Windows 10: No audio over RDP, even with local resources set

Discus and support No audio over RDP, even with local resources set in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I've upgrade 3 of my 4 W7 ultimate dekstops to W10 Pro, and so far 2 of my 6 laptops. For the most part I'm quite happy, but I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by afzal, Sep 4, 2015.

1. afzal Win User

No audio over RDP, even with local resources set

Hi everyone.

I've upgrade 3 of my 4 W7 ultimate dekstops to W10 Pro, and so far 2 of my 6 laptops.

For the most part I'm quite happy, but I have a particular problem with RDP to one of the machines. Although in local resources I've selected local audio, when I connect I have no audio. Playback devices tells me there are no audio devices installed.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Any guesses as to the cause and how to solve?

:)

afzal, Sep 4, 2015
  2. ilivius Win User

Microphone over RDP in Windows 10 Pro 32 bit

Hi,

I need to hear the microphone connected to the 3.5 mm jack of a remote computer over Remote Desktop Connection (RDP). The remote computer (where the microphone is) is a Windows 10 Pro 32 bit laptop. If present near the remote computer, the sound of that
    microphone can be heard on its speakers. I need to hear it however on my local laptop, a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. During the RDP session I did set up the Local Resources / Remote Audio to "Play on this computer" and/or "Record from this computer". However, no
    audio is received and no new recording microphone appears in the local computer. In order to solve this issue I also enabled in Group Policy both "Allow audio recording redirection" and "Allow audio and video playback redirection", as explained at

Configure Audio Recording Redirection on an RD Session Host Server

However, the microphone redirection over RDP is still unsuccessful! Is there any limitation for such feature in Windows 10 Pro 32 bit? Do you have any advise that might help out, please?

Thank you so much,

Liviu

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

ilivius, Sep 4, 2015
  3. ilivius Win User
    Microphone over RDP in Windows 10 Pro 32 bit

BTW, other audio, like music played on the remote computer, is well transferred to my local laptop over RDP. Only the microphone redirection doesn't work!

ilivius, Sep 4, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Everyone is using Teamviewer now days. Rarely is anyone using RDP for connecting to other machines. Usually if something like audio is suppressed. It is done because of not enough resources available between the two machines.

bro67, Sep 5, 2015
  5. afzal Win User
    Well, last time I checked I wasn't able to login to a machine with teamviewer while someone is logged in and working at the console. Is that possible now?

Not sure what resources could be low. Both machines are i7 with between 8 and 16GB of ram, with the OSes on SSDs and data on raid arrarys.

afzal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No audio over RDP, even with local resources set - Similar Threads - audio RDP local

2. Windows 11 + Teams Meeting + RDP = Local Taskbar popping up over RDP session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 + Teams Meeting + RDP = Local Taskbar popping up over RDP session: If I start a Teams meeting on my local desktop, then RDP to another desktop/server the local taskbar keeps popping up. Not all terminal servers pass through sound so we have a couple clients this is affecting. They use their local machines to use Teams then RDP into the...
  3. Windows 11 + Teams Meeting + RDP = Local Taskbar popping up over RDP session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 + Teams Meeting + RDP = Local Taskbar popping up over RDP session: If I start a Teams meeting on my local desktop, then RDP to another desktop/server the local taskbar keeps popping up. Not all terminal servers pass through sound so we have a couple clients this is affecting. They use their local machines to use Teams then RDP into the...
  4. Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection: My client has a Windows 2011 Small Business Server using Active Directory. Due to COVID-19, they have enacted work from home measures. One of their employees is using RDP to connect to their office computer remotely. Their local computer is Windows 10 and their remote...
  5. RDP Over Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Over Internet: I saw someone here ask about RDP over the internet and they decided to go with TeamViewer because port-forwarding for RDP is extremely insecure. I want to use Microsoft RDP so I should probably set up a VPN but I'm not sure how I can do that without any external hardware (for...
  6. RDP over internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP over internet: Is there any safe way to do that? Maybe set up a VPN server first? or restrict access to only specified workstations? If yes, is there any good ressources on how to do that? submitted by /u/Skodd [link] [comments]...
  7. Static Audio over RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Static Audio over RDP: Static audio over RDP is happening to me client-side on my Windows 10 Home x64 1909 computer. No pressure here, because the best minds haven't been able to sort it out yet. I am long-winded, so I want to mention upfront that the problem is with microphone only - I can hear...
  8. windows rdp local resource redirection prevent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows rdp local resource redirection prevent: For the security reason, i want to prevent local resource redirection in windows rdp connection. Not in servers configuration, do using network layer for example firewall block it. ***The post was written in English by the original poster therefore it will be directed...
  9. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources: I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I cannot locate the Remote Desktop Connections dialogue box that would allow me to specify which Local Resources I want to...
  10. Audio is not working in RDP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is not working in RDP: Hello, I upgraded last night from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. I am connecting from work with RDP to my home PC. RDP is Working, but there is no Audio. This is an existing connection that worked yesterday when both PC had Windows 7 on them. I have checked group policy...