Windows 10: No drives that work with Storage spaces...

Discus and support No drives that work with Storage spaces... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was trying to create using USB drives and despite trying different types of drives I kept getting the error above that no drives that work with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markinhfx, Aug 4, 2017.

1. markinhfx Win User

No drives that work with Storage spaces...

I was trying to create using USB drives and despite trying different types of drives I kept getting the error above that no drives that work with storage spaces available... However when I google creating storage spaces it says that usb drives work.... How can this be fixed? Hoping I have posted in the correct forum... if not I apologize in advance...
    Thanks
    Mark

:)

markinhfx, Aug 4, 2017
  2. Sam___ Win User

Storage Spaces with External Drives

The meta data about the pool is stored on all the drives that make up the pool. When you connect the disks to another computer the pool will be recreated. You can actually test this functionality with a single disk and setting up a 'simple' storage space
    using any external HDD.

-Sam

Sam___, Aug 4, 2017
  3. Storage Spaces with External Drives

I am considering getting an external enclosure for multiple HDDs and then using Storage Spaces to create a simple pool so it will be usable as one large space. My question is: if I connect this enclosure to another computer, how will that work? Will the
    other computer recognize the pool? Or will it show up as multiple drives? Not work at all? I don't currently have an easy way to test this right now and would appreciate anyone's experiences setting up a pool with external drives and then using them on another
    PC. Thanks!

nfrsbmschmck, Aug 4, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Some problems I've seen with External USB drives is they don't always get the same drive letter after being removed then attached again, could be Storage Spaces is one on of those programs. Have you tried using Disk Management to assign a specific letter to the drive? Might also be helpful to use the same USB port each time.

Berton, Aug 4, 2017
  5. markinhfx Win User
    Great suggestion, unfortunately it did not work...... Hoping someone has an idea....

markinhfx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No drives that work with Storage spaces... - Similar Threads - drives Storage spaces

2. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces drive missing: My storage spaces "two-way mirror" pool has lost one of the drives after using the drive individually in another PC. The drive shows up as green and "okay", but none of the updated files are on it and it doesn't show up when connected alone. When running recovery software...
  3. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces drive missing: My storage spaces "two-way mirror" pool has lost one of the drives after using the drive individually in another PC. The drive shows up as green and "okay", but none of the updated files are on it and it doesn't show up when connected alone. When running recovery software...
  4. Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces

Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces: If I create a Storage Space and create mirrored drives, does Storage Spaces alert me if one drive fails, or would Windows allow me to continue using the system blindly until both drives fail?...
  5. Storage Space of C Drive

Storage Space of C Drive: I am facing a serious issue, my C Drive is getting full automatically, even after I clean-up temporary files and other unwanted stuffs. Please tell me some points to resolve this issue...
  6. Storage Space not working

Storage Space not working: The issue/challenge/problem I have regards use of W10 Pro Storage Space · Historically my desktop PC has a 250Gb SSD for all programs & a pair of 1Tb HDD’s for data storage, the latter pair were set up in a mirror format; for a variety of reasons the mirroring was...
  7. Storage space in Drive C

Storage space in Drive C: How do you increase the storage space in Drive C? I have added a new disk to my laptop creating an extra drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-in-drive-c/6e415259-4f48-4d7d-a703-2a5df41589fe"
  8. Hard drive storage space

Hard drive storage space: What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and I want to know what the limit is that windows can recognize and use at any given time. I contacted support and was told the...
  9. Drive storage out of space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive storage out of space: On updating Windows 10, drive C is out of space. How i can dissolve this matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-storage-out-of-space/929f282e-daf5-4d64-ad32-205e95480f2a
  10. Drive characteristics for Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive characteristics for Storage Spaces: Going through Hell with Win10. Installed my dual 2TB drives, formatted them, and tried to create a mirrored Storage Space. System claimed "No drives that work with Storage Spaces are available." So I used the mirrored RAID system instead. But every folder I create is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no drives that work with storage spaces

2. how to fix no drivers that work with storage space are available on windows 10

3. no drives work with storage spaces

4. no drives that work with storage spaces on windows 10,
  5. win 10 storage spaces no drives that work,
  6. storage spaces no drives,
  7. no drives for storage spaces,
  8. no drives that work with storage spaces hdd,
  9. what drives work with storage space