Windows 10: no bios

Discus and support no bios in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; build 9926 works ok but if i try to access bios nothing happens , i don't get (bsod) but nothing happens, i have access bios in the past before, i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jarp53, Mar 20, 2015.

1. jarp53 Win User

no bios

build 9926 works ok but if i try to access bios nothing happens , i don't get (bsod) but nothing happens, i have access bios in the past before, i was going to experiment when i notice that no matter what i try system does not respond if i tap on Delete, i also try Tab, F12, F9, END, but nothing , all i do after trying is press restart and pc starts normal, is there any thing i can do short off re installing.

:)

jarp53, Mar 20, 2015
  2. RobK20 Win User

No display, no BIOS, no Splash Screen, and no cursor after changing Windows Power options

Thanks so much responding. As a last resort i’m gonna try this

I agreee its a great shame as these are really good machines when working

RobK20, Mar 20, 2015
  3. No display, no BIOS, no Splash Screen, and no cursor after changing Windows Power options

Ok thanks! I will take it in for servicing.

Regulator18, Mar 20, 2015
  4. NonXtreme Win User

no bios

NonXtreme, Mar 20, 2015
  5. Then, I must have an "abnormal" machine -- because it uses the old "legacy" BIOS and I have no problems getting into it, whether FastStartup is enabled or disabled. Besides, I thought FastStartup only affected the new "hibernation" implemented initially in Win8. I've not seen anything linking it to boot problems.

Are you sure you're not meaning Fast Boot -- which is entirely different?

Mark Phelps, Mar 20, 2015
  6. usasma Win User
    If you have a UEFI rather than a BIOS, restart while holding down "Shift"
    That'lll get you to the screens where you can choose startup options (to include the UEFI).

FWIW - my VM doesn't have a setting for the UEFI, so I suspect it's still using the BIOS.

usasma, Mar 20, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    Your System Specs does seem to imply newer hardware so UEFI most likely is the issue. I have Win10 on a 7-year-old Dell Desktop that came with Vista and a 4-5-year-old Toshiba Notebook, both had bare drives and Win10 installed without reference to UEFI.

Berton, Mar 21, 2015
  8. jarp53 Win User

no bios

jarp53, Mar 24, 2015
  9. jarp53 Win User
    try both still nothing

jarp53, Mar 24, 2015
  10. jarp53 Win User
    try that but system started normal

jarp53, Mar 24, 2015
  11. jarp53 Win User
    yes i have BIOS; but i try that and it took me to singing screen which i have not seen in a while sins i choose not to type my password at start up

jarp53, Mar 24, 2015
  12. usasma Win User
    Every source that I've read says it's the DEL key to get to the BIOS on a Gigabyte mobo.
    Have you tried rapidly tapping the DEL key as soon as you turn it on, and keep tapping it until it either boots to the BIOS or boots to Windows?

If that doesn't work, then try another keyboard (and try another keyboard port).

usasma, Mar 24, 2015
  13. no bios

For the record, I have a Gigabyte MB and I just simply press and hold DEL after turning on the PC and keep doing it till the Setup menu appears. Works for me everytime.

Olivir2014, Mar 24, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    For legacy (non UEFI) BIOS it doesn't matter which OS or even if an OS is installed, you should be able to access it with it's default key.

CountMike, Mar 24, 2015
  15. I have seen numerous reports of issues trying to access the BIOS on boot up with Windows Fast Startup enabled. I don't know if its a UEFI thing or not, just that it does happen. Turn it off and you can then access the BIOS. It appears to be a result of the hybrid sleep mode the PC goes into instead of a full shut down.

alphanumeric, Mar 24, 2015
Thema:

no bios

1. no bios - Similar Threads - bios

2. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer always start in BIOS: When i turn on my computer/Restart it always start in BIOS, I have tried the tutorial on Youtube and Yeah it success But when i tried to Restart it back again to the BIOS, All the tutorial youtubers said "Tried this and it won't be back to the BIOS" or something like that....
  3. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer always start in BIOS: When i turn on my computer/Restart it always start in BIOS, I have tried the tutorial on Youtube and Yeah it success But when i tried to Restart it back again to the BIOS, All the tutorial youtubers said "Tried this and it won't be back to the BIOS" or something like that....
  4. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  6. windows fails to activate after bios update

windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  7. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  8. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  9. How do I reset my bios password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my bios password: How do I reset my bios password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-bios-password/5336ee54-5d72-48b5-9164-b9cb98e53586
  10. How do I reset my bios password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my bios password: How do I reset my bios password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-bios-password/9d199c1f-601f-432f-bc0a-39d5a3e1661a