice under r 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers'.

Device Manager also allowed me to install 'Intel WiDi Audio Device', but it still makes no sound at all.

And under 'System Devices', my computer tells me that the driver for 'High Definition Audio Controller' is up to date, but it still has a yellow bang mark next to it (nothing I do seems to ever change that - any suggestsions?)

geoff_903, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

I would certainly physically check the hard drive connections. This problem will continue to aggravate over time. You might have accidentally disabled Audio in the bios. Make sure it is enabled in the bios.

Snakeyes, Sep 11, 2015
  5. SkyFire Win User
    yeah about that problem with the HDD, the only thing i can do for now is that i press this right side of my Laptop where the HDD is Located.

No Audio Output Device is installed. No Realtek Device in DevManager [​IMG]

also about the Audio Problem. i don't think its something that i accidentally disabled in the BIOS. i am Dual Booted with Ubuntu Linux on the other side of my HDD and the audio also seems not to work there.

well, i tried to open the Laptop even though im not well educated with hardware thinggy. right after i tried to move the HDD from its secure location (like tapping it or so) i encountered the BSoD. then after i turned the Laptop off (via Forced Shutdown of course) then tried to press the ribbon labeled I/O (the ribbon has two sides, one is HDD and the other is IO). after pressing it hard the HDD was read by my laptop once again. but the problem still persists.

for some reason that i don't know, the Audio seemed to work once again after my crazy doings inside my laptop's body. i don't know how i made it work again. i recall as i move the speaker plug inside the first time (i unplugged this tiny port and re inserted it) it didnt work. now after i surrendered doing such things to avoid further errors, closed the laptop's body and booted the laptop. the audio is back.

'tis a mysterious thing happening here. and i'm just totally afraid that my laptop might go down in few more weeks.

SkyFire, Sep 11, 2015
  6. SkyFire Win User
    update: i noticed when i move my LCD Screen like move it up or down the Audio starts to be gone. the same thing happens when i place my palm on the left and right side of my touchpad, the same image as the one i uploaded earlier. when i revert to the original position of my Laptop's screen or raise my palm, the audio is back. also, pressing the part where the speaker grills are located makes the sound go back but eventually after lifting my fingers, the audio is gone again.

for christ's sake.

SkyFire, Sep 11, 2015
  7. Snakeyes Win User
    I'm willing to bet you have a loose connection in one of your internal cables that makes contact intermittently when you flex bend push etc. If you're not comfortable in doing it yourself take it in to a reliable local shop and have them check out the connections and cables.

Snakeyes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Audio Output Device is installed. No Realtek Device in DevManager - Similar Threads - Audio Output Device

2. No audio output device install and blue screen causing by Realtek audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device install and blue screen causing by Realtek audio: After Window 10 pro update into 22HZ my tuf gaming laptop it became no audio device output install in device manager even i try all method with software fix and lastly it still cannot load my audio or speaker back . i try to install realtek audio from manufacture from last...
  3. No audio output device is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device is installed: Hi,Laptop: Medion P6645 / Windows 10I turned my laptop on this morning and there is a red cross next to my speaker icon.It says speaker setup unknown and in output and input devices there are no options to select.In device manager sound is hidden, unhiding it I then...
  4. No Audio Output Devices in installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Output Devices in installed: I know this has been widely discussed and Carlo TJ Independent Advisor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/29478bd8-e990-4de7-b01b-862427c4f74b , Replied on July 1, 2021 on No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The problem is the...
  5. No Audio Output Device is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output Device is installed: Been having this problem for about a week now, Have tried pretty much everything from doing stuff in device manager to system recovery. Nothing works and I can't do a windows reset cause others use the computer, Windows 10 version 2004...
  6. No Audio Output Device is Installed

No Audio Output Device is Installed: So, I know that this is really late, but didn't install the latest update until yesterday just because I was too lazy to deal with it. My problem is pretty much the same as everyone else; my audio just doesn't work and when I hover my cursor over the speaker icon in the...
  7. No audio Output device is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio Output device is installed: One day i logged on to my pc and i realize that my audio wasn't working. Every time i clicked on it will always pop up to trouble shoot it. It wont allow to adjust the sound so i cant hear anything out of my headset. Can someone please help...
  8. No audio output device is installed

No audio output device is installed: I bought a new headset, plugged it in, sound works great. Of course, when ever i'm using a computer something has to fail. And this something was the microphone. Microphone works fine on other devices. It appeared that the mic was not plugged in(yes, I did plug it in). After...
  9. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi, Yesterday my sound was working fine, I walked away from my notebook for 15 minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it. The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed'. In Device Manager the error message for...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi. Long time ago, I play with upgrading HDD to SSD, GRUB and some other stuff and I failed and messed my computer up. Now my desktop is still using HDD and does not produce any sound. I tried to fix this problem by Googling "No Audio output device is installed" but I...