Windows 10: No DVD Drive?

Discus and support No DVD Drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So apparently I don't have a dvd drive installed and I cant open any discs, anyone has a solution?? 24268 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elex3n, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Elex3n Win User

No DVD Drive?

So apparently I don't have a dvd drive installed and I cant open any discs, anyone has a solution??

:)

Elex3n, Sep 26, 2015
  2. -=DVD=- Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

So, the Fall Creators Update has been released yesterday, but I haven't even been prompted for the Creators Update yet. My pc is not that old, bought it last summer. I have no idea as to why I'm still running version 1607 or wether it's safe for me to upgrade
    to either one of these newer versions. Will it screw up my drivers if I do? I am running Windows 10 Pro btw.

Any input would be appreciated.

-=DVD=-, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    External DVD plays video but no sound External DVD plays video but no sound

I understand. What multimedia player are you using? Have you tried updating your drivers? We recommend that you
    run the troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Under
      Windows
      category, click on
      Video Playback
      to run the troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

No DVD Drive?

Yes, if your DVD drive is not shown in Windows Explorer, there are a number of things you can try to fix this.

Please check in the Device Manager to see, if the drive is still listed there. I assume that it is not.

Second please check in the BIOS to see, if the drive is still listed there. I assume it is.

If both of my assumptions are true, then here are a number of possible solutions:
    [FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window - AskVG

Note that some of these tips include changing the Windows Registry. Wrong changes in the registry can basically screw up your PC. Make sure that you have a system restore point before you start changing things and make a backup of any value, which you change.

Joergi, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Elex3n Win User
    Oh man thanks a lot, I fixed it using the link you gave me,thanks a lot again, I salute you o/ !!

Elex3n, Sep 26, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    That is great to hear!

Would you still tell us, which of the methods given in that link helped you?

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No DVD Drive?

1. No DVD Drive? - Similar Threads - DVD Drive

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  5. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  6. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  8. DVD drive not working

DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  9. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Acquired new device. DVD/CD drive on old computer does not function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acquired new device. DVD/CD drive on old computer does not function: Dear Sir/ Madam,Having recently bought a new computer I was disappointed to find it did not include a DVD drive. I understand why. I thought I would be able to use the one on my old computer but Windows Media Player seems to have been disabled.Regards Malcolm Cutlan...