Windows 10: No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

Discus and support No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello first thank you, this is an odd problem, with no real place to be put. I have chosen BSOD because, I think it will have the best chance for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Douglas Kirk, May 6, 2018.

1. No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

Hello first thank you, this is an odd problem, with no real place to be put.

I have chosen BSOD because, I think it will have the best chance for success.

I have a

GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880

Using a dual boot with Linux I have messed up something with the UEFI bios or NVRAM

I initially added 3 crucial 256G SSD and created a super raid partition via the F2 bios setup.

Every was fine, until I started developing in Linux, my MSI was the last to be used, and it was great, the power.

I noticed after a few updates, and customizing of the grub boot, there were multiple additions to the list of possible partition in the F2 setup area that gives the list for the F11 display. I read something about this being a Linux issue, but it later found to happen with windows in UEFI 2.1 or something *Sad

I have tried many things, including remove the battery to reset the CMOS ram,

So I went back to the original setup and ran the original factory recovery disk and still the F2 and F11 function does not work.

Only a cursor appears on a black screen, with no response from the keyboard with either the F2 or F11 key is pressed.

Everything is based on the BCD data point to UEFI drivers in directories, So then I would assume that the F2 and F11 would point to something thus when the factory restore was done it would be recovered, but it is not.

When the problem first occurred, I was able to install a standard hard drive with a factory image on it, and all of a sudden F2 and F11 was working again, I was sure it was a file in one of the UEFI directories, but again something was done in resetting up my system with linux that seems to have lost it forever.

Where does the firmware file reside for the F2 and F11, how does it relate to the UEFI bios, there would be an entry in the BCD data for it.

Besides not having access to F2 the computer works fine.

But how does the new UEFI interact with the F2 key? Can someone point me to some documentation on this, The UEFI spec doesn't exspliciately say anything about F2, only the Windows Boot Loader

Help any ideas,

:)

Douglas Kirk, May 6, 2018
Thema:

No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

1. No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12 - Similar Threads - CMOS Setup boot

2. Dell Startup Bios Password Remval, F2 or F12 doesn't open up anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Startup Bios Password Remval, F2 or F12 doesn't open up anything.: A few weeks ago, I set up a bios password by going to the F2 bios menu and enabling it from there. However, nothing happens when I try to go back to that menu by pressing F2 or F12. Is there any other way to disable it, since I cannot go the the BIOS menu?...
  3. Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12)

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12): [img] I have tried all these and still can't get into BIOS setup or One-Time Boot Sequence. 1. First off, F2 or F12 does not work. 2. F2 right after the keyboard light comes on. 3. Continuous tapping of the F2 key, will cause the desktop not boot at all. 4. Continuous...
  4. Computer stuck on this screen. Can't hit f2 or f12 help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer stuck on this screen. Can't hit f2 or f12 help please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dumbthrowawayV2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghhuc5/computer_stuck_on_this_screen_cant_hit_f2_or_f12/
  5. CMOS setup utility disabled boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    CMOS setup utility disabled boot device: Greetings to the Windows 10 forum, I'm having a problem that I cannot resolve and there is very little to no information about this specific issue that I can find. About a week ago something corrupted my W10 system and I ended up in the blue screen where it presents you...
  6. Needing a password to enter f12 setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Needing a password to enter f12 setup: Hi! A couple of months ago my computer automatically did a Windows 10 update, something happened, it never updated and now is on a continual loop trying to restart to a previous version. When I press f12, I am asked for a password. I don't have one! I can't get into setup at...
  7. I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot

I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot: This morning I woke up to my PC on the blue screen with the startup repair options. I tried various things to get my PC to boot but it would always boot to this screen. Eventually I discovered that if I went into the boot manager on startup by pressing f12 and selecting the...
  8. Computer crashes when pressing F1, F2, F3, F11, or F12

Computer crashes when pressing F1, F2, F3, F11, or F12: Hi, Whenever I press the volume or brightness-related buttons, my laptop completely freezes, bluescreens, then attempts to restart. However, it freezes in the process of restarting, so I have to force shutdown either way. It has been like this for several weeks. Is there...
  9. No CMOS Setup when F2 pressed nor Boot Selection with F12

in Windows 10 Support
    No CMOS Setup when F2 pressed nor Boot Selection with F12: I have a GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880 Using a dual boot with Linux I have messed up something with the UEFI bios or NVRAM Every was fine, until I started developing in Linux, my MSI was the last to be used, and it was great, the...
  10. Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12: Greetings y'all! My title is my BLUF (bottom-line up front). If this belongs in a different sub-section of the forum, sorry in advance. I just did a clean install of 10 Pro from a UEFI formatted thumb drive, using RUFUS - did that because I upgraded to a PNY CS2211...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. neither f2 nor f12 during reboot of window 10 offer option to change boot from usb