Windows 10: No controller working

Discus and support No controller working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I just registered because I'm having problems with my controllers. My XBOX 360 controller stopped working. I've had my share of driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andreas798, Apr 14, 2016.

1. No controller working

Hi there,
    I just registered because I'm having problems with my controllers.
    My XBOX 360 controller stopped working. I've had my share of driver problems, but i since then resolved it and used it for months without any problem, and now it shows correctly in the driver manager tab. I've also uninstalled them, reboot and reinstalled them again, so that can't be the problem.
    While showing in the control panel, it isn't in the ''set up game controller'' one, and no game seems to recognize it.
    On the other hand, I've tried my old PS2 controller adapter, and while it does show in game controller it doesn't really work either, so the problem must be with how my computer handles them.
    None of these show in DS3 tool.
    Is there anyone able to help me? I really want to play Dark Souls 3!!
    PS:I use a Plug and charge cable to attach the gamepad to the PC.

EDIT
    Ok, I did manage to make the PS2 one work, so the problem is specifically with the 360 one

:)

Andreas798, Apr 14, 2016
  2. Tak1 Win User

Xbox One controller no longer working for various games

Common symptoms include the L stick always staying left and the triggers not working.

This has happened for me in games like Ori and the Blind Forest and Oddworld: New n' Tasty.

They used to work just fine with the same controller on Windows 8.1.

Another thing is the controller no longer rumbles when connected like it used to do.

This problem can be replicated easily on any system running Windows 10 and using an Xbox One controller connected with a micro USB cable. It occurs on three different devices I have tested.

3. Xbox One controller no longer working for various games

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would like to suggest that you re-direct you query to xbox support as they will be able to resolve your issue in a more effecient manner. Please click on the link provided below to redirect your issue.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/?xr=shellnav

Hope this information helps.

Regards.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 14, 2016
Thema:

No controller working

1. No controller working - Similar Threads - controller working

2. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  3. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  4. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10: I have a liscened version of windows 10 and cannot use my xbox one wireless controller i just bought. Im connected via usb-c cable and it is not being registered by windows. Ive downloaded the xbox accessories app and it does not appear and can not find it under device...
  5. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10: I have a liscened version of windows 10 and cannot use my xbox one wireless controller i just bought. Im connected via usb-c cable and it is not being registered by windows. Ive downloaded the xbox accessories app and it does not appear and can not find it under device...
  6. Newly bought xbox one controller not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC: Holy **** I've never though I'd have so many freaking problems connecting a MICROSOFT DEVICE to a MICROSOFT PRODUCT.I have windows 10I have a fully bluetooth and wifi capable motherboardI have the xbox accesories app and I updated the firmwareWhen I pair it to windows, it...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC: Holy **** I've never though I'd have so many freaking problems connecting a MICROSOFT DEVICE to a MICROSOFT PRODUCT.I have windows 10I have a fully bluetooth and wifi capable motherboardI have the xbox accesories app and I updated the firmwareWhen I pair it to windows, it...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...

Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...: Recently I was playing a game on Game pass and I ran into a random blue screen, before I could see what the exact words were on the BSOD my computer automatically restarted.When I booted my PC again it would not detect my WIFI at all with only flight mode being available to...