Windows 10: No boot manager on windows 10 new install

Discus and support No boot manager on windows 10 new install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can someone please help me? I am running windows 7 as my primary os and decided to try windows 10 on its own hard disk. The installation was successful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by skydog, Oct 29, 2016.

1. skydog Win User

No boot manager on windows 10 new install

Can someone please help me? I am running windows 7 as my primary os and decided to try windows 10 on its own hard disk. The installation was successful but I can't get into windows 7 now unless I force boot in the bios. The funny thing is that the windows 10 hard disk is labeled as boot manager in the bios but there is no boot manager option available. Could someone walk me through the fix for this? I really don't want to reinstall again.

Sorry if this is a repost, but I'd really appreciate the help.
    Thanks

:)

skydog, Oct 29, 2016

2. windows 10 drivers

Have gotten around the driver issue by installing them manually after installing windows 10, still having major issue with the windows 10 boot manager corrupting my existing windows 7 boot manager (on different hard drive). Will create new post to solve
    this

JulianVisch, Oct 29, 2016
  3. barryhendry, Oct 29, 2016
  4. skydog Win User

I found a solution by using the bootrec /rebuildbcd command. Booted off the win 10 cd, repair pc option, command prompt...

The only thing funny is when I choose windows 7, the pc re boots again completely before it loads os making another delay, but hey it works. Thought I'd share..

skydog, Oct 29, 2016
  5. AddRAM Win User
    I`m guessing you didn`t unplug the W7 drive before you installed W10 ??

If you had then you could just use the boot menu to choose either OS, keeping them completely separate.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No boot manager on windows 10 new install - Similar Threads - boot manager install

2. Windows boot manager - Add new disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager - Add new disk: Hi team. Can you bring me some documentation. I have a win10 installed in a M2-nvm disk The BIOS only shows me one option to boot: Windows boot manager. I want to add another disk and install Linux. So then I'd like to choose between the win10 disk and the linux disk. When I...
  3. Windows boot manager - Add new disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot manager - Add new disk: Hi team. Can you bring me some documentation. I have a win10 installed in a M2-nvm disk The BIOS only shows me one option to boot: Windows boot manager. I want to add another disk and install Linux. So then I'd like to choose between the win10 disk and the linux disk. When I...
  4. Windows boot manager - Add new disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Getting windows boot manager and installing windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows boot manager and installing windows: I completely shifted from windows to ubuntu. I deleted the windows boot manager from the /boot/efi/EFI on ubuntu so that I don't see it on grub boot loader. Now I want to shift back to windows.When I start the installation process, it gives me the error that bcd file is...
  6. New NVME SSD - Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New NVME SSD - Windows Boot Manager: Hi all - I'm looking for a little bit of guidance. I have a custom PC (Windows 10 (1909), Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard) and I have just upgraded from a WD 1TB HDD to a 2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVME. I used the Samsung Data Migration software to migrate from the HDD to the...
  7. New Windows 10 Install, Memory management BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows 10 Install, Memory management BSOD: I am getting Memory Management BSOD pretty consistently on my fresh Windows 10 install. I have already done Memtest with individual and both sticks 4x pass with no errors. The system is a Ryzen 5 3600 that has the latest BIOS and chipset drivers B450M and a GTX1050Ti with...
  8. New install of Windows 10 keeps booting into old install.

New install of Windows 10 keeps booting into old install.: I just did a clean install of windows onto an NVME m.2 drive for my desktop computer. It has 2 m.2 slots, and the second disk has an old install of windows from when it was in another machine. I didn't wipe that drive before filling it with data, and now I'm wondering if...
  9. Issues with new SSD windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with new SSD windows boot manager: Hi, I recently upgraded my SSD to a larger size, when I first powered on my PC it worked fine, but when windows restarted I was put into windows boot manager, and it gave me the error that no HDD was found (error 2100). but when i powered off my PC and Powered it on again, I...
  10. Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager

Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager: Recently I did install a new SSD into my Aurora R7. I've unplugged my HDD, installed the SSD, used Windows on an USB and installed the Windows on the SSD. Then formatted the HDD. It works fine and my computer boots in seconds but if I go to BIOS and try to change the boot...