Windows 10: No bitlocker USB toast on desktop.

Discus and support No bitlocker USB toast on desktop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't get a toast and a prompt to unlock BitLocker USB drives on my Desktop. Instead, the notification icon just turns white and I see the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lord Method Man, Aug 8, 2015.

1. No bitlocker USB toast on desktop.

I don't get a toast and a prompt to unlock BitLocker USB drives on my Desktop.

Instead, the notification icon just turns white and I see the notification to unlock it listed there under "Calculator." Clicking on it just dismisses it.

I have to open Explorer and open the drive from there to get the unlock prompt.

:)

Lord Method Man, Aug 8, 2015
  2. RMDEQ Win User

has anyone else had extreme slowdown with Bitlocker encryption of USB drive with Surface Book?

Thanks for your response!

Yes, I had the most current updates installed, including the System Hardware Update from 12/2/2015

Yes. When I shutdown the computer, I noticed I had the 2TB drive plugged into the rearmost USB port and I had a 256GB USB thumb drive (PNY Turbo USB 3.0) plugged into the frontmost USB port. This thumb drive was Bitlocker encrypted months ago, and I had
    it plugged into the Surface Book to migrate files. When I checked it later on my desktop, I learned that the free space on this 256GB drive was 12KB. Apparently it had almost completely filled up when I moved files to it from my desktop previously.

I verified the Bitlocker encryption process was "running" on the 2TB drive. It was not running on the 256GB drive. So, is it possible the extreme slowdown only occurs when an unrelated additional Bitlocker encrypted drive is plugged in, or is it possible
    it additionally needs an unrelated Bitlocker encrypted drive with virtually no free space?

No, the 2TB drive is powered through its provided USB cable and has no facility for external power. After my original post, the Bitlocker encryption worked fine on my desktop system and the desktop machine was able to complete the process.

RMDEQ, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Malaphice Win User
    bitlocker, cant access usb

Hi, I have a usb that has been encrypted with bitlocker, I can plug it into my desktop and I get the prompt that allows me to input the password so I can access it. However on my laptop and on other people's computers, when I plug in my usb I do not get
    the prompt to input my password and it simply says I cant access it.

Both my desktop and my laptop are windows 10, they both do not have bitlocker. Can someone tell me how to access my usb?

Malaphice, Aug 8, 2015
  4. No bitlocker USB toast on desktop.

What does a problem with toasts appearing have to do with Antivirus, Firewalls, and System Security?

Lord Method Man, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

No bitlocker USB toast on desktop.

1. No bitlocker USB toast on desktop. - Similar Threads - bitlocker USB toast

2. TOAST files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TOAST files: I need help opening a toast file a friend sent me. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toast-files/a0f6ff58-9b8a-4614-a5cb-090214631d5d
  3. Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1909 (Buid 18363.1256), I rolled back from 20H2 (to many problems). This issue was already there before I had made the upgrade. When I plugged in my WD External Hard Drive wich is protected by Bitlocker, I get that small notification toast at the...
  4. Desktop Delphi Toasts App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Delphi Toasts App: What in the world is this? [img] - - - Updated - - - Possibly unreleated or possibly related: I get quite a few command prompts flash up and close throughout any time I have my PC on. It has happened again just now and I was able to read that the title said something that...
  5. "Desktop Delphi Toasts App"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop Delphi Toasts App": What in the world is this? [img] 158849
  6. toast files? input switch toast handlers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    toast files? input switch toast handlers: someone is sending toast messages {I can't remember the proper name} from my pc to theirs. what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/toast-files-input-switch-toast-handlers/65adaf28-abc8-406a-966d-685485091e9d
  7. toast files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    toast files?: someone is sending toast messages {I can't remember the proper name} from my pc to theirs. what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/toast-files/65adaf28-abc8-406a-966d-685485091e9d
  8. SSD toast ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD toast ??: Once upon a time my old HD was successfuly cloned to new Samsung SSD 860 EVO. All was well until i tried to "image" the SSD to external HD for backup using USB cable - it failed apparently due to bad sector(s). Running CHKDSK to fix bad sectors was a DISASTER resulting in...
  9. Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?: Hello; I found that a 32GB LEXAR USB 3.0 thrumb drive was not being fully recognized by my PC. When using File Manager and clicking on Removable disk (I:) under This PC, I am getting a prompt: Please insert a disk into Removeable Disk (I:). [The volume name used to be shown...
  10. Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen: I hate the toast notification popup in the lower right corner of the screen. That is the area it seems that I always need to click when in forums etc. and it's always in the way when I have something open that receives a lot of them. Is there anyway to move where they...
Tags: