Windows 10: No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia

Discus and support No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop that is running windows 10. The problem is that i cannot get my display to allow me to access a TV using the HDMI port or using the VGA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RevDrwhbjr, Aug 26, 2018.

1. No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia

I have a laptop that is running windows 10. The problem is that i cannot get my display to allow me to access a TV using the HDMI port or using the VGA port. What is wrong?

:)

RevDrwhbjr, Aug 26, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

1080p tv wont display properly with computer

I know what's happening: the TV is overscanning the display and this is usually something changeable. I agree that it will look terrible overscanned.

There will be a button on the remote or menu option somewhere that allows you to change the aspect ratio. It should have several settings which you step through and one of them should map the display 1:1 to the computer's output. On the TV I had, the appropriate setting was called "Full", but all TV's are different.

qubit, Aug 26, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User

Forgot all about that option, could be that it zoomed too

Hopefully he finds it *Smile No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia :).

AsRock, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia

then like me, you have a 1366x768 resolution TV.

the 'supports 1080p' is a marketing trick, your TV does not support it fully.

Mussels, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia

1. No Display from Computer to TV or Multimedia - Similar Threads - Display Computer Multimedia

2. Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen: This is really an odd one. I have TVs connected to my network and I have no problem casting what I am seeing on my computer screen to any of the TVs. Thank you, Chrome. I would like to do the reverse. I would like to take whatever is displaying on my TV and show it on my...
  3. Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen: This is really an odd one. I have TVs connected to my network and I have no problem casting what I am seeing on my computer screen to any of the TVs. Thank you, Chrome. I would like to do the reverse. I would like to take whatever is displaying on my TV and show it on my...
  4. Redirecting a TV display to a computer screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. two tv's display from one laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    two tv's display from one laptop: How can I make my two TV's view the same thing from my laptop by using wi-fi without HDMI cord? I can get one to work, but not both of them. 159184
  6. two tv's display from one laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    two tv's display from one laptop: How can I make my two TV's view the same thing from my laptop by using wi-fi without HDMI cord? I can get one to work, but not both of them. 159184
  7. Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV: I have a Dell laptop that was running Windows 7 yesterday. I connected the laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and everything that appeared on the laptop display also appeared on the TV. Control remained with the laptop. Unfortunately, when I called up a streaming news...
  8. Play movies from Computer to TV

in Windows 10 Support
    Play movies from Computer to TV: This is my last question for the day. My setup is like this VGA cord from computer with Windows 10 to monitor and HDMI cord from computer to TV. I have watched several tutorials (not on this site, If there is one let me know). I have tried to follow the instructions, but I...
  9. TV Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Display: How to I connect Windows 10 laptop to display on TV using HDMI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/tv-display/085a18f1-272e-4af9-9b99-30df070b7dbc
  10. Stop it from reassigning multimedia file types to Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop it from reassigning multimedia file types to Movies and TV?: After installing the 64 bit version of Potplayer (the best performing player I've found for HEVC) and checking the options to assign all video types to it, Windows 10 threw a bit of a hissy fit. It proclaimed there was a "problem" and reassigned ALL audio and video file...