Windows 10: No DVD Drive?

Discus and support No DVD Drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So apparently I don't have a dvd drive installed and I cant open any discs, anyone has a solution?? 24268 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elex3n, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Elex3n Win User

No DVD Drive?

So apparently I don't have a dvd drive installed and I cant open any discs, anyone has a solution??

:)

Elex3n, Sep 26, 2015
  2. -=DVD=- Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

So, the Fall Creators Update has been released yesterday, but I haven't even been prompted for the Creators Update yet. My pc is not that old, bought it last summer. I have no idea as to why I'm still running version 1607 or wether it's safe for me to upgrade
    to either one of these newer versions. Will it screw up my drivers if I do? I am running Windows 10 Pro btw.

Any input would be appreciated.

-=DVD=-, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    External DVD plays video but no sound External DVD plays video but no sound

I understand. What multimedia player are you using? Have you tried updating your drivers? We recommend that you
    run the troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Under
      Windows
      category, click on
      Video Playback
      to run the troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

No DVD Drive?

Yes, if your DVD drive is not shown in Windows Explorer, there are a number of things you can try to fix this.

Please check in the Device Manager to see, if the drive is still listed there. I assume that it is not.

Second please check in the BIOS to see, if the drive is still listed there. I assume it is.

If both of my assumptions are true, then here are a number of possible solutions:
    [FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window - AskVG

Note that some of these tips include changing the Windows Registry. Wrong changes in the registry can basically screw up your PC. Make sure that you have a system restore point before you start changing things and make a backup of any value, which you change.

Joergi, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Elex3n Win User
    Oh man thanks a lot, I fixed it using the link you gave me,thanks a lot again, I salute you o/ !!

Elex3n, Sep 26, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    That is great to hear!

Would you still tell us, which of the methods given in that link helped you?

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No DVD Drive?

1. No DVD Drive? - Similar Threads - DVD Drive

2. Windows 10 cd/dvd drive missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 cd/dvd drive missing: When my laptop was purchased it was already Windows 10 and came with a cd/dvd drive. I never had a problem with it until today when I tried to burn a cd. When I put the cd in it just spins and I am unable to locate the drive in windows explorer. Would an update remove any...
  3. utoplay does not work for either of my two CD/DVD drives

utoplay does not work for either of my two CD/DVD drives: auay does not work on eithe two CD/DVD drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/utoplay-does-not-work-for-either-of-my-two-cddvd/156303f0-8b47-4d2a-9924-fcfe7cd709c5
  4. Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc

Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc: Up until about 6 months ago my Memorex DVD Recorder (Model MRX-550LE) had no problem formatting CD & DVD discs. Now, for some unknown reason it won't. Nothing has changed on my computer except for Windows 10 updates. When I check it out in Devices & Drivers, it says it's...
  5. How to prevent DVD-drive (with DVD inside) to run everytime I open File Explorer?

How to prevent DVD-drive (with DVD inside) to run everytime I open File Explorer?: Hello I'm using Windows 10 and my DVD-drive is functioning perfectly, but when I leave a DVD within (obligatory to launch my game) my DVD-drive runs when I launch File Explorer (and reruns when I close and reopen File Explorer or when the hard disk was sleeping). As I...
  6. dvd drive window 10

dvd drive window 10: My dvd drive does not open when I press the button on the tray......it use to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-window-10/4ca5170b-89a4-43e7-a342-e941ea60ec53
  7. Windows 10 COPY CD/DVD single drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 COPY CD/DVD single drive: I feel like a dinosuar. I'm new to Windows 10. I was able to burn a CD/DVD using native Win 10 (and make additional copies when doing so), but I'm getting frustrated trying to figure out how to COPY a CD/DVD. How do I COPY disks using (native) Win 10? If that's even an...
  8. Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive

Autoplay notification does not work with DVD drive: Autoplay does not work when a disk is inserted in the optical drive. Drive operates but the popup window associated with autoplay does not work. I have to open file explorer and point to the drive with my mouse to get the autoplay notification to work. Does anyone know how to...
  9. How do I get USB 3.0 DVD drive to show up in boot menu?

How do I get USB 3.0 DVD drive to show up in boot menu?: How do I get USB 3.0 DVD drive to show up in boot menu of refurbished OptiPlex 990 with bios A24? Once Windows 1909 is started, the DVD drive works, except I can't boot from it. Many thanks in advance, Steve 143575
  10. optical drive won't play dvd....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    optical drive won't play dvd....: my laptop, widows 10, will not play my new dvd's. I'm very disappointed-need help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-wont-play-dvd/b385b903-15dd-4832-b87a-408700b1f2ed"