Windows 10: No button for bluetooth in action center

Discus and support No button for bluetooth in action center in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am brand new to Windows 10 Pro--have had it for just about a week on a Dell Optiplex. The documentation states that to turn on bluetooth,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joe Win Pro, Mar 5, 2018.

1. No button for bluetooth in action center

Hello,

I am brand new to Windows 10 Pro--have had it for just about a week on a Dell Optiplex. The documentation states that to turn on bluetooth, there should be a button in the action center on the bottom left corner of the taskbar.

I don't have this button--grayed out or otherwise. The documentation seems to state this is an issue with my bluetooth service or services--but not sure how to correct this.

Thank You,

Joe

:)

Joe Win Pro, Mar 5, 2018

2. bluetooth not working / not installed?

I have not buttons to turn on bluetooth. Not in action center, not in settings

David Paulson, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Does Windows 10 Home come with Blutooth ? Idont have a bluetooth button in action center and will not connect to a bluth tooth speaker

Idont have a bluetooth button in action center and will not connect to a bluth tooth speaker

DEAD HEAD 5510, Mar 5, 2018
  4. cbwilsha Win User

No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe, click Action Center Icon and click on All Settings. Click System, click Notification and Actions, click Add or remove Quick Actions, and turn Bluetooth ON. That will make it appear in the Action Center on your desktop. You can also turn it ON by going to All Settings, Devices, Bluetooth and Other, Bluetooth ON.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Mar 5, 2018
  5. Try3 Win User
    Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

No button for bluetooth in action center [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

• If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    • If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

Try3, Mar 6, 2018
  6. Try3 Win User
    Joe,

The Dell Optiplex 780 does not seem to come with either WiFi or Bluetooth. So you would only have Bluetooth if you had deliberately added a Bluetooth adapter or a combined WiFi-Bluetooth adapter.

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No button for bluetooth in action center

1. No button for bluetooth in action center - Similar Threads - button bluetooth action

2. Bluetooth Button in action center does not turn on bluetooth - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Button in action center does not turn on bluetooth - Windows 11: In Settings> Bluetooth and Devices, the Bluetooth slider is enabled. However, in the Taskbar Action Center, I cannot turn Bluetooth on. It is greyed out - when I click on it there is a brief animation, but it goes back to greyed out.Here is a brief video of what that looks...
  3. Bluetooth Button in action center does not turn on bluetooth - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Button in action center does not turn on bluetooth - Windows 11: In Settings> Bluetooth and Devices, the Bluetooth slider is enabled. However, in the Taskbar Action Center, I cannot turn Bluetooth on. It is greyed out - when I click on it there is a brief animation, but it goes back to greyed out.Here is a brief video of what that looks...
  4. Bluetooth button in action center Windows 11 doesn't turn on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth button in action center Windows 11 doesn't turn on bluetooth: I am using Windows 11 for the first time...I have the Bluetooth button in my action center. It is lit up blue at all times. I can turn it off if Bluetooth is on, but once I have done done the button does not work any more - I cannot turn my Bluetooth on by pressing it again.I...
  5. Bluetooth button in action center Windows 11 doesn't turn on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth button in action center Windows 11 doesn't turn on bluetooth: I am using Windows 11 for the first time...I have the Bluetooth button in my action center. It is lit up blue at all times. I can turn it off if Bluetooth is on, but once I have done done the button does not work any more - I cannot turn my Bluetooth on by pressing it again.I...
  6. BLUETOOTH IN ACTION CENTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLUETOOTH IN ACTION CENTER: i CANNOT FIND A PLACE TO PUT EXPAND TO SHOW BLUETOOTH TO BRING THE ICON UP TO TURN ON HOW DO I GET THE ICON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-in-action-center/cdb66d8f-3294-4953-9053-710a7ddd340c
  7. Bluetooth Action Center icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Action Center icon?: I have a Bluetooth icon in my taskbar, but I used to have one in Action Center which was more useful, but for some reason the Action Center square/icon has vanished? I have searched Settings and can find no way to restore this missing icon which I find more useful than the...
  8. Bluetooth Tile Present - Action Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Tile Present - Action Center: I'm not sure if this is the right place or if it should possible be network related... but for some reason, the "Bluetooth" tile is back in my Action Center, but I have zero Bluetooth devices on or installed. It was there after the latest build 10586, then I think the...
  9. Bluetooth Action Center icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Action Center icon: The Bluetooth icon is on in my Action Center but my computer does not have Bluetooth. This is interfering with my Wi-Fi speed. How do I turn off the icon when I do not even have Bluetooth capability on my computer? 41882
  10. Start button and action center button lose functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and action center button lose functionality: We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't shutdown correctly' (Safe Mode screen) never appeared and it seemed to boot normally. Ever since, even after a couple of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. action center bluetooth

2. no bluetooth icon in action center

3. add bluetooth to action center

4. bluetooth not in action center,
  5. where is action center bluetooth,
  6. action centre bluetooth,
  7. action centre bluetooth button,
  8. bluetooth not on actioncenter,
  9. turn on bluetooth action center,
  10. no bluetooth action center,
  11. install bluetooth in action center,