Windows 10: No bootable device found after linux install

Discus and support No bootable device found after linux install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So, I've had a pretty big issue today. I installed Debian as a dual boot with win10, and it worked! The only problem was that I didn't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GarrukApex, Jun 30, 2017.

1. No bootable device found after linux install

Hello,
    So, I've had a pretty big issue today. I installed Debian as a dual boot with win10, and it worked! The only problem was that I didn't have access to either root or sudo. In order to fix that, I booted into Ubuntu because my Debian live image logs out after a few seconds and mounted the partitions that Linux was installed on. My part table is below:
    /dev/sda1 - EFI
    /dev/sda2 - Microsoft Reserved
    /dev/sda3 - Microsoft Basic Data
    /dev/sda4 - Windows Recovery
    /dev/sda5 - Windows Recovery
    /dev/sda6 - Linux /root
    /dev/sda7 - Linux Swap
    /dev/sda8 - Linux /home

I believe I mounted sda 1, 6, 8, and by mistake 5. I ejected the device (by accident without umount) and then tried to boot. My computer is a dell, and on boot I immediately got the device recovery menu. I booted into the F2 UEFI menu, and saw that my boot options list had gone from Debian, windows boot menu, and my hard disk, which was labelled as UEFI (some numbers here, sorry).

I've tried everything I can think of, including hours of non-stop googling. I removed and formatted the partitions Linux was installed on, and then reset the MBR from a windows live CD. I don't think it went through, because there is still no option in the F2 menu for device boot unless I plug a device in. I believe windows is still there, but there is no way for me to access it.

I can't access it through a Debian live image, because the one I installed from had an issue where as soon as I logged in, it would immediately log me out.

I don't want to do an recovery from the live disk, because I have hundreds of applications on my computer that would take me forever to reinstall.

I'd love some help with this issue, because I've been tearing my hair out and can't find anything online to try to solve it. I've had to do all my research from my phone, so I might have missed something.
    Thanks,

:)

GarrukApex, Jun 30, 2017

2. No Bootable Device Found

Hi,

I have a persisting problem with my operating system, which has already been repaired TWICE by a professional.

Every now and then my laptop will just boot up with no bios and a "no bootable device found" error message, and when I put in a USB with the right version of windows 10 to repair this can't even reset the laptop let alone repair/ or patch the corrupt files.

The first time this happened the laptop ran out of battery during an update, which was fixed professionally. However, the penultimate time it happened the laptop ran out of battery yet wasn't installing or downloading any updates. this time, the laptop was
    shut down properly, with no updates running and still plugged into the charger (I never let it run out of battery fully now).

I am obviously unwilling to pay again to get another repair done on a laptop that has in total cost well in excess of £1000 with repairs.

Windows, please tell me a solution to this problem that keeps persisting. There are no viruses and laptop has not been damaged in anyway.

Many Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

AlicePom21, Jun 30, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 30, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

No bootable device found after linux install

NavyLCDR, Jun 30, 2017
Thema:

No bootable device found after linux install

1. No bootable device found after linux install - Similar Threads - bootable device found

2. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bootable device found: Hii It's been a bad day for me i was creating a partition through AOEMI partition assistant on my laptop i got 500 gb hard drive and tried to allocate the free space to another partition but i think i did some mess and deleted some partitions which don't have to be deleted...
  3. No bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bootable devices found: Hi all, I’ve been using my dell g3 3579 for a couple of years now and I recently faced this issue.. My laptop was pre installed with windows 10 and I had recently upgraded to windows 11. By default, windows had come pre installed on the ssd.. I force shut down my laptop...
  4. No bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No bootable devices found: Hi all, I’ve been using my dell g3 3579 for a couple of years now and I recently faced this issue.. My laptop was pre installed with windows 10 and I had recently upgraded to windows 11. By default, windows had come pre installed on the ssd.. I force shut down my laptop...
  5. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No bootable device found: I've been using my laptop for a while. My hard drive got corrupted a month back so i decided to add an m.2 ssd and install windows on that. I had left my hard drive in with the installation. Yesterday i got my hands on a 2.5 inch ssd so i decided to replace my hard drive with...
  6. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No bootable device found: Whenever i turn on my pc it loads like normal and i see the dell logo but at the time it would usually have the login screen i get a screen that says no bootable devices found. How do i fix this submitted by /u/Max123543 [link] [comments]...
  7. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No bootable device found: Having a problem of no bootable device found but when the hardware scan is done it shows no defective hardware. Yesterday I reset window 10 thought it might occurs due to software problem. Laptop runs smoothly yesterday but today morning suddenly no bootable device is...
  8. no bootable device found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no bootable device found: can viruses/malware cause no bootable device found error and is there a way to fix it please respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-found/57540b3c-73f0-44aa-9e16-8dd0da5066d5
  9. no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no bootable device found: Hi, Because of a virus I hard reseted my DELL XPS 15 9550 with the SupportAssist tool Unfortunately it said the error: *no bootable device found* after making a boot USB stick with another computer and using it as a bootable device there were no differences! please tell me...
  10. No Bootable Device Found After Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Bootable Device Found After Fresh Install: I recently clean-installed Windows 10 after finding myself booting into a black screen with cursor post-login after having ran the memory diagnostic tool, and later getting a "No Bootable Devices Found" error after various unsuccessful repair attempts. Clean-installing...