Windows 10: No bios screen at boot

Discus and support No bios screen at boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After re-installtion issues with an old standby (Clipmate) to correct an issue with Clipmate...I decided just to revert back to a previous Acronis... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trinaz, Dec 6, 2016.

1. trinaz Win User

No bios screen at boot

After re-installtion issues with an old standby (Clipmate) to correct an issue with Clipmate...I decided just to revert back to a previous Acronis complete system image tib from a few days previous to the Clipmate change.

However...I can not get passed the blinking cursor at system start up...no access to bios screen ! Tried additional recent previous tibs but same issue...no bios..only blinking cursor ?

Have been using Acronis for years and never had any issues like this

Any Acronis users out there or others that can help me get by the blinking cursor and into bios startup screen...or suggestions on what's causing the freeze at the startup blinking cursor with no access to bios to launch the C drive ?

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Dec 6, 2016

2. Black screen after Intel logo, no boot, no bios, no startup repair

Hi, I recently purchased and iView i897qw from Wlamart for school. I ended up getting some malware on it so I factory reset it. That didn't go well. Not only will it not boot, I can't get bios or start up repair. I also can't boot from Usb or a recovery
    point(which I would need startup repair for). I can't use a repair disc, because I have no disc drive. I really need some help with this, I really would rather not have to buy a new one because this was a present, and I really like it.

arminthies, Dec 6, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    Black screen after Intel logo, no boot, no bios, no startup repair

Hi,

First Off... You are probably going to need a wall plug powered USB 2.0 Hub with at least 4 ports... you may also need an adapter to convert a standard USB 2.0 connection to the one on your iView...

You will also need Recovery\Installation Media on a USB 2.0 Flash Drive and a USB keyboard...

You might try resetting it again with the keyboard attached... My 8" tablet is about non-functional doing any type of repair function without a USB keyboard and mouse...

Make sure you have a fully charged battery... it may or may not accept a charge from the Hub...

I kind of found all this stuff out the hard way myself trying to restore an image...

Just couldn't make things work without the Hub, Keyboard, and mouse...

slance310, Dec 6, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

No bios screen at boot

You can't even use the hotkey (ESC, Delete, F-whatever) immediately after power on to enter the bios? Try unplugging all USB peripherals other than keyboard and mouse. You can probably fix the blinking cursor boot problem, but need to get into something like Kyhi's recovery tools from a USB flash drive or DVD to do it.

Also, is the computer legacy BIOS or is it UEFI?

NavyLCDR, Dec 6, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    In addition to USB devices I've seen it happen when the BIOS was set to the Optical Drive as first boot device and there was a disc in the drive, computer is searching it for the boot files.

Berton, Dec 6, 2016
  6. trinaz Win User
    Thanks guys...have managed to get into bios but am getting the attached jpg errors when I select start Windows. Have used Acronis for years and always save all partitions on Windows disk at every tib creation...but apparently they are not being restored in the Acronis recovery/restore operations now

Here are a couple jpgs messages I am now getting:

No bios screen at boot [​IMG]

?

I have a recover partition on the C: drive but cannot access it nor does it show up after Acronis restore ?

Tim

trinaz, Dec 6, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
  8. trinaz Win User

No bios screen at boot

As always thanks to you and all those who take their time trying to help. System back up and running normally in part because of your former post in my-disk-management-sure-doesnt-look-right-me -Windows 10 Forums

Not hundred percent sure why but issue was because of my multiple backups (tibs)...only one was of the changes we accomplished in the above disk management issue. When I tried restoring that Acronis tib...pretty much everything fell into place. Back up and running now...minor tweaking but all AOK !!

Thanks again...TiminAz

trinaz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No bios screen at boot

1. No bios screen at boot - Similar Threads - bios screen boot

2. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  3. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  4. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen: Hi! So a few days ago my brother realized there was some pop ups for winzip, and cc cleaned an a few other things, my google also wouldn’t let me search anything it would come up with a error message saying something was stopping me or something along those lines, basically...
  6. Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen

Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen: Hi! So a few days ago my brother realized there was some pop ups for winzip, and cc cleaned an a few other things, my google also wouldn’t let me search anything it would come up with a error message saying something was stopping me or something along those lines, basically...
  7. Black screen after trying to boot in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after trying to boot in bios: So i tried booting in bios by pressing del didn't work so i searched and someone said to run "msconfig" then go to boot tab after that select network under safeboot that apply ,click ok and restart. Now it powers on but no signal, any help would be appreciated....
  8. Black screen after trying to boot in bios

Black screen after trying to boot in bios: So i tried booting in bios by pressing del didn't work so i searched and someone said to run "msconfig" then go to boot tab after that select network under safeboot that apply ,click ok and restart. Now it powers on but no signal, any help would be appreciated....
  9. Black screen after trying to boot in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows: My system works very well for a few years but suddenly it cannot boot directly to windows. Here are a few points I've observed that are different then when it works normally:1. Pressing power button takes longer (around 10 seconds longer) for the power LED to light up. It...