Windows 10: no communication between computer and keyboard

Discus and support no communication between computer and keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell computer, W 10, is four days old and it suddenly stops communicating with the desktop. Logitech mouse still active and moves around on screen, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by guybc, Mar 6, 2016.

1. guybc Win User

no communication between computer and keyboard

Dell computer, W 10, is four days old and it suddenly stops communicating with the desktop. Logitech mouse still active and moves around on screen, but there are no letters written. Microsoft updates made no difference. switches are on and batteries new.
    Any suggestions?

:)

guybc, Mar 6, 2016

2. Printer issue, there was no communication between PC and Printer

Original title: laptop/printer issue

Hi everyone!

I have an HP ProBook 4430s and a Lexmark X2690 All-in-One Printer. A few weeks ago, my laptop and I went away for about a week, which left my printer disconnected. When I returned, I did my usual and plugged my printer's USB Cable into my laptop. When
    I tried to print a document, I got an error stating there was no communication between PC and Printer and listed a series of things to double check. Everything was connected properly and securely but I kept getting that same message. I then completely uninstalled
    and reinstalled my printer and got the following error message:

• Incorrect Port Detected
    • Print Job Canceled
    • This printer is designed to work with USB Cables only.
    • The current software setting is not set to USB Port.
      • Make sure using USB Cable.
      • Make sure printer is set to a USB Port.
    I have been confused since this printer issue started a few weeks ago. Through the Lexmark Productivity Studio, my laptop can communicate with the printer to scan a document but not print. I have also noticed the USB Virtual Printer Port is no longer showing
    in the list of ports.

I did nothing out of the ordinary when I reconnected my printer to my laptop after that week away. I have considered one of the Windows 10 Updates possibly being the cause of all this but just don't know.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts as to what is going on with this equipment? I really need some help here.

Thank you!!

MelindaChristy, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Printer issue, there was no communication between PC and Printer

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi guybc and welcome to Tenforums.
    I assume the keyboard is wireless? I believe it connects using a USB adapter, right? If so, can you try plugging that adapter into a different USB port? If it's Bluetooth, have you tried re-pairing it with the system? Being that it's only 4 days old, have you called Dell Tech Support for troubleshooting, to see if it may be defective?

simrick, Mar 6, 2016
  5. guybc Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned that I replaced the original keyboard and mouse with a superior one, but no improvement. I tried all four USB slots. I can't tell if the keyboard is Bluetooth and can find no information on that. The Wifi signal is not good in my study, but the computer is hard-wired to the router in another room.
    I had a couple of working days before the problem started, but it has just occurred to me that the low wifi might be the trouble, so am off to find a wired keyboard. Will let you know the result!

guybc, Mar 6, 2016
  6. guybc Win User
    A wired keyboard does not solve the problem which seems to be in the computer.
    I will get in line to ask the question of Dell.

guybc, Mar 6, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Oh! Sounds like a USB problem....let us know what happens.

simrick, Mar 6, 2016
  8. guybc Win User

Four hours on the 'phone to Dell! They were very helpful and were able to correct a problem in the computer.

guybc, Mar 7, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Great, so what did they do exactly? Drivers?

simrick, Mar 7, 2016
  10. guybc Win User
    They took over the computer. Drivers were OK. The actual problem was not found, but during their manipulation of my account, the keyboard started to work, so they gave me a new account name, and deleted the old. Black magic, but the keyboard still works.

guybc, Mar 7, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    So they created a new account for you, and it was then working, so they deleted the old one. Amazing. Windows 10 never ceases to amaze me. *Wink
    Glad you got it sorted! *Thumbs Thanks for posting the resolution; maybe someone else will be helped by this in the future.

Please go ahead and mark the thread "solved" in the upper-left. Thanks.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. no communication between computer and keyboard - Similar Threads - communication between computer

2. Communications between the computer and my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Communications between the computer and my printer: Split from this thread. A recent update for Windows 11, has affected communications between the computer and my printer. I have spoken with Epson and HP and it is nothing on their end that is causing the issue. I have been directed by them to make contact with MS to correct...
  3. Communications between the computer and my printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Communications between the computer and my printer: Split from this thread. A recent update for Windows 11, has affected communications between the computer and my printer. I have spoken with Epson and HP and it is nothing on their end that is causing the issue. I have been directed by them to make contact with MS to correct...
  4. Communication between VS 2005 and 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Communication between VS 2005 and 2019: Hello, I have to code which was written in VS 2005 and is not possible to convert it to 2019. The code does not work after VS 2005 versions. I have another code in VS 2019. I want to transfer data from one version to another version continuously. The data transfer can be...
  5. Keyboard layout syncing between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard layout syncing between computers: Hi, I have 2 computers, one is AZERTY the other is QWERTY. However the setting is applied to my QWERTY computer gets transferred to my AZERTY one so my keys don't match, is there somewhere I can log in to my account but not make the keyboard layout sync between the two?...
  6. slow communication between computer with RemoteDesktop and other computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow communication between computer with RemoteDesktop and other computer: I use Mikrotik as a router and I join to my work computer from my home computer by remote desktop Windows 10. This connection is too slow and reconnects and connects all time. But there is not any problem with internet connection...
  7. wireless keyboard no communication

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless keyboard no communication: I cannot get my microsoft 5050 keyboard to work but the mouse works fine. I have reinstalled the driver, check bluetooth....nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-keyboard-no-communication/05fd74e0-3488-4fef-b3ff-7237d124e3db
  8. Ethernet communication between two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet communication between two computers: Hello, I am having trouble completing the circuit for two way ethernet communication. I have a laptop running windows 10 home connected via ethernet to a desktop running windows 10 pro. I am able to access files on my desktop through my laptop via ethernet. However, I am...
  9. Unexpected communication between desktop and laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unexpected communication between desktop and laptop: I bought a new Dell windows 10 laptop. When it had completed setting up it displayed the same screen image that I use on on my windows 10 desktop computer. I changed the laptop display and now my desktop has taken that image. WHen doing this only one ocmputer was turned on at...
  10. Learning about communication between 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Learning about communication between 2 laptops: I have a 3 year old laptop running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. It is having some issues that had me purchase a new laptop. I'll call the old laptop A and the new one B. A and B have both been set up with the same Microsoft account. The network settings for both of...