Windows 10: No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode

Discus and support No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 3 monitors connected to dual NVIDIA GeForce GT640 video cards. The MB is ASRock Z77 Professional-M with Intel i3-3220 @3.3ghz Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by riqrat, Jan 26, 2016.

1. riqrat Win User

No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode

I have 3 monitors connected to dual NVIDIA GeForce GT640 video cards.

The MB is ASRock Z77 Professional-M with Intel i3-3220 @3.3ghz

Windows 10 Professional 64.

When I manually put the system to sleep and come back later in the day and tap the spacebar to start the system back up again, the system spins up but I have no display. It seems the only way to get it back is to power down and back up again.

Any ideas?

TIA

:)

riqrat, Jan 26, 2016

2. Display 1 of 2 switches to VGA mode when system comes out of sleep mode.

In my case, I lose VGA and it switches to the MWDA ready screen. I use Presentation mode to keep the display from turning off. (E.g. via Mobility Center (Win-x b) or PresentationSettings.exe).

BTW I'm using VGA instead of HDMI because the HDMI support just seems to be getting worse for both video and audio.

It seems to be by design to "save power" and usability doesn't matter--for anything.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Display 1 of 2 switches to VGA mode when system comes out of sleep mode.

After the January 2017 updates, my #1 display switches to VGA mode when the system is brought out of sleep mode (no hibernation mode used). I have to turn the display off and on to get it back to its previous settings. The desktop icons are all screwed up
    but I have an app that restores them correctly.

My system is a clone custom built desktop computer with 2 Dell U2713H displays using Windows 10 (non-Insider version) with all updates installed.

Rocky

Rocky Lane, Jan 26, 2016
  4. riqrat Win User

No replies? I had hoped that Win 10 has been out long enough for someone to have seen this problem (and cured it).

I'm still having this same problem and do not have a clue what to do.

:-(*Sad

riqrat, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Display System Comes

2. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  3. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  4. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode: Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is...
  5. Why does my system not come out of sleep mode

Why does my system not come out of sleep mode: Why does my system not come out of sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/dac55c0a-3416-4979-b9ab-cbe2745ddd79
  6. Display resolution always changes when system comes out of sleep mode

Display resolution always changes when system comes out of sleep mode: Since recently upgrading to the most recent version of Windows 10, my system always changes my display to 1024 x 768 rather than the recommended resolution. That's annoying enough, but then it doesn't let me access the resolution setting under Scale and layout. The only way...
  7. Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode: In the past couple weeks, my PC had started rebooting itself whenever it comes out of sleep mode. Before, it resumed wherever you were when it went to sleep. Now, it automatically reboots and takes you though the 5 minutes start up process before you can enter your PIN....
  8. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  9. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...