Windows 10: no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center

Discus and support no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So My computer is basically behaving as if quiet hours mode is activated, but quiet hours are NOT activated. For example, if I get an email or plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rollercoaster25, Jul 30, 2015.

1. no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center

So My computer is basically behaving as if quiet hours mode is activated, but quiet hours are NOT activated.
    For example, if I get an email or plug in a new device, the only thing that happens is the icon for action center goes from clear to white.

This is only happening on my main user account, it is not happening on my admin account. I suspect that if I made a new account, the problem would not be present there either.

So because this problem only exists in one user account and not the other, it must be some system setting that was flipped for one account and not the other. But I have searched high and low for any notification settings and they all seem correct.

I have heard from a few reviews of mail notifications not working but I have not seen anyone else complaining of zero notifications.

:)

rollercoaster25, Jul 30, 2015

2. No sound or banner appear on the screen when a notification arrives , but they do appear in the action center.

as I said in the title. no sound and banner appear on the screen when a notification arrives. but they appear in the action center. is there something in the settings that I have to turn on?

EzzedineOzone, Jul 30, 2015
  3. No sound or banner appear on the screen when a notification arrives , but they do appear in the action center.

as I said in the title. no sound and banner appear on the screen when a notification arrives. but they appear in the action center. is there something in the settings that I have to turn on?

EzzedineOzone, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center

Hello rollercoaster, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You might double check using the tutorial below to see if it may be able to help for making sure that app notifications and banners is turned on for each app. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  5. ok I changed the settings inside the mail app and now those seem to be working, still not working for inserting media but that is something that happens to me less often, so this is like 90% solved right now.

rollercoaster25, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center

1. no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center - Similar Threads - banner sound notifications

2. Can't change action center notification sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change action center notification sound...: When i set it to custom it's the same notification sound but when pressing test it works, any help? submitted by /u/Lucar69gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlqerx/cant_change_action_center_notification_sound/
  3. Notifications and Action Center not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  4. Notification in Action Center by PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification in Action Center by PowerShell: Hi! I found on the web script to notify any action in PowerShell. I'm not PowerShell friendly, still using command line. I need to customize script to remove notify icon in taskbar. I tried to change few values, but never successfully. Can anybody help me with removing...
  5. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  6. Action Center and notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  7. No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon.: Hello, Previously, whenever I got a notification, a banner would show, a sound would play and a (1) would appear on the Action Centre icon. Then, I accidentally right-clicked the Action Centre icon and clicked on "Don't show number of new notifications". After clicking...
  8. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  9. Edge download notifications now appear in the Action Center

in Windows 10 News
    Edge download notifications now appear in the Action Center: For example, earlier today, we learned that this particular build sees Cortana interacting with other devices when a call, text, or app notification is missed or a device’s battery is getting low. Another neat feature is the ability to see Microsoft Edge browser download...
  10. Edge download notifications now appear in the Action Center

in Windows 10 News
    Edge download notifications now appear in the Action Center: Edge download notifications now appear in the Action Center in latest Windows 10 Redstone build [img] Earlier today, Microsoft released a new Windows 10 Redstone build to eager participants of the Windows Insider Program. Build 14295 offers several bug fixes over...