Windows 10: No caps lock sound

Discus and support No caps lock sound in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Dell xps13 Please read: In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys>"Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dangnad2, Dec 12, 2017.

1. dangnad2 Win User

No caps lock sound

Windows 10 Dell xps13

Please read: In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys>"Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock" it is *RolleyesON*Shock

I have had Caps Lock play a sound since day one of this laptop. It did work for awhile but it stopped and has never worked since.

How can I get this feature to work again.

:)

dangnad2, Dec 12, 2017
  2. limey226 Win User

How to release caps lock with shift key in windows10

And why when I have sounds enabled for caps lock ON, do I not get a sound prompt when I use the shift key to turn OFF caps lock?

limey226, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Keyboard sounds

I'm not a touch typist and sometimes don't realise that the caps lock is on. I know it makes a sound when "Caps Lock" key itself is pressed on or off but sometimes it is on from a previous time at the keyboard and I don't realise it. So is it possible
    to have the keyboard make a sound for each key pressed when Caps Lock is on so that I am warned that it is on?

Peter & SueLion, Dec 12, 2017
  4. dangnad2 Win User

No caps lock sound

I'm following up to my own post. This is NOT caps lock INDICATOR. That's on the keyboard.

I'm talking about ease of access/caps lock sound.

dangnad2, Dec 12, 2017
  5. Willabong Win User
    Don't know if this will work for you?

In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>next button under Toggle Keys is a button named "Turn on Toggle Keys" , if you enable this, you should be able to turn on and off the sound for Caps/Scroll/Num, by holding the "Num Lock" key for 5 seconds?

Willabong, Dec 12, 2017
  6. dangnad2 Win User
    Even though there is that setting in windows 10 ease of access, the Dell XPS-13 has no NumLock key.

dangnad2, Dec 13, 2017
  7. Willabong Win User
    Pressing "Fn" and "F11" simultaneously on the keyboard (hold them for 5 seconds) works on some Dell keyboards.

Another possibility is:- If your Dell laptop has a LOCK ICON on the keypad 9 key then someone has pressed [F3]+[9], try holding those keys for 5 seconds?

"F11" key may say "Num Lock" or may have an icon of a keypad.

Or try:- Go to the on screen keyboard (run as a program from the start menu), select the "options" key, then tick "turn on numeric key pad", then a NumLock button appears in the bottom right hand corner of the the on screen keyboard, click it to turn on num lock (remember hold for 5 seconds).

I hope one of these suggestions work for you?I

Willabong, Dec 13, 2017
  8. dangnad2 Win User

No caps lock sound

Thanks so much for giving it the good ol' college try Willabong but none of these methods worked. When I go to onscreen keyboard its caps lock key makes a click sound but that's it.

One other thing, my ESCape key has a Fn lock icon on it but pressing it 5 sec does nothing.

My *DevilDell XPS-13 laptop*Devil has been trouble-trouble-trouble from the very start in June of this year. Nothing works right.

I want the function keys to work as function keys but going into the BIOS to change that has changed nothing (many programs still utilize the function keys including Windows File Manager).

I cannot select my own tray icons to show, only the system tray icons show. Double click on desktop icons sometimes doesn't work. The battery runs down with the computer off; I have changed the power USB to off in the BIOS but it still runs down. Desktop icons keep rearranging themselves. The audio is flakey and Realtek HD Audio Manager is running but can't be accessed.

I haven't had any time to do anything useful on my laptop.

dangnad2, Dec 14, 2017
  9. Willabong Win User
    The fn key will only work in conjunction with another key! The idea is that the fn key when pressed with another key alters the function of the second key, as an example from a number key to a symbol key. Most laptops batteries will run down when the laptop is switched off (some quicker than others), I have 3 laptops and they all do this!
    Sorry but I can't think of anything else to try? Maybe someone else will find the answer and post?

PS: The fn key and F4 works on some Dell laptops, so if the Escape key has fn on it, then pressing that and holding it and the F4 key for 5 seconds may work?
    Make sure that the Toggle keys are on in Settings/Ease of Access first!

Willabong, Dec 14, 2017
  10. Willabong Win User
    As an alternative you can try: Overview CapsLock Indicator

This is a free Caps Lock indicator that shows the state of Caps/Num/Scroll in the system tray, and it also pops up a small label on your desktop for a second or two to show on or off. Sorry but none of the free caps loch utilities play a sound?

Willabong, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No caps lock sound

1. No caps lock sound - Similar Threads - caps lock sound

2. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  3. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  4. .Cap lock on

.Cap lock on: After update Cap button doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-on/d4d4cd06-71e0-4f34-b031-ef3c9053b168
  5. Caps lock sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock sound: I am playing minecraft and when i press caps lock and 2 other keys, it makes a beep. i have disabled sticky keys, toggle keys and all of those options. i cant find anyone with this problem. this is a new laptop and all the drivers and everything is updated. i cant find any...
  6. Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key

Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key: Before I throw my computer out the window can someone please tell me how I turn off keyboard sounds, in particular for the Caps Lock key. I have followed instructions here but they don't match up with my version of W10. I've included a screenshot of the screen I do have. What...
  7. Caps lock

Caps lock: Hi! My problem is that when i turn my caps lock on some letters are big some aren't , like this: HeLLO! I WaNT tO tALK AbOUT SoMeTHIng. i don't know why is like that and i don't know how to fix it....
  8. CAPS LOCK

CAPS LOCK: CAPSLOCK STUCK ON EVEN WHEN KEY SAYS IT IS DISABLED WHEN IN WORD DOCUMENT Able to use normal small case otherwise so not my key board. Any ideas? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/243a3c52-5759-4e85-ae6a-086683d94bec
  9. Caps lock

Caps lock: My new keyboard does not have an LED to indicate caps lock and nothing on the screen shows the status. How can I get a notification on the screen to show caps lock status? I don't have sound turned on because I don't want to disturb my disabled wife....
  10. No sound indication on cap lock.

No sound indication on cap lock.: Windows 10 version 1803 has just installed on my desktop computer. The only thing that appears to be missing is the sound when using the cap lock button. I have looked at settings,ease of access,keyboard,enable tone,which is enabled but still no tone. This also applys to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NO CAP LOCK SOUND