Windows 10: No connection to monitor.

Discus and support No connection to monitor. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am cleaning out and setting up an old-ish PC and whenever I connect it to my TV or Monitor it says either "No Input to TV" or it is just black when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by partians, Jan 20, 2016.

1. partians Win User

No connection to monitor.

I am cleaning out and setting up an old-ish PC and whenever I connect it to my TV or Monitor it says either "No Input to TV" or it is just black when I turn it on, I am using VGA to connect it, I tried with a GTX 650 and with just the built in graphics, and still no luck, any reason why?

:)

partians, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Argel Obm Win User

connection to tv monitor

Hi,

Your computer needs to have an HDMI port so that you can connect it to the TV using an HDMI cable. If your computer has an HMDI, connect it to the TV and change the input of the TV to the HDMI slot that you've used. The TV will automatically display the
    contents of your computer. If you're using the TV as a second monitor, the contents that you're seeing on the main screen will also show on the TV. You can change the projection type by simultaneously pressing the Windows key and letter R on your keyboard.
    Once you're pressed these buttons, select the projection type that you want.

If you have an issue connecting your computer to the TV, kindly provide us more information about it for us to better understand your concern.

Regards.

Argel Obm, Jan 20, 2016
  3. connection to tv monitor

need help to connection to tv monitor with hdmi adaptor

NARENDRA1943, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Private Win User

How about attach that monitor/TV to other PCs or laptops, see if it still works?

Private, Jan 20, 2016
  5. partians Win User
    I have, the monitor(s) I use are being occupied by my current set up, my TV works with my xbox etc..

partians, Jan 20, 2016
  6. Private Win User
    If it's not the monitor and the graphics adapter, it could be the power issue. Might be the cable fittings, loosen connections etc or the motherboard itself broken.

If this PC never been turned on for a long period, how about reset the BIOS to defaults.

Private, Jan 20, 2016
  7. partians Win User
    Hopefully the MOBO hasn't been fried, and I can't even get to the BIOS as the screen doesn't show up..

partians, Jan 20, 2016
  8. robgr Win User

Does any other monitor work with the PC (assuming you're in a position to try)
    Can you try a different cable?
    Are you connecting the monitor to an on-board VGA or an external GPU?
    Sometimes BIOS settings can be set to use one or the other, be sure what you're doing reflects this setting

robgr, Jan 20, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Did you Turn TV on while that input is selected before you plug it in the computer or start it ?

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No connection to monitor. - Similar Threads - connection monitor

2. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  3. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  4. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  6. Monitor connection issue

Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  7. Computer monitor isn’t connecting to PC

Computer monitor isn’t connecting to PC: I factory reset my windows 11 PC. After the first restart, the one that happens whenever you first start factory resetting your pc, the pc came back on and will not connect to the monitor to show its progress of resetting. My keyboard and mouse are glowing as if they’re...
  8. Computer monitor isn’t connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer monitor isn’t connecting to PC: I factory reset my windows 11 PC. After the first restart, the one that happens whenever you first start factory resetting your pc, the pc came back on and will not connect to the monitor to show its progress of resetting. My keyboard and mouse are glowing as if they’re...
  9. HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...: HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost and monitor shut downit happened after updating windows-11 ith regular updates. maybe there is a connection...
  10. HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...

HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is...: HDMI monitor shows the computer start-up, but once Windows-11 starts the HDMI connection is lost and monitor shut downit happened after updating windows-11 ith regular updates. maybe there is a connection...