Windows 10: No audio when using Windows Media Player or Youtube

Discus and support No audio when using Windows Media Player or Youtube in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 (Build 9926), all audio seemed to be working perfectly. I was listening to music thru windows media player and watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LarryA, Mar 7, 2015.

1. LarryA Win User

No audio when using Windows Media Player or Youtube

After installing Windows 10 (Build 9926), all audio seemed to be working perfectly. I was listening to music thru windows media player and watching videos on youtube. After the latest driver update from NVidia (GT 630), I no longer have any audio while using media player or youtube. I still can hear all of the windows sounds when I test the speakers. I am using the DVI connection for video and the 3.5mm plug for my speakers. If I utilize the hdmi connection with my TV, the audio works thru my TV speakers perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

LarryA, Mar 7, 2015

2. No audio after windows 10 update

after the Nov 2017 window 10 update, my PC had no audio on youtube, media player, VLC player, etc...

However, I could hear my mic.

I did the same thing and the audio works for awhile . The audio got corrupted again when I turned my PC on the next day.

Zzz_HappyMan_zzZ, Mar 7, 2015
  3. Win10 doesn't support video's

''Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.''

The video's played in Win7 Home Professional.

The audio on YouTube is ok, but the video screen is blank. I'm thinking that Win10 Media Player isn't fixed.

mstanley4408, Mar 7, 2015
  4. LarryA Win User

LarryA, Mar 8, 2015
Thema:

1. No audio when using Windows Media Player or Youtube - Similar Threads - audio using Media

2. unable to use window media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use window media player: unable to use window media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-window-media-player/b80b0aef-49c1-4411-bf67-baf905763bbc
  3. unable to use window media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to use window media player: unable to use window media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-window-media-player/b80b0aef-49c1-4411-bf67-baf905763bbc
  4. Burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player: I was able to restore my Windows Media Player. Now I want to copy the audio file for a book I bought my 4 year old nephew for Christmas.He has a bad habit ok breaking them.Do I ?1. Create a playlist, or title?2. After creating a Playlist do I Play the recording from the...
  5. Burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player

Burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player: I was able to restore my Windows Media Player. Now I want to copy the audio file for a book I bought my 4 year old nephew for Christmas.He has a bad habit ok breaking them.Do I ?1. Create a playlist, or title?2. After creating a Playlist do I Play the recording from the...
  6. Burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. windows Media Player Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows Media Player Audio: lets say im listening to music at volume 5.....will be fine until it jumps down to volume 2 and then back to 5 and then back to 2 etc. etc. etc.....very annoying....dont know how to fix this????...
  8. Getting a black screen on videos YouTube, Media Player but can still hear the audio.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a black screen on videos YouTube, Media Player but can still hear the audio.: Hi. I'm just hoping I could get a solution on how to get back the video. For some reason, it has a black screen from the start of the video all the way into the end. Any help is appreciated. I can give more details if needed. Thanks....
  9. using VLC Media Player

using VLC Media Player: I had an old laptop with an upgrade to Windows 10 installed, had VLC Media Player installed, worked fine, have updated laptop, came with Windows 10, have downloaded VLC Media Player and when I try to play video, the screen turns green, plays audio but no video, just won't...
  10. Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING!

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING!: Hey guys, I suddenly find myself having the most bizarre issue I've ever had, and I think it started right after I had a serious crash using the VLC Media Player, which I then uninstalled. I can't be sure that it is related to this though but whats happening is that I can't...