Windows 10: No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen

Discus and support No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One of the members at our senior center has a computer that boots up only with a black screen and there aren't any beeps at all: LED lights are on. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MeAndMyComputer, Jul 16, 2018.

1. No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen

One of the members at our senior center has a computer that boots up only with a black screen and there aren't any beeps at all: LED lights are on. The owner has a system repair disc and noise can be heard from it spinning but the screen stays black. I recommended to the owner to change the CMOS battery but he won't do it because he measured the voltage and it passed. So I recommended he bring the computer to a computer repair shop, he hasn't done it yet but that's his decision.

But out of my own curiosity shouldn't there be some beeps when a computer starts up with a problem, in this case the black screen?

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Jul 16, 2018

2. Computer beeping

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and now I find that after sitting for a while, my computer seems to lock up - the screen is black and will not come on, and the computer itself is beeping... Any suggestions as to what may be causing this????

hjleininger, Jul 16, 2018
  3. choppah4 Win User
    No Beeps, Black Screen following failed Graphics Card Install

System:
    Intel E8600
    2x2gb Corsair 1333
    Xonar D2 audio card
    [1st video] Asus 4870 pci-e
    [2nd video] Sapphire 7000 pci

After flashing my 4870 (the only card installed at first) with the wrong bios, I was unable to get the computer to boot up. Although the lights on the MB turned on and the CPU fan spun, I was not able to get the computer to show anything other than a black screen.

To flash the graphics card back to its original BIOS, I installed a second graphics card in the first pci slot (and removed the 4870 so that I could configure the bios correctly). The computer booted and loaded the express gate screen. I ignored a warning that suggested Express Gate was not installed fully (an issue that I had not encountered before) and loaded up Windows (XP pro). The OS loaded, started to install the new set of graphics drivers and then the screen went black again.

Since this point, the motherboard lights are still green, but I hear no beeps (although I had disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS previously) and I the screen is black. I’ve tried a number of times to reset the cmos (removed battery, changed jumper positions, started with only one stick fo the RAM), but to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions for approaches to try and get the item jumpstarted?

choppah4, Jul 16, 2018
  4. No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen

Black screen &a beeping noice.

Hello,

Apologies for the late reply. If the Computer is beeping with a black screen then it indicates an issue with the hardware. Please refer to the Computer manual to know what the corresponding beeps mean. You may also get in touch with the manufacturer regarding
    the same.

Hope this information helps. Get back for further help.

Sharath Srinivasa, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen

1. No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen - Similar Threads - beeps starting computer

2. computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.: computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano. Sound is from CPU. It cause problem when no other hardware connected like monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. It is not even connected to network lan cable. I took it to hardware store. They did some cleaning and it...
  3. computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.: computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano. Sound is from CPU. It cause problem when no other hardware connected like monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. It is not even connected to network lan cable. I took it to hardware store. They did some cleaning and it...
  4. Black screen or Mouse becomes laggy and beeping when moved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen or Mouse becomes laggy and beeping when moved: I just bought this laptop last September 30 2020 After some time using it there comes a time where in just plain black screen background music stops but the backlit keyboard is still on. There also came a time where in laptop screen freeze and I can't use keyboard but I can...
  5. black screen and beeping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    black screen and beeping: I see a black screen and when I click my mouse it beeps. Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-and-beeping/2003b371-ce4f-4400-9a72-fe4e4291dd66
  6. computer screen is black when i start it up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    computer screen is black when i start it up: every time i boot up my laptop, the screen is black but the screen is still showing light. My pc froze when i hit the windows button last night so i decided to just turn it off with the power button, but now i'm worried becuase i can't get my computer to work. I have not...
  7. black screen and beeps on failed startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen and beeps on failed startup: computer worked yesterday now on power on get black screen and beeps on failed startup. two short one long beep. Repeats this a couple times and then rapid series of beeps. wireless light lit and hard drive blinks. Tried this several times. HELP!!!...
  8. Pc boots - black screen - 2 beeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc boots - black screen - 2 beeps: My PC was rebooting Modem & Router when it was accidentally turned off. Boots to black screen with two fast beeps & continued to beep twice every 2 min. MS-7696 Motherboard. 2 beeps = parity problem. 117310
  9. PC Boots - 2 Beeps - Black Screen

PC Boots - 2 Beeps - Black Screen: My PC was rebooting Modem & Router when it was accidentally turned off. Boots to black screen with two fast beeps & continued to beep twice every 2 min. MS-7696 Motherboard. 2 beeps = parity problem. 117303
  10. Laptop black (grey) screen no beep

Laptop black (grey) screen no beep: So when I tried week ago to turn on my laptop in the morning, at first it show black screen (without beep. LED's are on). Only when I restarted laptop it finally turned on. It was the second day something like this happened. My laptop has been working great since this time,...