Windows 10: No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update

Discus and support No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I read that the Creators Update will offer the much-needed brightness slider within the Action Center. However, after the update, I still don't see it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djdelarosa25, Apr 12, 2017.

1. No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update

I read that the Creators Update will offer the much-needed brightness slider within the Action Center. However, after the update, I still don't see it. Am I missing something?

No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update [​IMG]

:)

djdelarosa25, Apr 12, 2017
  2. Daryll Jan Dela Rosa, Apr 12, 2017
  3. No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update

I'm talking about the brightness SLIDER, which offers granular control of your brightness. Not the tile which bumps it up in 25% increments. The feature log of the Creators Update supposedly offers the brightness slider in the Action Center after the update,
    but I still don't have it.

I'm taking about that

Daryll Jan Dela Rosa, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update

Hello DJ, *Smile

It will be an action button instead of slider in the action center. The action button that has a star icon with 100% underneath it would be for brightness. You can click/tap on this brightness action button to change your brightness level in increments like in Option 3 of the tutorial below.

Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10 - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Brink, Apr 12, 2017
  5. If you want a slider google ClickMonitorDDC. Can drag system icon onto taskbar. Not the prettiest thing ever but it is handy. Wish windows had a brightness slider.

Torrentula81, Apr 13, 2017
  6. johnpd Win User
    I see the Action Center Brightness button on my laptop. It does indicates the current brightness value but it is grayed out. If I try the Settings > System > Display, the slider is also inoperative there. I can adjust the brightness with the Control Panel Power options however. I have it very often connected to an external monitor. Maybe that has something to do with it. In Settings > System > Display it shows two displays (1|2). It says "Select a display below", but that does not seem to work either.
    There is a similar issue with the "Night Light" option. Using the Action Center button, I can turn Night Light on or off. If I try the Settings > System > Display, that does nothing.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 13, 2017
  7. puffpppp Win User
    EXACTLY! I also saw in various videos that the action center in creators update would get a volume and a brightness slider but what i have is an action centre that looks exactly the same as before, is there a registry tweak or something to enable it?

puffpppp, Apr 15, 2017
  8. puffpppp Win User

From creators update I expected this

and this

but what upgrade gave me was this

I'm disappointed!!

puffpppp, Apr 15, 2017
  9. I feel the same disappointment with the touch screen keyboard on my tablet. Having flip to a numbers screen to type them vs having them above the keyboard is lame. Same thing if you want a - or % or whatever have to flip to that screen. Android has a better keyboard then windows, that is sorry. Just like android has brightness sliders. I switched back enterprise N where I don't have any crapware installed. Even after removing things like groove music it still appeared in my search results. I'll consider updating in a few years when microsoft shows it really can deliver a decent windows experience.

Torrentula81, Apr 15, 2017
  10. Haik0 Win User
    Exactly! What happened to this sliders and all that redesign ?

Haik0, Apr 20, 2017
  11. Kirby M Win User
    I get a brightness button in action center just like this pic which doesn't show the percentage and although it's clickable nothing happens, however i can use the slider in display settings and also adjust the brightness via function key but the onscreen brightness button in action center is not working from today, what's happening?

Kirby M, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

1. No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update - Similar Threads - brightness slider Action

2. The brightness slider on the action center on Windows 11 is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The brightness slider on the action center on Windows 11 is locked.: I can still change my brightness by using the keyboard, but for some reason I cant use the option in the action center.Windows 11 version 22H2....
  3. The brightness slider on the action center on Windows 11 is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The brightness slider on the action center on Windows 11 is locked.: I can still change my brightness by using the keyboard, but for some reason I cant use the option in the action center.Windows 11 version 22H2....
  4. The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.: I have a laptop, so it isn't a separate monitor. The slider was there before but is now gone. Using the keys doesn't work, and there's no way of adjusting the brightness in the Control Panel. I tried updating the display driver, but it appears to be up to date. Is there...
  5. No slider in Action center

in Windows 10 Customization
    No slider in Action center: Slider is missing in my action center. The one I used to use to change my screen brightness. In the evening it was working fine and suddenly now it disappeared. How can i get it back? If not is there any alternative to that?...
  6. Brightness slider in action center

Brightness slider in action center: I keep windows 10 up to date but the action center des not show the brightness slider. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-in-action-center/e902ce98-698a-4463-a59c-046c2e0508bf
  7. Brightness slider in Action Center missing

Brightness slider in Action Center missing: I have installed the May Update, but I do not see the Brightness slider that is supposed to be a new feature in the Action Center. A search brought up old references to earlier versions and they required a bit of technical knowhow. Is it possible that the new...
  8. Brightness slider in Action Center and settings

Brightness slider in Action Center and settings: Why is there no Brightness Slider in the action center when the upgrade to version 1903 clearly says that there is a slider there? The brightness settings on my screen are awkward so I would prefer to just take the user friendly option that 1903 is advocating. I can't see...
  9. Action center slider is blocked?

Action center slider is blocked?: In Settings [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/action-center-slider-is-blocked/02e38d9c-0589-4b47-ae2d-174544cf1b9c
  10. Action Center not working for specific user after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center not working for specific user after Creators update: After applying the Creators update on Monday my Action Center for my main user isn't working, yet for the other account I have (that I never use) it is working. The Action Center pops out as it should, and the buttons at the bottom work as they should. Just no...