Windows 10: no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!

Discus and support no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ..now if I don't do a fresh install what do u suggest I do to get rid of the excess baggage and to make my pc as fresh as possible..how do I know which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vejichan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. vejichan Win User

no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!

..now if I don't do a fresh install what do u suggest I do to get rid of the excess baggage and to make my pc as fresh as possible..how do I know which stuff to delete? And what can I do to improve the performance and optimize my pc to be more efficient? And is it a problem to always run 32 bit vsts and plugs on my 64bit system? What do I lose? Is there a difference?

:)

vejichan, Jan 10, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Do I need to install updates to Windows 7 sp1 prior to upgrading to windows 10?

You don't have to upgrade any further than SP1 to qualify for the free upgrade. From a technical standpoint, however, the more up to date Windows 7 is, the better your chances of success when upgrading to Windows 10.

But since you seem comfortable with a clean install, why not just clean install Windows 10? A clean install is always superior to an upgrade, and since the November upgrade you can perform a clean install with your Windows 7 product key.

BulldogXX, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows XP Pro?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

No, you cannot get a free upgrade to apply directly to the XP computer. Yes, you must install Windows 7 and then work through all its updates up & including SP1.
    Only when SP1 is installed will you qualify for the free upgrade to Windows 10. Your XP to 7 upgrade will be a full, clean installation.
    Your subsequent update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 will just be an update not a clean install.

You'd either need to upgrade to Windows 7 and then to Windows 10, or save your files to do a clean install of Windows booted from the DVD.

Cheers.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!

1. no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help! - Similar Threads - clean install upgrade

2. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?: If i install on my pc windows 7 pro and then upgrading to windows 10 pro does it like a clean windows 10 installation ?The reason is that i installed new clean windows 10 installation but since then i can't play battlefield bad company 2 it crash after the logo and there is...
  3. Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10: I have finally decided I need to upgrade to the latest version of windows but I am having a lot of trouble, it turns out that when my friend helped me (i am not good with computers) He gave me a pirated copy of windows 7 ultimate which is not activated. After trying to use...
  4. How to clean install Windows 10 with license from Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade?

How to clean install Windows 10 with license from Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade?: I have a PC that was previously running Windows 7 Enterprise, and a few years ago it was upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise using the free upgrade program. Is there a way to do a clean install on this machine without having the Windows 10 Enterprise KMS or MAK key? I no longer...
  5. Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10

Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10: My Dad said he wanted a fresh install of windows 10, he previously has upgraded from win 7 to 10. I have already prepared an installation media with the media creation tool but it was done on my old pc and I selected to upgrade for another pc / ISO creation rather than...
  6. I just upgraded from Windows 7, and now this is happening... (help)

I just upgraded from Windows 7, and now this is happening... (help): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Frickfries [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etfr8w/i_just_upgraded_from_windows_7_and_now_this_is/
  7. no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!: I really need help.. yesterday i gave in and decided to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.. due to many people telling me that all their files/apps remained intact. I decided to just go ahead and upgrade to windows 10 without backing up(also i don't have an external...
  8. Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.

Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.: I already upgraded to 10 but would like to do a clean install , it successfully activated . Thank you 16092
  9. Clean install of windows 10 on SSD when upgraded from win 7

Clean install of windows 10 on SSD when upgraded from win 7: I upgraded to windows 10 for free from windows 7. I want to buy an ssd to replace my hard drive and perform a fresh, clean install. How do I install windows 10 on my ssd without having to purchase? Is it possible? 82909
  10. Upgrade and clean install failed from Windows 7 pro

Upgrade and clean install failed from Windows 7 pro: Maybe someone can push me in the right direction to a fix ? Or should I buy a new computer? Today I decided to accept Microsoft's invitation to download and upgrade my windows 7 pro, unfortunately, it didn't go so smoothly as I had hoped it would! It downloaded ok and...