Windows 10: No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

Discus and support No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TKSP33DY, Jul 25, 2018.

1. TKSP33DY Win User

No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

Hey,

My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and tried opening more than 2 tabs, it would say pages are unresponsive and the only way to close it was to open task manager and force close it. I thought it was a chrome issue and tried reinstalling chrome an clearing cache and history and cookies etc. as it said on the chrome website but even after all that chrome had roughly the same problem except the number of tabs required to crash it would increase or decrease by 1.

So I tried installing Opera and trying that instead thinking it was a chrome issue but then the same problem affects opera as well and the only browser immune to it is edge.

Another new issue noted after the update was that it said my Trusted Platform Module was unavailable and I couldn't use my pin for tasks which was new as I had been using it and never encountered this issue in the past year.

All day, ive been running IP reset commands, SFC and DISM commands after reading multiple posts on the internet and even after several restarts nothing seems to do the trick. There was nothing corrupt or missing in the SFC and DISM commands and I have slowly run out of ideas.

I am thinking of performing a clean install of windows 10 again but then thatll take me some time and im not really looking forward to installing everything I have on my computer again. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

TKSP33DY, Jul 25, 2018

2. EDGE multiple tabs

Windows 10 Edge browser - I would like to have multiple tabs open when I start my EDGE, but I want one of those tabs to be the Top sites and suggested content page

VaLentinCohen, Jul 25, 2018
  3. AjithIND Win User
    Registry key for Edge browser for preventing opening up of multiple tabs

Thanks Deepak for your help.

We are trying make one of the custom built applications compatible with edge browser.

This requires preventing opening of multiple tabs.

If this option is not available it means that the application is not compatible with Edge browser.

Kindly tell us some work around for this. Let me reinstate that the objective is to open new url in existing browser tab rather than opening in a new tab or new window.

Regards

Ajith

AjithIND, Jul 25, 2018
  4. AjithIND Win User

Registry key for Edge browser for preventing opening up of multiple tabs

What should be the registry settings of MicroSoft Egde browser for preventing the browser in opening multiple tabs. The browser should open a new link in existing tab instead of opening a new tab each
    time.

In IE11 this can be achieved using the ShortcutBehavior registry key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\TabbedBrowsing :

ShortcutBehavior

Are there any such keys available in Edge browser for enabling and disabling multitab browsing?

Looking forward for a response.

Regards,

Ajith

AjithIND, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs - Similar Threads - browser except edge

2. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  3. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  4. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  5. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  6. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser: What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer using microsoft account? Do the bookmarks, and extensions installed from edge store and chrome store in edge browser...
  7. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  8. All internet browsers except for Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All internet browsers except for Edge not opening: I've been running into an issue very recently where every browser on my desktop Firefox, Brave, and Chrome has failed to open barring Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. So far I've tried manually opening these browsers from my shortcuts, from the task bar, and from their...
  9. Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...: Hi Guys I often open entire folder from favorites to open multiple tabs at once. The issue i have is that Edge is loading only first/current tab and rest of the tab when click on them. This way i loose time waiting until page will be loaded. Is there any trick to force Edge...
  10. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no browser except edge in windows 10

2. all browsers opens very slowly except for edge

3. no browser is opening except edge