Windows 10: no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding

Discus and support no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The cursor stopped appearing on the screen and the touchpad isn't responding.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sue1988, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Sue1988 Win User

no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding

The cursor stopped appearing on the screen and the touchpad isn't responding.

:)

Sue1988, Aug 24, 2018

2. Hanging cursor

Hi,

There are several reasons why the cursor doesn't respond. One of which is due to a faulty pointing device. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does the whole system freeze or just the cursor?
    • Are you using the laptop's touchpad or an external pointing device?
    • Were there any changes made to your laptop prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Aug 24, 2018
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 24, 2018
  4. no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding

1. no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding - Similar Threads - cursor appearing touchpad

2. My touchpad cursor is not being responded to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad cursor is not being responded to: After downloading a touchpad driver on my computer, using A Windows Driver One app, my cursor stopped working and I could not get into my computer to fix it. I got a USB mouse pointer and finished the download of the touchpad driver and my cursor came back on screen and I...
  3. My touchpad cursor is not being responded to

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touchpad cursor is not being responded to: After downloading a touchpad driver on my computer, using A Windows Driver One app, my cursor stopped working and I could not get into my computer to fix it. I got a USB mouse pointer and finished the download of the touchpad driver and my cursor came back on screen and I...
  4. My touchpad cursor is not being responded to

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keyboard and cursor not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and cursor not responding: Please I need help... I just updated my keyboard driver only for me to restart my PC, my cursor is not showing and my keyboard is not responding my PC is password protected so no way for me to finish boot and access device and drivers...
  6. CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD

CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD: I cannot locate my cursor and it seems my touch pad is not functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-touchpad/efb358d4-68bd-4029-b035-dd31c097f31a
  7. touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Terrarian03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaxnlx/touchpad_not_responding_this_appears_very_briefly/
  8. touchpad isn't responding!

touchpad isn't responding!: My touchpad suddenly stopped responding, but the external mouse is working fine. I tried force shut down but after sometime it again stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-isnt-responding/142bbdb0-c209-4dc6-9bec-05db069e3db7
  9. TouchPad is not responding

TouchPad is not responding: Hi Microsoft team, I have been using my touchpad every day and now since 1h I cannot use it anymore and not even sure I can find it in the Device Manager. I can use my keyboard but not the touchpad I can use my USB/bluetooth mouse tho. Would you mind to advise me or how...
  10. touchpad not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad not responding: Now i have tried restarting my computer, updating and i even reset it but still my touchpad is unresponsive. I followed every youtube video on the subject which was difficult, since the my Hp computers setting seemed to have deleted the touchpad/clickpad from its setting and...