Windows 10: NO Boot Device Found after regular windows update

Discus and support NO Boot Device Found after regular windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello guys and Gals, i have been updating one of my laptops regular before and after the Anniversary update and never had an issue untill, the update i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pantz, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Pantz Win User

NO Boot Device Found after regular windows update

Hello guys and Gals, i have been updating one of my laptops regular before and after the Anniversary update and never had an issue untill, the update i did last night,

After windows told me to update , i did, and on a restart windows told me that there was no boot device found, press any key to reboot,

Checked the BIOS and the HDD seems to be still there

If my Hard-drive, has failed, ( i very much doubt that ) i can live with that, but if it was a M$ issue, i am not very happy, fortunately i do have a spare hard drive,

Thanks in Advance

:)

Pantz, Oct 3, 2016

2. No boot Device Found

Hi,

This particular issue could be an issue on Windows or on the device itself. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• What is the error message that you’re getting? Is it possible to send a screenshot of the said error?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this problem?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Oct 3, 2016
  3. NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND

I have a HP laptop, only 1 year old. After updating to windows 10, I started getting several error messages. Now it is to the point I cannot even get it to boot up or turn on. Just get the "Boot device not found " error. I am ready to give up and go buy
    a new laptop even though I cannot afford it. Frustrated!!!

tanderson925, Oct 3, 2016
  4. bbinnard Win User

I had the same problem about 6 weeks ago. I tried all sorts of things to fix the problem, and none of them worked. I finally got my system back by restoring a Macrium Image of my boot disk I made before the update. Since then I have disabled updates.

There are a number of fixes out there that are designed to address the "no boot disk" problem. Most of them have to do with fixing/rebuilding the MBR (Master Boot Record), but none of them worked for me. At this point you have nothing to lose by trying them. Just Google "Windows MBR Repair" or something like that.

bbinnard, Oct 3, 2016
  5. Pantz Win User
    Hello Again, Well that was very Strange, i was going to Follow the Suggestion that {bbinnard} said i should try, i restarted the laptop and hit F8, and laptop they started to do an update, then rebooted , and did another update, and the laptop now seen to be working fine now, i will monitor it until another update is due, Thanks for the help.

Pantz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NO Boot Device Found after regular windows update - Similar Threads - Boot Device Found

2. Boot Device Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Device Not Found: Boot Device Not Found?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E9%9B%BB%E8%85%A6%E7%B6%93%E5%B8%B8%E9%A1%AF/729fd005-9d91-465e-98d7-3c55754bffbf
  3. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot device not found: Blue screen error displayed saying"critical process died" and then after restarting severally and changing boot settings it still could not boot windows.After, l took ssd and try to load using another pc but its size could only be read but contents could not....
  4. boot device not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot device not found: Hi! So my sister's laptop has a bought Windows 10 pro and I updated it to windows 11 but after i few months without turning it off the laptop showed the blue screen thing and it said restarting your laptop but after that it says boot device not found. i tried restarting my...
  5. no boot device found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no boot device found: Aloha,I am using a Dell Inspirion 3275, and when I turn on the computer it states there is no bootable device. What can I do to fix this. My computer is just old enough to be outside the warranty. Any solutions on how I can get my Windows 10 OS to boot?MahaloJustin...
  6. no boot device found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no boot device found: Aloha,I am using a Dell Inspirion 3275, and when I turn on the computer it states there is no bootable device. What can I do to fix this. My computer is just old enough to be outside the warranty. Any solutions on how I can get my Windows 10 OS to boot?MahaloJustin...
  7. Boot Device not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Device not found: I know there has probably been this error before, but this is different, my HP pc has got an error about Boot Device not found right after i got the BSOD saying my memory was full or something, it turned off without doing the thing of it loading, i tried everything i found, I...
  8. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: Hi, Yesterday I was on my laptop and then it suddenly crashed so I forced powered it off. When I tried to open it again it came up with a black screen saying: Boot device not found Please install and operating system on your hard disk. For more information, please...
  9. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: My computer froze. When I tried to restart a screen came up "Boot device not found. Please install operating system on your hard disk (3FO)." I have tried reinstalling windows with a media creation tool. But when I get to the part about drivers it does not list drivers....
  10. Inaccessible boot device - after windows update (regular update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible boot device - after windows update (regular update): Hi I was shutting down the computer and it gave me an option to update and restart and I did that and next think you know I have the blue screen of death. I have tried theauto fix, bottom in safe mode, restoring a previous restore point and still the same issue. Any...