Windows 10: no bing!

Discus and support no bing! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; is there a way to use google search as default for everything when you search with cortana the web searches are bing 6256 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jamos316, May 21, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

no bing!

is there a way to use google search as default for everything
    when you search with cortana the web searches are bing

:)

jamos316, May 21, 2015
  2. bing bing Win User

how to get rid of write protected for my pen drive

I cant delete and copy anything fr pen drive

bing bing, May 21, 2015
  3. Lumia 800 updated to 7.8: NO RESIZE, NO BING Wallpaper, No new color... but all the rest !? no bing! o_O

I did not force the update. At first I got lots of lovely new theme colours but couldn't work out how to resize tiles. If I pressed on a tile the little pin tack symbol came up but I could only move it or delete it.

I was playing with it yesterday and noticed that if I press on a tile I now get the pin tack in one corner and a little arrow pointing inwards in another corner. If I tap on the arrow the tile shrinks, once it's shrunk if I press on it again the little arrow
    appears but pointing outwards and if I tap on the arrow the tile gets big again.

I'm sure it didn't do this immediately after the update but started to do it a couple of days afterwards.

I got the Bluetooth app from the marketplace and it works but the Nokia ringtone maker is still not available.

caitlin1759, May 21, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

no bing!

I'm guessing that there will eventually be integration after Windows 10 is released... but probably not at this stage.

Mystere, May 21, 2015
  5. I would be very surprised if this happens

Default searching possibly have a google option (as in previous versions of windows), but I don't see Cortana getting Google as a search option

paulsalter, May 21, 2015
  6. It would be interesting for Microsoft to do this, but I highly doubt it. I guess we're stuck with Bing... what a shame.

Michaelvas17, May 29, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    One thing worth trying is to go into Spartan's settings.

Click on "a web page" in the start with section
    On the drop down box go to custom page
    Then in the space provided type in googles website

This should then have google launch every time you run Edge.

no bing! [​IMG]

swarfega, May 29, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

no bing!

caperjack, Jun 1, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    Dude, Jun 2, 2015
  10. Edge might allow other search engines, but Cortana is probably welded directly to Bing

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

no bing!

1. no bing! - Similar Threads - bing

2. Bing popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing popup: Hewwo, my computew *screams* got a popup that asks t-to swap my defuawt seawch enginye t-to bing on chwome. *boops your nose* I meant t-to cwick ^w^ nyo because i hate bing. Nyow evewy bwowsew keeps swapping back t-to bing. How do I stop *looks at you* this...
  3. Bing popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing popup: Hewwo, my computew *screams* got a popup that asks t-to swap my defuawt seawch enginye t-to bing on chwome. *boops your nose* I meant t-to cwick ^w^ nyo because i hate bing. Nyow evewy bwowsew keeps swapping back t-to bing. How do I stop *looks at you* this...
  4. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  5. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  6. Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...: I cannot access Bing CoPilot anymore as it replies: We're sorry but we're unable to connect to the service at this time. Please try again later or refresh. I tried and tried and nothing happened....
  7. Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...

Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...: I cannot access Bing CoPilot anymore as it replies: We're sorry but we're unable to connect to the service at this time. Please try again later or refresh. I tried and tried and nothing happened....
  8. Je peut pas rentré dans bing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Je peut pas rentré dans bing: Je peut pas rentré dans Google Chrome et Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/je-peut-pas-rentr%C3%A9-dans-bing/5a59bf1d-bce9-4c8e-81d1-f274dd67243f
  9. Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users: Microsoft has done it again. This time, the company displayed a popup advertising its Bing search service to Chrome users on Windows devices. The popup appeared for users who launched Chrome on the Windows device. It read "Chat with GPT-4 for free on Chrome! Get hundreds of...
  10. How to update Bing Maps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Bing Maps: The following text has no offense/rudeness towards Microsoft.I use both Google and Bing Maps for looking for windmills, but Bing Maps satellite view is so blurry/bad. How do I fix this. Again, no offense/rudeness.Example:...