Windows 10: no desktop background

Discus and support no desktop background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, today when i booted up i noticed ive no desktop background, i can cycle through backgrounds and i can see borders changing color but my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DR3WST3R, Aug 6, 2015.

1. DR3WST3R Win User

no desktop background

Hi, today when i booted up i noticed ive no desktop background, i can cycle through backgrounds and i can see borders changing color but my desktop stays black, ran sfc /scannow which it found/fixed errors but nothing to do with my issue, rebooted, ran ccleaner, still broken

:)

DR3WST3R, Aug 6, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

all apps went to desktop

Is this the Desktop or is the background of the Start scree the desktop background?

Did you set Start to full screen? If you did when you choose All apps they show listed with the Desktop in the background.

lacrumb, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Phuyu Win User
    Desktop background

Hello, thanks for the help. I now have just finished with the three optiones and the problem remains unsolved. Is it another thing I can try?

Thanks.

Phuyu, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

no desktop background

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  5. DR3WST3R Win User
    Hi, many thanks, issue sorted, any idea what could of made the change as ive touched nothing yesterday only game then found the issue on boot, but many thanks again

DR3WST3R, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

If you installed any 3rd party all-in-one tweaking utility type programs, it could have easily set it.

Otherwise, I suppose it may have been set by mistake.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

no desktop background

1. no desktop background - Similar Threads - desktop background

2. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  3. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  4. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  5. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  6. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...: OK, so I have 3 monitors with 3 different background images. all Jpeg files. Every time I update my Nvidia 3060 drivers, I update manually and just download the current driver needed. While downloading the monitors go black and flicker a few times then my main monitors...
  7. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...: OK, so I have 3 monitors with 3 different background images. all Jpeg files. Every time I update my Nvidia 3060 drivers, I update manually and just download the current driver needed. While downloading the monitors go black and flicker a few times then my main monitors...
  8. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?: Hello. Sometimes when using my computer I experience a weird bug where my desktop background turns green. It covers my desktop icons and when I highlight my desktop. If I snap windows to the sides of my monitor, it will usually turn fully green. I've done /sfc scannow and it...
  10. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?: Hello. Sometimes when using my computer I experience a weird bug where my desktop background turns green. It covers my desktop icons and when I highlight my desktop. If I snap windows to the sides of my monitor, it will usually turn fully green. I've done /sfc scannow and it...