Windows 10: No enhancement tab

Discus and support No enhancement tab in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I always used the enhancement tab on my previous Toshiba notebook with Windows 7, but when I got my new HP notebook with Windows 10 (and before any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasMichel1, Jul 14, 2018.

1. No enhancement tab

I always used the enhancement tab on my previous Toshiba notebook with Windows 7, but when I got my new HP notebook with Windows 10 (and before any updates), I checked the enhancement tab but it wasn't there. I thought that maybe because I didn't updated my notebook.

But even after I did all the required updates ,still, there's no enhancement tab.

(I have Realtek High Definition Audio driver, and I believe that the simple enhancement tab is usually supported by this driver, right?!) No enhancement tab ef56f84d-2741-4167-9874-f43db2796019?upload=true.png

:)

ThomasMichel1, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

no enhancements tab on my speaker properties HP windows 10

Hi Manuelde,

Outdated audio driver is one of the usual caused why the enhancements tab is not appearing on the speakers properties. There are also audio drivers that don't have an enhancement tab.

To isolate the root cause of the issue, we need additional information:

• Which audio driver are you using?
    • Were you able to use the enhancement tab before?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the driver using the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 14, 2018
  3. No Enhancement Tab in Microphone Settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    I suggest you to run the Sound troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press
      Enter.

• Click on View All on top left pane.

• Click on Playing audio from the list and follow the on-screen prompt for troubleshooting.
    I understand that the drivers are up to date, if you are not getting the latest drivers from the manufacturer try running the old drivers in compatibility mode and check.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 14, 2018
  4. No enhancement tab

Audio Enhancements Problem

Driver enhancements give you some special sound effects that will enhance your audio experience.

The steps to disable driver enhancements are listed below:

a. Click Start.

b. Type Sound in the Start search box and click
    Sound from the available options.

c. On the Playback
    tab, click Speakers and then click Properties.

d. Click the Enhancements
    tab and then select the Disable all enhancements check box.

If disabling driver enhancements doesn't help, please follow the steps given below:

a. Right click on volume icon in system tray.

b. Select Playback Devices. Select the Speakers icon, and click
    Properties.

c. Select the Enhancements tab.

d. Scroll down to Loudness Equalization and check the box.

e. Click Apply.

If the above given methods do not help, please uninstall your Audio driver, restart your PC and again install it.

Sagun Raj Lage, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

No enhancement tab

1. No enhancement tab - Similar Threads - enhancement tab

2. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  3. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  4. Audio Enhancements Tab missing from both input and output, windows 11 on Victus 16 laptop

Audio Enhancements Tab missing from both input and output, windows 11 on Victus 16 laptop: Hi all,My Windows 11 system does not have a tab for audio enhancements on either the input or output sources. I have tried all sorts of drivers, uninstall and reinstall. Currently, my system is on the Realtek 2.82 drivers.I tried the solution in which you select "High...
  5. Audio Enhancements Tab missing from both input and output, windows 11 on Victus 16 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Enhancements Tab missing from both input and output, windows 11 on Victus 16 laptop: Hi all,My Windows 11 system does not have a tab for audio enhancements on either the input or output sources. I have tried all sorts of drivers, uninstall and reinstall. Currently, my system is on the Realtek 2.82 drivers.I tried the solution in which you select "High...
  6. How do I get the enhancements tab to appear in the recording section?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get the enhancements tab to appear in the recording section?: I've been trying for a few hours to figure out how to get the enhancements tab to appear on the recording tab while recording audio so I can use the noise suppressor. The enhancements tab appears on appears on playback tab but not the recording. I have the Realtek audio...
  7. How do I get the enhancements tab to appear in the recording section?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the enhancements tab to appear in the recording section?: I've been trying for a few hours to figure out how to get the enhancements tab to appear on the recording tab while recording audio so I can use the noise suppressor. The enhancements tab appears on appears on playback tab but not the recording. I have the Realtek audio...
  8. How do I get the enhancements tab to appear in the recording section?

9. Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing: I am trying to restore the "enhancement" tab to my sound properties. It has been suggested on the web that I use the Windows High Definition Audio driver vs. the Realtek driver. The Windows driver is not available as an option when I try to install it via device manager even...
  10. Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing

Sound Enhancement Tab/High Def Driver both missing: I am trying to restore the "enhancement" tab to my sound properties. It has been suggested on the web that I use the Windows High Definition Audio driver vs. the Realtek driver. The Windows driver is not available as an option when I try to install it via device manager even...