Windows 10: no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!

Discus and support no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really need help.. yesterday i gave in and decided to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.. due to many people telling me that all their files/apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vejichan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. vejichan Win User

no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!

I really need help.. yesterday i gave in and decided to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.. due to many people telling me that all their files/apps remained intact. I decided to just go ahead and upgrade to windows 10 without backing up(also i don't have an external harddrive) I also considered doing a clean install but fear of not having any backup/original files to install i decided to flat out upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 as is. Now once windows 10 was active on my pc.. all my installed apps became deauthorized and some didn't even show up. I decided to uninstall as many apps/files as possible ( i thought it is as close to a clean install as i can) than i spent 10 hours yesterday reinstalling the apps/files that i had. Some had problems and waiting for the developer to get back to me on the authorization codes. anyway I noticed windows 10 is faster etc.. but i have a few questions

1) keep getting a pop up of "there was a problem starting sbavmon.dll, the specified module could not be found"
    upon start up

2) is it ok/secure to use my e-mail to log in to my pc?

3) does it matter if i use 32 or 64 bit apps on windows 10? any difference

4) how can I improve/optimize and make my computer faster and more efficient for free(examples.. turning off background apps or anything else) suggestions?

here i attached pics of my pc specs and the problem

no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP! [​IMG]

no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP! [​IMG]

thanks

:)

vejichan, Jan 10, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

need help to find diagnose and fix random lock-ups/hangs in windows 10

Perhaps from a Clean Install of Windows 7 you can come through the upgrades and have a better functioning Windows 10?

Microsoft Will Now Let Windows 10 Upgraders Use Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Product Key to Activate

Microsoft Will Now Let Windows 10 Upgraders Use Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Product Key to Activate - Thurrott.com

Clean Install Windows 10

Clean Install Windows 10

Perhaps your machine would have benefitted from a Clean Install of Windows 10? That way it would not have to carry across the excess baggage from earlier Windows.

A Clean Install of Windows 10

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows-10/

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Linney, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Can anybody help me ?

Hi,

You have to clean install Windows 7.

How to do a clean install:

Clean Install Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

The only legal Windows 7 download available is now from Microsoft, as Microsoft has stopped DigitalRiver Windows 7 ISO downloads.

Softwaredownload

But Microsoft only provides these downloads for Windows 7 Retail Product Keys, not OEM preinstalled Product Keys (Dell, HP, etc).

If you have a Retail Windows 7 License and are having troubles at the above website, contact Microsoft using the Support option there.

If you have a preinstalled OEM License (Dell, HP, etc), contact your Computer Manufacturer to order Recovery Media which they should supply for a small cost, if they still have them available..

Or you can also borrow the exact same Retail Windows 7 Edition DVD and use your Product Key to reinstall.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jan 10, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

1) as a quick Web search would have shown you, sbavmon.dll Is part of a Creative Labs SoundBlaster driver/application set. You may want to re-install that.

2) I don't know if it's secure, but it's the usual.

3) 64 bit applications can access more RAM than 32 bit ones. If you need that, use them.

4) In Task Manager, there's a Startup tab. You can go there to stop some applications from loading at startup. There may be more and better ways to optimize Windows 10, but I think that's a relatively safe way.

bobkn, Jan 10, 2016
  5. vejichan Win User
    1) its a file or app i don't use anymore.. what should i do?
    3) is it ok to use 32bit? whats the advantage to 64 bit> specifically?
    4) ok done.. aside from done what are better ways to optimize Windows 10? any advice?

vejichan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP! - Similar Threads - clean install Please

2. Windows 7 installation please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 installation please help: Hello I tried installing from windows 11 to windows 7 trough my hdd and when I was installing it said it will let me keep windows 11 in “windows.old” so I agreed and I downloaded it now as I did it I have an error “the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  3. Windows 7 installation please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 installation please help: Hello I tried installing from windows 11 to windows 7 trough my hdd and when I was installing it said it will let me keep windows 11 in “windows.old” so I agreed and I downloaded it now as I did it I have an error “the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  4. clean install windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  5. clean install windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  6. Can't boot or install clean version of Windows 10. Please help!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot or install clean version of Windows 10. Please help!!!!: I was trying to install a clean version of Windows 10 earlier and I deleted all the previous partitions . When I clicked on "new" and set the volume , it was taking too long so I turned off my laptop with the power button. Now everything is super slow. It's slow to get to...
  7. Windows 7 to Windows 10 HELP PLEASE.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 HELP PLEASE.: I just paid Microsoft $150 to upgrade this computer from Windows 7 to 10. It seemed to have downloaded, but everything still says Windows 7. How do I get "10" to activate?...
  8. no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!

in Windows 10 Support
    no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!: ..now if I don't do a fresh install what do u suggest I do to get rid of the excess baggage and to make my pc as fresh as possible..how do I know which stuff to delete? And what can I do to improve the performance and optimize my pc to be more efficient? And is it a problem...
  9. Clean install help needed; Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10

Clean install help needed; Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10: Hi everybody; I downloaded the ISO for Windows 10 Home 32/64 bit and tried to do a clean install but it didn't accept my Windows 7 OEM key. Any idea anyone? I really do not like upgrades, always do clean install. Henk 20327
  10. Steps for clean install to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Steps for clean install to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello - I am about to move from Windows 7 64-bit pro to Windows 10 and after much reading I want to check that I have the steps correct. I would class myself as a computer literate user but far from expert and I have highlighted what I understand to be the right steps along...