Windows 10: No Audio output with external USB Audio Mixer

Discus and support No Audio output with external USB Audio Mixer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm dealing with a "no audio" issue with my Presonus StudioLive AR16 USB.This issue started happening after I installed the latest creator's update for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crichmon, Oct 27, 2017.

1. crichmon Win User

No Audio output with external USB Audio Mixer

I'm dealing with a "no audio" issue with my Presonus StudioLive AR16 USB.This issue started happening after I installed the latest creator's update for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.I've researched the issue and tried several things; so far, no luck.First off, playback devices and recording devices in the speaker tray icon show options for my usb mixer.Secondly, when I stop and start the "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder", there is sound through my mixer. But only for like five minutes.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Presonus drivers.
    I've even tried switching USB ports that my mixer is plugged into. My mixer is currently plugged into a USB 3.0 port.This situation is really frustrating since I work with audio and music on a regular basis.Any ideas?thanks,Chris=====rig setup:custom built desktop pcASUS Crosshair V Formula-ZAMD FX-835032GB of dual-channel DDR3 SDRAMWindows 10 Pro 64-bit (latest version)Presonus StudioLive AR16 USB

:)

crichmon, Oct 27, 2017
  2. John Vil Win User

No Audio with External USB Audio Mixer after installing the most recent Creator's Update for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi,

One possible reason why this is happening with your audio mixer is because of compatibility issues. Since you have already tried reinstalling the drivers for your device, we would recommend that you get in touch with your device manufacturer's support site.
    Kindly provide them with the current version/build of your Windows 10 to get the latest and compatible driver. To check the version/build, type
    winver on Cortana's search field and press
    Enter

Thank you.

John Vil, Oct 27, 2017
  3. No Audio with External USB Audio Mixer after installing the most recent Creator's Update for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm dealing with a "no audio" issue with my Presonus StudioLive AR16 USB.

This issue started happening after I installed the latest creator's update for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I've researched the issue and tried several things; so far, no luck.

First off, playback devices and recording devices in the speaker tray icon show options for my usb mixer.

Secondly, when I stop and start the "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder", there is sound through my mixer. But only for like five minutes.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Presonus drivers.

And I've tried the audio troubleshooter.

I've even tried switching USB ports that my mixer is plugged into. My mixer is currently plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

This situation is really frustrating since I work with audio and music on a regular basis.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Chris

=====

rig setup:

custom built desktop pc

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

AMD FX-8350

32GB of dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (latest version)

Presonus StudioLive AR16 USB

fractalbase23, Oct 27, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

I have a recording studio (Sonar/MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid).
    Are there any errors showing up in the Device Manager for this device?
    In the sound panel/recording, is the Presonus listed and the default recording device?
    In the sound panel/Playback is the Presonus set as the default audio playback device?

I haven't seen any issues that would relate to this on the recording forums that I visit.

fireberd, Oct 27, 2017
Thema:

1. No Audio output with external USB Audio Mixer - Similar Threads - Audio output external

2. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  3. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  4. Audio Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Mixer: My audio mixer keeps changing when i go to google it goes to 100 when im in my game its at 50 it just destroys my ears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-mixer/db761540-ba4e-4e7c-9116-69d165055ab2
  5. Audio Mixer

Audio Mixer: My audio mixer keeps changing when i go to google it goes to 100 when im in my game its at 50 it just destroys my ears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-mixer/db761540-ba4e-4e7c-9116-69d165055ab2
  6. Behringer USB Mixer with USB Audio Codec crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Behringer USB Mixer with USB Audio Codec crashing: The exact same problem i am experiencing is described in another question already. But the link to the solution is not working anymore.I have the "Behringer Xenyx q1202 USB" as my microphone input device. At random points the Audioinput crashes. Workaround:Current solution is...
  7. Behringer USB Mixer with USB Audio Codec crashing

Behringer USB Mixer with USB Audio Codec crashing: The exact same problem i am experiencing is described in another question already. But the link to the solution is not working anymore.I have the "Behringer Xenyx q1202 USB" as my microphone input device. At random points the Audioinput crashes. Workaround:Current solution is...
  8. USB Audio 2.0 Mixer Unit control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Audio 2.0 Mixer Unit control: Hi,I am developing a USB audio 2.0 UAC2 device.This device has a USB mixer unit as defined by the usb audio 2.0 standard and I was wondering how I can control/set it with the default usbaudio2.sys driver?According to the official...
  9. audio mixers...

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio mixers...: I am getting an audio mixer that is linking to all my applications when I open a game. I have no idea what I pushed for it to pop up and I cannot exit or move it. I need to know what I can do to figure out where it is coming from to make it not pop up anymore....
  10. USB audio output to external DAC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB audio output to external DAC: Hi There, My USB audio driver is constantly dropping. I tried 100 different approach, nothing worked. Please help. Of course Intel NUC is connected to my Sony TV using HDMI and I wish to output audio via USB to my external DAC. Intel NUC8i5 all hardware driver updated...