Windows 10: No Audio Post Win/10 Upgrade from 8.1

Discus and support No Audio Post Win/10 Upgrade from 8.1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all. After I updated to Windows 10, I noticed I had no audio in anything. With/without headphones, there was nothing. I had no Audio Output... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gorbian, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Gorbian Win User

No Audio Post Win/10 Upgrade from 8.1

Hello all. After I updated to Windows 10, I noticed I had no audio in anything. With/without headphones, there was nothing. I had no Audio Output devices anymore. I tried restarting the computer, the two windows audio things whose names escape me (Windows Audio and Windows Audio something), I tried reinstalling my audio drivers, only to notice that the dxdiag audio section was blank. Anyone know how to fix this? I've been trying all day to figure this out, but nothing. I'd really like to keep Win10, but I can't if I can't fix this issue. Thanks!

PC Specs:
    HP ENVY m6-1125dx Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

:)

Gorbian, Aug 7, 2015
  2. morrell57 Win User

It says no NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED after installing windows 10

I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1. After the upgrade there was a red X on my audio icon and a message that stated: "NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED"

morrell57, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows10 Audio issue (No enhance full sound

I upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and the audio sound has lost the sound fullness (base) through laptop or laptop speaker connection. Anyone have the same problem? Anyone have a solution? Is there an update? Does does Realtek have Win 10 update? Does Win
    have update for the audio drive ?

DavidYusuf, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Dch48 Win User

Go into Device manager and uninstall the sound card and tell Windows to also delete the driver software. Then reboot and Windows will reinstall the sound. It should work after that.

Dch48, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Gorbian Win User
    Hi, thanks for the help. I followed your steps and now its telling me that my laptop doesn't have any speakers or headphones plugged in. It's giving me an option for an HDMI cable though, so at least there's now something in the playback section.

Gorbian, Aug 8, 2015
  6. try this
    just tried the idea of setting frequency to 16bit 9600 but I received no sound output error box....then went to enhancements settings where it has bass etc etc settings, was disabled so enabled it without choosing any option..then went back to frequency and changed it to default, which is 24 bit 19200....then was told not supported by this device but then miraculously it worked....now have all sound restored windows music everything...not sure if still have windows 7 driver...it is MS 2008... really scared to update the driver as it is all now working....not sure how I fixed it though, was it one particular action ? or a combination...? maybe it might help

reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Dch48 Win User
    Okay so it's now using the sound capabilities of the graphics card. Now get the latest driver for your regular sound card, install that and see what happens.

Dch48, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Gorbian Win User

I tried looking for drivers, but the only ones I could find were for my graphics. Since I'm running Integrated Graphics, I figured they'd work. Nope, still nothing.

Gorbian, Aug 8, 2015
  9. is your sound card showing in device manager ? does it have a yellow exclamation mark ?
    assuming it's showing have you tried updating the driver from within device manager ?

10. Gorbian Win User
    It DID have a yellow exclamation mark, but not anymore. I reinstalled it. Still no sound.

Gorbian, Aug 8, 2015
  11. reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Gorbian Win User
    To be honest, I don't know how to change the frequency of the sound drivers.

Gorbian, Aug 8, 2015
  13. No Audio Post Win/10 Upgrade from 8.1

I think you right click on the device in device manager and chose properties.....on iPad at moment, will look later if you can't find it...then look for settings should find it easily, might be in advanced.....worked for me.....

14. don't really know why I am still up,at 4am...going sleep now....

15. Gorbian Win User
    Thanks for the help man. I wasn't able to find anything related to "Settings" though. I'll look again later when I'm less frustrated with Windows10.

Gorbian, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. No Audio Post Win/10 Upgrade from 8.1 - Similar Threads - Audio Post Upgrade

2. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  5. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  6. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10: I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade still free? submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments]...
  7. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from win 8 Stuck

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade from win 8 Stuck: You won't find this laptop in either of my specs and falls in the "sure I'll take a look at it" family category. My Nephew's Gateway NE56R48u was being upgraded to 10 when the upgrade hung in one of those moments that the machine needed to restart itself. The screen stayed...
  9. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418