Windows 10: no BSOD, GPU stops sending signal to monitor after minutes of use

Discus and support no BSOD, GPU stops sending signal to monitor after minutes of use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with my R9 270x gpu. After a couple minutes of use, the screen will freeze and then my monitor will have no signal. I had this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by excellentnoob, Dec 26, 2015.

1. no BSOD, GPU stops sending signal to monitor after minutes of use

I'm having a problem with my R9 270x gpu. After a couple minutes of use, the screen will freeze and then my monitor will have no signal. I had this issue in windows 8; I now have windows 10. Everything is normal using an Nvidia gpu. I am using the latest amd drivers. I've also RMA'd both my GPU and mobo and Gigabyte told me nothing is wrong with them. Any help is appreciated.

Specs: Windows 10
    Gigabyte R9 270x
    Gigabyte b85m-d3h Mobo

Not sure if important: when the monitor becomes unresponsive, my gpu sounds like the fans go to 100% for a second, then rests, then repeats.
    Thank you.

:)

excellentnoob, Dec 26, 2015

2. Receiving Yellow screen error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

After updating my GPU driver, the GPU itself and several other drivers, the BSOD stopped. Please close this topic down

AndreCastillo14, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Monitor 1 out of Range Error

So, according to the information you gave, driver incompatibility is the most probable cause of this issue. GTX 1080 Ti supports
    Nvidia G-sync monitor, while AMD Radeon GPUs are meant for
    AMD Freesync™ Technology equipped monitor.

When you use GTX 1080 Ti GPU on a Freesync™ monitor, you will not be able to utilize the maximum refresh rate of your monitor (144 Hz/75 Hz), and you will only be able to utilize 60 Hz refresh rate (60 fps). It is possible
    that your GPU is having some trouble sending signal to your monitor 1, causing this issue. To troubleshoot
    "Signal Out of Range" or "Out of Range error", kindly refer to this

link

Let us know how things go.

Allan Mej, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

no BSOD, GPU stops sending signal to monitor after minutes of use

1. no BSOD, GPU stops sending signal to monitor after minutes of use - Similar Threads - BSOD GPU stops

2. Hello I bought a new gpu and after minutes using it my monitor goes no signal but the gpu...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I bought a new gpu and after minutes using it my monitor goes no signal but the gpu...: Hello I bought a new gpu and after minutes using it my monitor goes no signal but the gpu fan is spinning and also the integrated intel fan is also spinning how do i fix this? could it possibly the dvi port if it is then i should use hdmi cable but I must use vga to hmdi...
  3. Hello I bought a new gpu and after minutes using it my monitor goes no signal but the gpu...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello I bought a new gpu and after minutes using it my monitor goes no signal but the gpu...: Hello I bought a new gpu and after minutes using it my monitor goes no signal but the gpu fan is spinning and also the integrated intel fan is also spinning how do i fix this? could it possibly the dvi port if it is then i should use hdmi cable but I must use vga to hmdi...
  4. Hello I bought a new gpu and after minutes using it my monitor goes no signal but the gpu...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC stops sending signal to my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC stops sending signal to my monitor: I just checked the reliability history after my pc stopped sending signal to my monitor while I was playing, and it shows this error, how can I fix it?A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name:...
  6. My PC stops sending signal to my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC stops sending signal to my monitor: I just checked the reliability history after my pc stopped sending signal to my monitor while I was playing, and it shows this error, how can I fix it?A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name:...
  7. My PC stops sending signal to my monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. New GPU - No signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New GPU - No signal to monitor.: So a few weeks ago my GTX 550 Ti got faulty and wont do anything intensive so I decided to buy an RX 560 on eBay, the seller says he tested it and it worked for him. So I deleted the GTX drivers, shut computer down, put RX 560 in and started the computer up...nothing. The...
  9. PC stops sending signal to monitor, IMMEDIATELY after windows problem. Tried the power methods

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stops sending signal to monitor, IMMEDIATELY after windows problem. Tried the power methods: For some background: I didn't like the latest windows update as certain disc based games couldn't be read so I chose to go back to an odler version of windows. This in turn led to "CRITICAL SYSTEM FAILURE to restart" or words to that effect and "Error code: 0xc0000225"....
  10. No signal to monitor after couple minutes of use, screen freezes first

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal to monitor after couple minutes of use, screen freezes first: I'm having a problem with my R9 270x gpu. After a couple minutes of use, the screen will freeze and then my monitor will have no signal. I had this issue in windows 8; I now have windows 10. Everything is fine using an Nvidia gpu. I am using the latest amd drivers. I've also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu nvidia stops no signal