Windows 10: No Drivers Work Right With PowerColor RX 470

Discus and support No Drivers Work Right With PowerColor RX 470 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since I built my computer, I've been getting BSODs, Freezing, Hanging, and Crashing. All of the BSOD errors were VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (Caused my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chromiumed, Jan 5, 2017.

1. No Drivers Work Right With PowerColor RX 470

Ever since I built my computer, I've been getting BSODs, Freezing, Hanging, and Crashing. All of the BSOD errors were VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (Caused my atikmpag.sys). I tried everything that I could think of, update Windows, update AMD drivers, update BIOS, update ALL drivers, memtest, chkdsk, sfc, HDD tests, DDU, check for overheating, and more. I think that I solved most of that problem though, I installed the drivers provided my PowerColor on their website, and haven't gotten any more BSODs, but it's only been about 12 hours, only time will tell. After installing the PowerColor drivers, I was greeted by another strange issue, constant screen flickering. I got the screen flickering using 2 different PowerColor drivers, the one I got off their website, and the one on the disk that came with it. After about an hour of fiddling around in the settings, I found the culprit; my display was set to 144hz. My monitor can display 144hz just fine, and the AMD drivers let me use 144hz on my monitor. It doesn't flicker on any thing lower than 144hz though, such as 120hz, 75hz, 60hz, etc. I'm glad that it's no longer crashing, but I'd really like to get the full potential out of my monitor, but I can settle for 120hz until I find a fix. Is there any way to fix this? I DID try to update the monitor drivers, but that didn't change anything. Also, I did reseat my GPU, rotated the RAM sticks, and secured connections in my computer, but that didn't fix the flickering, but I haven't checked if it got rid of the BSODs on AMD drivers, as I had already installed the PowerColor drivers, do you think it's worth checking?

:)

Chromiumed, Jan 5, 2017
  2. Ethan B. Win User

Green Pixels Flashing on screen

Hey Voltage,

Yikes, that's indicative of hardware failure. Depending on how new you got it, I'd call your original vendor that provided you with the Radeon RX 470 (especially if you built this computer), and get them to RMA (or replace) your Radeon RX 470. Be it PowerColor,
    MSI, or XFX, I'd recommend you go to your respective manufacturer's site and get it RMA'd.

Otherwise, I'd recommend you update your BIOS/UEFI firmware before you consider an RMA. Also, if you have another graphics card lying around, try that as well.

If this is not a custom built computer that you've made, forget what I just said above and consider a warranty request through the original manufacturer from where you got it from.

Good luck.

Ethan B., Jan 5, 2017
  3. Code 10

Thank you. I am using

ASUS B250 MINING EXPERT LGA1151

with

ASUS Mining RX 470

the underlying GPU is made by AMD.

MarcusF_816, Jan 5, 2017
  4. No Drivers Work Right With PowerColor RX 470

I think you need an SSD for your OS as if you are using the 1tb drive it could be bottlenecking the mb/s to reach 144hz as in rendering speed through the CPU ?

you can use your 1tb for all software ect as this loads faster if it is not the OS.

RoadBlaster, Jan 5, 2017
  5. But the thing is, I was getting 144hz perfectly fine with the AMD drivers, but after switching to the PowerColor drivers, it starts flickering with 144hz.

Also, I've NEVER heard anything about 144hz being restricted by only having a SSD.

EDIT: Weird... Just changed the settings back to 144hz, and it works with no flickering.

Chromiumed, Jan 5, 2017
  6. Yes, but a mechanical hard drive is such old tech to use as the OS system, so the CPU is having to wait for hard drive begin sending data before it continues with frame rendering causing the bottle neck as the hard drive is the really slow part of the OS.

SSD is 10 times faster at loading & reading as there is no mechanical arm swinging across the disk, before you look at any other problem get an SSD what ever size you want ?

Don't try copying across you OS on the SSD do a fresh clean install with the latest Crimson drivers for your GPU.

RoadBlaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Drivers Work Right With PowerColor RX 470

1. No Drivers Work Right With PowerColor RX 470 - Similar Threads - Drivers Right PowerColor

2. Soundblaster Rx doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Soundblaster Rx doesn't work: I uninstalled and reinstalled. I tried to put a better card in but it didn't fit. So after reinstalling Windows 11 can't use the soundcard. Or the onboard audio....
  3. Rx 460 driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rx 460 driver error: Hi all ! I have Rx 460 and I just want update drivers I updated and when I shutdown pc I got BSOD with critical process died error I turn on pc I start playing FNAF 3 AND NEED FOR SPEED I got big lags the next day I Just Want Connect 2 monitors I connected and I got nothing...
  4. Rx 460 driver error

Rx 460 driver error: Hi all ! I have Rx 460 and I just want update drivers I updated and when I shutdown pc I got BSOD with critical process died error I turn on pc I start playing FNAF 3 AND NEED FOR SPEED I got big lags the next day I Just Want Connect 2 monitors I connected and I got nothing...
  5. canon mp 470 printer driver for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    canon mp 470 printer driver for windows 10: I have tried every compatible mode for this printer without success. Is there a Canon MP470 driver available for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mp-470-printer-driver-for-windows-10/a9979257-39db-40aa-97bd-f0e41c5486fa
  6. canon mp 470 printer driver for windows 10

canon mp 470 printer driver for windows 10: I have tried every compatible mode for this printer without success. Is there a Canon MP470 driver available for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mp-470-printer-driver-for-windows-10/a9979257-39db-40aa-97bd-f0e41c5486fa
  7. canon mp 470 printer driver for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. what i think is Driver Error for the PowerColor AMD Radeon rx 5700

what i think is Driver Error for the PowerColor AMD Radeon rx 5700: PC Specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/36jms6Mi6iH1KRsf8QT1RHp DMP Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yos4vj8w45ekm4o/AABpCmeL_pwYGNtYL3jThJF6a?dl=0 I am currently on AMD Radeon version 19.11.3, after attempting a previously unstable version. Before then, I was on...
  9. Help? Please... (Graphics Chipset: Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help? Please... (Graphics Chipset: Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics): I cleaned all of my drivers and i still get this... why is this a problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-graphics-chipset-radeon-tm-rx-470/8669b1a7-3c00-4bc1-8749-5ed6c5ff5708
  10. HP Z600 with AMD RX 470 graphics card - screen freezing in Windows 10

HP Z600 with AMD RX 470 graphics card - screen freezing in Windows 10: I just got an HP Z600 and installed an RX 470 card (with drivers). I have the latest BIOS (Mar 2018). Windows 10 is installed. When at BIOS screen (sitting on it for a while) or DOS (e.g. running memtest86 memory check) everything works fine, but when Windows is running the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem on powercolor rx470

2. how to get rx 470 to work with windows