Windows 10: No Bluetooth on computer after Windows Update and NO restore point - 5TH TIME IN A YEAR

Discus and support No Bluetooth on computer after Windows Update and NO restore point - 5TH TIME IN A YEAR in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is the fifth time in a year that I have had this problem. It is ALWAYS after a Windows update and is 100% a Windows problem. Windows also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kawiah, Jul 20, 2018.

1. kawiah Win User

No Bluetooth on computer after Windows Update and NO restore point - 5TH TIME IN A YEAR

This is the fifth time in a year that I have had this problem. It is ALWAYS after a Windows update and is 100% a Windows problem. Windows also repeatedly turns off my system restore protection at some point without my knowledge. I have repeatedly turned it on for both of my hard drives and yet every time I need to explore USING a restore point, there is NEVER a restore point to be found.

It is the exact same problem as described here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-disappears-after-update/6854003e-64fe-4031-85a9-189758874b9d

Bluetooth will work just fine and I will come back to my computer after it has downloaded and installed an update without my knowledge and suddenly it doesn't work. It isn't my devices. It's like Bluetooth doesn't exist.

The switch to turn bluetooth OFF and ON is not even available here.

I cannot connect my mouse, keyboard, or speaker via bluetooth, all of which I need for my workflow.

I have already tried many, many troubleshooting steps every time this has happened. I always have to wait it out each time. Anywhere from a couple days to over a week before SUDDENLY it works again.

This is completely unacceptable. I want a solution yesterday please.

Thank you,

Lauren

:)

kawiah, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Windows app removal - restore point

Hello,

Restore points are generated when you install a new application, Windows Update or driver. You can also manually create a restore point. Restoring to an earlier point of time won't affect your personal files, but it will remove all the applications, drivers
    and Windows Updates installed after the restore point was made. To better assist you regarding your concern, we'd like to know more information.

• Do you see any available restore point on your computer?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the applications that were removed?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For more details about System Restore, please check this
    link
    and refer to Restore from a system restore point section.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jul 20, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Select the drives that you want restore on.

for example if XP on C and Vista is on D turn off restore for D if in XP visa versa.

You can find this in XP by right clicking my computer and selecting properties ( System restore ? sorry in Vista at this time)

In Vista it's like Right click my computer and select properties click advanced system settings then the system protection.

AsRock, Jul 20, 2018
  4. SteveFell Win User

No Bluetooth on computer after Windows Update and NO restore point - 5TH TIME IN A YEAR

Automatic restore points not working

I managed to find the procedure for creating automatic restore points on my desktop computer. However I tried to set the system to create a restore point on startup and then later, at a specific time. However when I checked the list there were no restore
    points listed for either case. The history says that it completed the task at the allotted time. I can create a manual restore point OK, which shows up in the system restore list. I've had a few near misses with malware recently, which were successfully dealt
    with by a system restore using the windows update point, but that was 3 weeks prior, hence the need for a daily update. Can anyone explain my problem please?

SteveFell, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. No Bluetooth on computer after Windows Update and NO restore point - 5TH TIME IN A YEAR - Similar Threads - Bluetooth computer Update

2. Restore point restoration after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point restoration after reset?: I was planning on resetting my laptop as the files are so messy and everything is just a mess. I'm worried that if I do reset my laptop I might have an important file that I missed, so after I make a restore point with the Restore Point application, reset my laptop, and need...
  3. Restore point restoration after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point restoration after reset?: I was planning on resetting my laptop as the files are so messy and everything is just a mess. I'm worried that if I do reset my laptop I might have an important file that I missed, so after I make a restore point with the Restore Point application, reset my laptop, and need...
  4. creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point: I recently had to restore my computer from a previous restore point. That went well but i have attempted to create a new restore point and i get the following message. 0x800423f4 the writer experienced a non-transient error. I looked for some help but not sure about answer....
  5. creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point: I recently had to restore my computer from a previous restore point. That went well but i have attempted to create a new restore point and i get the following message. 0x800423f4 the writer experienced a non-transient error. I looked for some help but not sure about answer....
  6. Windows 10 updates hanging for the 5th time. Every time the computer gets extremely hot,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates hanging for the 5th time. Every time the computer gets extremely hot,...: Hi, Well, the title kind of summarizes my issue. I'm on Windows 10 Home edition, 10.0.17763. It's happened like 5 times now, Windows updates run, computer restarts or attempts to restart, the process hangs, and it seems like the PC is doing some intensive processing, with...
  7. Rationale for Deleting Restore Points after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Rationale for Deleting Restore Points after Windows Update: A much older thread discussed the reasons manual RPs get deleted, one of which was that the older restore points wouldn't apply to the new Windows version just updated. The logic seems to overlook THE most important reason one would want a restore point available after an...
  8. Rationale for Deleting Restore Points after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Rationale for Deleting Restore Points after Windows Update: A much older thread discussed the reasons manual RPs get deleted, one of which was that the older restore points wouldn't apply to the new Windows version just updated. The logic seems to overlook THE most important reason one would want a restore point available after an...
  9. 5th Time that my computer has “died”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5th Time that my computer has “died”: It’s the 5th time for me that my PC has had to have been repaired at this point, all of the technicians have told me that the hardware is fine so I know that for sure. I’m starting to believe that its my applications that im downloading: Roblox Steam Discord Teamspeak...
  10. Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates: In windows 7, restore points were automatically created when I installed programs or windows updates occurred. On 9/13/18, the following my computer received the following update - September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). There is no corresponding Restore date for...